Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the ones that got released...

Once again, as I said above, as far as I know (although I don't know if it is true) they recorded alternate songs in both nights. For example: the first night they would record The Beast Within, Nobody Knows Me, American Life and so on; the second night they would record Vogue, Frozen, Express Yourself... They had to change the rolls between songs because they were using the same cameras that are used to record films (for example, The Virgin Tour was filmed using this material and the master recording has a quality that would make possible a BluRay release). I don't remember where I read this explanation. 

Once again, as I said above, as far as I know (although I don't know if it is true) they recorded alternate songs in both nights. For example: the first night they would record The Beast Within, Nobody Knows Me, American Life and so on; the second night they would record Vogue, Frozen, Express Yourself... They had to change the rolls between songs because they were using the same cameras that are used to record films (for example, The Virgin Tour was filmed using this material and the master recording has a quality that would make possible a BluRay release). I don't remember where I read this explanation.

but if you see how many angles they have in nobody knows me and vogue, those songs were obviously not just taped in one night

Once again, as I said above, as far as I know (although I don't know if it is true) they recorded alternate songs in both nights. For example: the first night they would record The Beast Within, Nobody Knows Me, American Life and so on; the second night they would record Vogue, Frozen, Express Yourself... They had to change the rolls between songs because they were using the same cameras that are used to record films (for example, The Virgin Tour was filmed using this material and the master recording has a quality that would make possible a BluRay release). I don't remember where I read this explanation

IMO I think that they filmed both shows in full. It makes a lot more sense doing that then just filming a couple songs each night.

then why did they film the lisbon show if they had much better filming

We just don't know. The same thing can be applied to Blond Ambition. Why did they film/broadcast live Yokohama, Barcelona and Nice when they could have used the Bercy concert, which used cinematic filming techniques.

yes i think you're right and it makes sense. Madonna shows are non stop so you can't stop everything to change the film rolls and have a complete show by the end. That's why they had to film some songs in one date and others in a different date.

And the only reason we don't have neither RIT Paris nor BAT Paris is because of the documentaries..... well BAT apparently they dont know where they rolls are, probably owned by some company now that Miramax changes owners every other week. Who knows about RIT. Probably sitting there somewhere in storage. There's no incentive for someone to do the job and Madonna's priorities aren't on releasing old tours, especially if they aren't fully prepared already. We aren't getting them any time soon. Confessions and IGTTYAS on the other hand we could get, since they exist in finished form, but Warner is not interested I guess.

I hope we will get it soon. June would be really nice to have a broadcast before summer :) And as long as we've got the full show with nice audio, nice video, I'll be happy !!! If she wants to entertain us with a documentary and bonus, she is more than welcome :)

when do you think we will we get information on what it is that they are planning?

• 2 weeks later...

yes i think you're right and it makes sense. Madonna shows are non stop so you can't stop everything to change the film rolls and have a complete show by the end. That's why they had to film some songs in one date and others in a different date.

And the only reason we don't have neither RIT Paris nor BAT Paris is because of the documentaries..... well BAT apparently they dont know where they rolls are, probably owned by some company now that Miramax changes owners every other week. Who knows about RIT. Probably sitting there somewhere in storage. There's no incentive for someone to do the job and Madonna's priorities aren't on releasing old tours, especially if they aren't fully prepared already. We aren't getting them any time soon. Confessions and IGTTYAS on the other hand we could get, since they exist in finished form, but Warner is not interested I guess.

Its such a shame that she isnt interested in releasing her old tours in the HD format - i think the BA Paris show is defo top of my list of most wanted releases and also the full VT would be amazing to have - i heard that the full RIT Paris show wasnt filmed though ?? It does seem odd that we havent had that released ? If she hated the Lisbon show so much then surely we could have that by now ? its been 10 years since IGTTYAS was released ?

To be honest im not really that excited about the RH dvd - i never saw it live but after seeing most of it on YT i think its even worse than the MDNA tour - very poor uninspired backdrops(Except Iconic) and most of it was kind of used before > Dancing nuns, cages, beds o stage ??? I think the TOAC gig will be interesting to watch though

To be honest im not really that excited about the RH dvd - i never saw it live but after seeing most of it on YT i think its even worse than the MDNA tour - very poor uninspired backdrops(Except Iconic) and most of it was kind of used before > Dancing nuns, cages, beds o stage ??? I think the TOAC gig will be interesting to watch though

You're kidding right? You're judging a whole concert tour by watching crappy Youtube videos. Get real! The Rebel Heart Tour was amazing, it was much more positive and light-hearted than the MDNA Tour and SHE SANG LIVE most of the time!! I could never judge a Madonna tour that I never had the chance to see live. if that was the case I'd say everything she did before S&S is not worth appreciating  :lol:

The truth is every single tour has had its own merits, some of them have good songs, others have good costumes, others have better backdrops, and others are more avant-garde, and so on. Madonna's on a league of her own and her live shows are always a MUST!

:Madonna026:

Its such a shame that she isnt interested in releasing her old tours in the HD format - i think the BA Paris show is defo top of my list of most wanted releases and also the full VT would be amazing to have - i heard that the full RIT Paris show wasnt filmed though ?? It does seem odd that we havent had that released ? If she hated the Lisbon show so much then surely we could have that by now ? its been 10 years since IGTTYAS was released ?To be honest im not really that excited about the RH dvd - i never saw it live but after seeing most of it on YT i think its even worse than the MDNA tour - very poor uninspired backdrops(Except Iconic) and most of it was kind of used before > Dancing nuns, cages, beds o stage ??? I think the TOAC gig will be interesting to watch though

The show was amazing tho... Illuminati interlude, Deeper and Deeper, HeartbreakCity and LDLHA, the Music backdrop looked amazing with M on the middle... I hope they keep the Illuminati interlude and scrap Messiah for the DVD.

The show was amazing tho... Illuminati interlude, Deeper and Deeper, HeartbreakCity and LDLHA, the Music backdrop looked amazing with M on the middle... I hope they keep the Illuminati interlude and scrap Messiah for the DVD.

I hope they don't scrap a single thing. The show is amazing as it is. No more DVD's without the interludes like the Monster Ball Tour one, please.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic