robder

Like a prayer - live

My least fave is the RIT version, not that I dislike it. I remember were so excited to hear it live after 14 years it was so magical to experience at MSG that night.

I liked the MDNA version as it was closest to the original remix version/BAT version.

BAT, for me, was the only time she ever performed this FLAWLESSLY. The majority of future performances just seem to strip the life away from this beautiful song. Also, Like a Prayer pre Madonna's Evita vocal training sounds a lot better.

2 hours ago, PWCCA said:

BAT, for me, was the only time she ever performed this FLAWLESSLY. The majority of future performances just seem to strip the life away from this beautiful song. Also, Like a Prayer pre Madonna's Evita vocal training sounds a lot better.

This! :thumbsup::party:

It's all about the nuns, headbanging, feet shuffling and "GOD?" stabs. BAT was laced with humour and raunch. 

All the later versions were annoyingly anodyne and they kinda lost of irony of the song lyrics in the process.

23 hours ago, robder said:

This! :thumbsup::party:

It's all about the nuns, headbanging, feet shuffling and "GOD?" stabs. BAT was laced with humour and raunch. 

All the later versions were annoyingly anodyne and they kinda lost of irony of the song lyrics in the process.

Agreed!!!

On 12/13/2018 at 7:50 PM, Andymad said:

I don’t know why she’s never used the album version

I still have some hope she'll perform this song someday in it's original version, the best one in my opinion.  

On 12/14/2018 at 11:57 AM, L-U-V said:

the RIT version is the absolute best.

10180979-Like-a-Prayer-Re-Invention-Tour-Live.jpg

I agree. I feel like it's the only live version where she really put her heart into. She's alone, dances without all those complex choreographies supported by dozens of dancers. And the best thing is that she sang it beautifully.

On 12/15/2018 at 10:53 AM, madgefan said:

10180979-Like-a-Prayer-Re-Invention-Tour-Live.jpg

I agree. I feel like it's the only live version where she really put her heart into. She's alone, dances without all those complex choreographies supported by dozens of dancers. And the best thing is that she sang it beautifully.

The still sitting down version