Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

3 hours ago, stefo said:

Frozen was a damn good song and M's beauty and close ups were magnetic.

They are completely different, their voice expressiveness and charisma are not comparable and it's ok, they're different people. I understand the homage but I think that, made in such a similar way, it's the worst step she could do to enforce her public persona. 

I agree.  I see the similarities some are saying, but there is far more going on in Lola's new video than Frozen.  I can't imagine Lola agreeing to "copying" her mom's work in anyway.  But it's apparent what she did was influenced either by Madonna's Frozen video or something else that was similar that Madonna was either influenced by or another artist.  I think the video is great.  The song not so much.  I just am not in that sort of style of music.

48 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I agree.  I see the similarities some are saying, but there is far more going on in Lola's new video than Frozen.  I can't imagine Lola agreeing to "copying" her mom's work in anyway.  But it's apparent what she did was influenced either by Madonna's Frozen video or something else that was similar that Madonna was either influenced by or another artist.  I think the video is great.  The song not so much.  I just am not in that sort of style of music.

Too many references imo, it's almost the same in terms of imaginary: the body suspended in the air, the long dark dress, the blue cinematography, the exact kind of dog wich runs and then looks at her, the flying crows ... I mean, I like Lola (not so much the song, as you said, not into that type of music either), but alluding is a much more subtle kind of operation, she basically reproduced most of the Frozen imaginary.

Nothing bad, I repeat it, I'm not saying she did it badly or it is a mistake, I simply think it's not clever for her as an artist, at this point of her career, especially releasing it at three days from the debut night of her Monster Pop Icon Super Duper Godess blablabla mum

4 minutes ago, stefo said:

Too many references imo, it's almost the same in terms of imaginary: the body suspended in the air, the long dark dress, the blue cinematography, the exact kind of dog wich runs and then looks at her, the flying crows ... I mean, I like Lola (not so much the song, as you said, not into that type of music either), but alluding is a much more subtle kind of operation, she basically reproduced most of the Frozen imaginary.

Nothing bad, I repeat it, I'm not saying she did it badly or it is a mistake, I simply think it's not clever for her as an artist, at this point of her career, especially releasing it at three days from the debut night of her Monster Pop Icon Super Duper Godess blablabla mum

I won't deny; there is a lot of similarities, but even so, I feel Lola took it another level than Madonna.  After all, being suspended in air, animals morphing and other similarities were happening in films and videos before Madonna did it. 

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

Trying hard to make her a thing but unfortunately she’s talentless. 🥲

I'm gonna disagree. I think if anything she's trying hard to do things not so commercial.  She's seems to be the avant-garde side of Madonna. Lola can sing, dance and most likely act. She's just choosing projects that aren't easily liked by the mainstream public.

22 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I'm gonna disagree. I think if anything she's trying hard to do things not so commercial.  She's seems to be the avant-garde side of Madonna. Lola can sing, dance and most likely act. She's just choosing projects that aren't easily liked by the mainstream public.

And that's even better !!!

I like to tihink the same, @McDonna❤️

And we remember their Frozen act on Madame X , she must really love the song. 

***Removed the Quote****

This is being discussed in the Celebration forum in the Rehearsals Spoiler thread.  I personally like the mash up for what I can hear, but this is most likely fake.  Anyone can make a muffled audio, trying to convince others this may be some recording from outside the venue or such.  Rumor or not, I actually think it sounds pretty cool, so I wouldn't mind if it was part of the show.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/10/11/madonna-gets-epic-royal-nod-as-celebration-tour-kicks-off-in-london-19645591/

Screenshot_20231011_181600_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8636c352b99f792d09cf5ec5ef216868.jpg

The Queen of Pop kicks off her Celebration tour at the 02 on Saturday and to mark the 65-year-old’s arrival in the capital the world-famous venue has created a Madonna-themed flag much like the Royal Standard flag.

The Royal Standard flag is flown at full mast whenever King Charles III is in residence at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle and Madonna’s flag will let everyone in London know she’s in town.

Made by the royal family’s very own flagmakers, Madonna’s flag will stay up throughout her five headline shows, in which the A-lister will belt out four decades of her biggest hits.

Steve Sayer, vice president and general manager at the O2, said of the idea: ‘The arrival of Madonna and The Celebration Tour in London is arguably the biggest UK event in pop music this year.

11 minutes ago, PlasticLimbo said:

The tabloid rags are going to be using that goddamn Grammy photo in every article til the day she dies, aren't they. Grrr.

34 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

The tabloid rags are going to be using that goddamn Grammy photo in every article til the day she dies, aren't they. Grrr.

Exactly.  I just bought Dangerous Game and Shanghai Suprise on Vudu and the pic is from her Aretha Franklin Tribute.  It is so intentional and ridiculous.  There are tens if thousands of fantastic photos of Madonna but they wanna troll her.  

Screenshot_20231011_151038_Vudu.jpg

11 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Exactly.  I just bought Dangerous Game and Shanghai Suprise on Vudu and the pic is from her Aretha Franklin Tribute.  It is so intentional and ridiculous.  There are tens if thousands of fantastic photos of Madonna but they wanna troll her.  

Screenshot_20231011_151038_Vudu.jpg

Even when you Google Madonna, what seems to come up is the photos from the Grammys when there has been plenty of fantastic images of her since.  I agree it's intentional because it seems with nearly any other celebrity, most publications or searches the worst critiqued images of that person rarely comes up. 

1 hour ago, subversive said:

No spoilers!!

You're fighting a losing battle here, especially once the tour starts.  While I respectively would post tour related info in the specific tour forum, it's eventually going to filter out to other related threads.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're truly not wanting to be spoiled before your show, your best bet is to avoid Madonna groups and forums all together, or at least forums or threads that will definitely include images and social media shared info of the tour.  No matter how much you want to police it, there are going to be just as many or more people want to talk about the tour.

20 minutes ago, McDonna said:

You're fighting a losing battle here, especially once the tour starts.  While I respectively would post tour related info in the specific tour forum, it's eventually going to filter out to other related threads.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're truly not wanting to be spoiled before your show, your best bet is to avoid Madonna groups and forums all together, or at least forums or threads that will definitely include images and social media shared info of the tour.  No matter how much you want to police it, there are going to be just as many or more people want to talk about the tour.

I make your words mine . Thank you.

5 minutes ago, PlasticLimbo said:

I make your words mine . Thank you.

For me, I just don't see the point of going to any place Madonna related if I'm avoiding anything she's currently ready to unveil.  It really is hard to avoid spoilers all together especially when the tour starts because that's all we'll be seeing for the next many months.  More and more fans will see the tour and more and more will want to talk about it. If someone is making the conscience choice of avoiding it, so why expect others to not talk about it at very forums and groups dedicated to her? Especially when that's pretty much going to be all what is going to be talked about for the next many months.