Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

13 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Lourdes used to have the cover of The Fame Monster as a poster glued to the wall of her bedroom. I bet after Mambo dies, she'll give a lot of mama's old, demo stuff to her true idol as memorabilia (and maybe to do something else - let's say, now with Ciccone family's blessings).

David should inherit everything lol.

45 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Madonna spoke out on the situation in Israel. While I know she is trying to do good, and her statement is more poignant than just "I stand with Israel," I kind of wish people would be quiet on this subject unless they are directly involved. I am Jewish and of course I feel for the Israeli people, but I always think it's kind of tone deaf for people to make these statements from behind a computer in a location that isn't even affected, and with limited understanding of the history that surrounds these conflicts simply by virtue of not having family history in these territories. I feel for anyone unduly affected by violence. I don't care what country they are from or what "side" they are on. I will never support innocent people being slaughtered. 

We are so trained to view things as "good guys" vs. "bad guys" from movies and media, when the truth is never that simple. Every armed conflict is filled with evil on both sides, and there are people trying to do good on both sides, and there are people who are simply innocent and don't want any war at all on both sides. It sometimes feels like people rooting for sport teams, which trivializes it. 

Also people fighting for their lives don't really care that some rando "stands with them" on social media. Even if it's a celebrity. Not everybody needs to be an activist in every situation. 

Did she edit her original post to add that last part?

I do agree with you, the virtue signalling of social media is tedious. People should educate themselves properly if they want to be activists. Unfortunately too many people are just dipping their toe in a form of "activism" that is mainly about themselves. I would not put Madonna in that category though.

4 hours ago, PlasticLimbo said:

So happy she isn't afraid to speak up about what could potentially become a regional if not world problem if "peace" isn't found. What's worse it's taking place in an already volatile region, and innocent people are being involved and killed.  Unfortunately, I don't see a quick fix.  I fear that more countries will take sides and make things even worse.  :sad:

Let’s be sure not turn this thread into a political argument about Israel and Palestine. No one is equipped to confront the issues around the history and geopolitics of that region, thus the existence of war, and so my hope is that we can all agree that any life lost, Jew or Arab, as a result of this is an atrocity. The only thing to do is condemn all violence. Unfortunately we are on the precipice of an unprecedented global conflict. Peace is more than the absence of war. Most human beings have no stake in any war, but religions, corporations and governments (often the same in variants depending on the ideology adhered to) DO. ☮️

9 hours ago, adirondak said:

Madonna spoke out on the situation in Israel. While I know she is trying to do good, and her statement is more poignant than just "I stand with Israel," I kind of wish people would be quiet on this subject unless they are directly involved. I am Jewish and of course I feel for the Israeli people, but I always think it's kind of tone deaf for people to make these statements from behind a computer in a location that isn't even affected, and with limited understanding of the history that surrounds these conflicts simply by virtue of not having family history in these territories. I feel for anyone unduly affected by violence. I don't care what country they are from or what "side" they are on. I will never support innocent people being slaughtered. 

We are so trained to view things as "good guys" vs. "bad guys" from movies and media, when the truth is never that simple. Every armed conflict is filled with evil on both sides, and there are people trying to do good on both sides, and there are people who are simply innocent and don't want any war at all on both sides. It sometimes feels like people rooting for sport teams, which trivializes it. 

Also people fighting for their lives don't really care that some rando "stands with them" on social media. Even if it's a celebrity. Not everybody needs to be an activist in every situation. 

Aren't you making a statement too?  Are you in the crosshairs?  We live in a global world with more information being shared than in any time during history.  

5 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Aren't you making a statement too?  Are you in the crosshairs?  We live in a global world with more information being shared than in any time during history.  

I don’t get what you’re saying… we’re on a Madonna forum in the social media thread so yes I’m making a statement on her social media post. 

Celebrities should let the people affected in those territories speak on the situation. Every time they speak they become the headline, and the people affected are the ones that should be heard. We hear celebrity viewpoints on literally every political situation. I don’t need to know that random celebrities sitting on their iPhone in their mansions have traded their Ukrainian flag for an Israeli one. If they want to make a statement, they could amplify the voices that deserve to be heard by sharing one of their posts. When 9-11 happened, would you really have cared if Kylie Minogue had said she stands with America while sitting by her pool in Australia with a vegemite sandwich?

1 hour ago, adirondak said:

I don’t get what you’re saying… we’re on a Madonna forum in the social media thread so yes I’m making a statement on her social media post. 

Celebrities should let the people affected in those territories speak on the situation. Every time they speak they become the headline, and the people affected are the ones that should be heard. We hear celebrity viewpoints on literally every political situation. I don’t need to know that random celebrities sitting on their iPhone in their mansions have traded their Ukrainian flag for an Israeli one. If they want to make a statement, they could amplify the voices that deserve to be heard by sharing one of their posts. When 9-11 happened, would you really have cared if Kylie Minogue had said she stands with America while sitting by her pool in Australia with a vegemite sandwich?

Kylies got KM Air, A Love boat,  A Love Train and a space ship. She might be over on a secret submarine to help dont drag her into it. 

4 minutes ago, scallywally said:

Kylies got KM Air, A Love boat,  A Love Train and a space ship. She might be over on a secret submarine to help dont drag her into it. 

Nothing ever happens in Australia. I am beginning to feel like Australia is the spiritual center of earth rather than Israel as all the religious and Kabbalah people say.