Ghosttown - Single Thread

groovyguy

Am I allowed to express dissappointment??

I'm not happy with all the nonsense-requisites. There's a thing lying in front of her bed looking like a Chritsmas tree. She's mourning her (real!) mother, but not her children. She's throwing that cape much too often. All the dramatic movements are out of sync with the audio track. She isn't giving the Asian boy a second look and holds his teddy bear like some garbage thing...

It's supposed to look sad and dramatic, but I don't feel anything. It's bad and random acting in a setting without effort.

She looks good though.

But it's not Bad Girl, not Drowned World, not Frozen, no WIFLFAG... it's The Power of Goodbye without style.

I LOOOOOOVE the song, so I'm not watching the video too often.

I'm happy for everybody who likes the video! But I don't. :Madonna041: 

Amazing work of art. Loved the Lola and her mother pics. And the dancing, I remember a while ago some on here said he/she wanted to see her doing that kind of video, a la Pink's Try. Here u have. It's really beautiful.

I said it! im so happy about the video, her best since 4 minutes

Am I allowed to express dissappointment??

I'm not happy with all the nonsense-requisites. There's a thing lying in front of her bed looking like a Chritsmas tree. She's mourning her (real!) mother, but not her children. She's throwing that cape much too often. All the dramatic movements are out of sync with the audio track. She isn't giving the Asian boy a second look and holds his teddy bear like some garbage thing...

I noticed many of the things you mention in your post but I honestly don't care that much. The video was filmed in 2 days? and how much time did they take to edit it? 2 weeks? It could have been worse, we could have got a Celebration-like video coming from the director himself. Ghosttown has received decent video treatment, we should be celebrating that, oh well... she's still making videos ffs!

What amazes me the most about the video, as simple as it appears (she doesn't change clothes), is that they were able to keep a good plot going on. Many, many, many, I mean MANY other people count on big budget to make their videos, they film them in dreamy places, hire hundreds of extras but are not even able to keep the plot going on. Something that one as a watcher always appreciates. Art must be understood and Ghosttown does not fail at this.

“Ghosttown†Video: A Breakdown Of Madonna’s Post-Apocalyptic Love Story

by Bradley Stern

What? You didn’t think Madonna would just…premiere a video on Meerkat, did you? Oh no. Hardly.

You see, after a false start yesterday that sent the fanbase into a tizzy, the Queen Of Pop decided to test our devotion with a second, even more #UnapologeticFlop of a premiere for her “Ghosttown†video this afternoon on the burgeoning live-streaming service.

At around 1 PM, the Meerkat loaded to find a man fumbling through an office on his phone, bumping into a desk and then going straight to black, followed by the words “STREAM OVER.†It was her best work since “Like A Prayer†— clearly a performance art meditation on the transience of social media and the danger of investing in start-up companies. And then, the video popped up on some bootleg Chinese video service. And then (probably) on#TIDAL4ALL, the Illuminati’s premiere streaming service. And then on YouTube, like it should have been from the very beginning.

But, anyway! Onto the video.

Posted Image

As hoped, the post-apocalyptic love song sees our beloved Rebel Heart #LivingForLove in a hopeless place…a bomb shelter, to be exact! Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt teas, to be honest.

She’s pretty sad because everyone she loves is probably dead, so she decides to go out anyway and see if anyone’s bought Rebel Heart.

Posted Image

And so, she kisses a photo of her late mother (OMG) and throws on a cape to give us Johnny Depp in Sweeney Todd meets American Horror Story: Coven meets Circusney meets Gothic Lolita Tokyo street fashion…

Posted Image

…while also making this face at one point.

She sets out to explore.

Posted Image

“GAGA WUZ HEREâ€

It’s clear that she is also unable to adapt to her environment…

Posted Image

She has also clearly never used a pay-phone before.

Posted Image

After twirling through hellfire and creeply playgrounds that used to be hers (REFERENCE) while showing off her grills and gap (#GrillsAndGap), M-Dolla comes under the crosshairs of a very jumpy Terrence Howard of Empire, clearly nervous about the Rebel Heart/Empire Soundtrackshowdown on the Billboard 200 weeks ago.

Posted Image

“Top of the morning to ya, motherfucker.â€

But after surveying the emotional woman in the top hat for a bit, he realizes: Bitch, that’s Madonna.

Posted Image

So what does one do when everyone you know is dead? DANCE!

And together, the two basically do the “Erotica/You Thrill Me†dance from The Confessions Tour.

Posted Image

“LOL, wut r u guys even doing?â€

This adorable Asian baby boy comes wandering out from the shadows and is like â€œOMFG, I don’t remember buying tickets to the Rebel Heart Tour. Slay.â€

Posted Image

AVERT YOUR EYES, CHILD. MOMMY’S BUSY.

After a brief boogie, the trio come together to form one beautiful, multicultural, post-apocalyptic, all-of-our-loved-ones-are-dead-so-let’s-just-go-with-it family.

Posted Image

“WELP.â€

But really, the “Ghosttown†video is beautiful. Madonna looks like a true, witchy legend. And the overall message is really touching.

That last scene, especially, is a striking image. Long live the Queen.

“Even with no light, we’re gonna shine like gold in this mad, mad world…â€

Posted Image

I noticed many of the things you mention in your post but I honestly don't care that much. The video was filmed in 2 days? and how much time did they take to edit it? 2 weeks? It could have been worse, we could have got a Celebration-like video coming from the director himself. Ghosttown has received decent video treatment, we should be celebrating that, oh well... she's still making videos ffs!

What amazes me the most about the video, as simple as it appears (she doesn't change clothes), is that they were able to keep a good plot going on. Many, many, many, I mean MANY other people count on big budget to make their videos, they film them in dreamy places, hire hundreds of extras but are not even able to keep the plot going on. Something that one as a watcher always appreciates. Art must be understood and Ghosttown does not fail at this.

The concept is well thought out and executed I think. That's the difference between Madonna and other artists, while other artists hire 10000 extras and have tons of CGI, Madonna's work is more minimalistic yet more effective. I didn't like Living For Love AT ALL, but I love this video to bits!!! I do think there's emotion in it, like for example the part where shes playing like a kid, and then she gets angry/upset kinda has a breakdown. You have to pick up on the details :)

The concept is well thought out and executed I think. That's the difference between Madonna and other artists, while other artists hire 10000 extras and have tons of CGI, Madonna's work is more minimalistic yet more effective. I didn't like Living For Love AT ALL, but I love this video to bits!!! I do think there's emotion in it, like for example the part where shes playing like a kid, and then she gets angry/upset kinda has a breakdown. You have to pick up on the details :)

Maybe it will grow on me. I really hope so! It's true, there's a concept and a story line - finally - ...

Don't want to rain on your parade, enjoy the video!

Maybe it will grow on me. I really hope so! It's true, there's a concept and a story line - finally - ...

Don't want to rain on your parade, enjoy the video!

youre not raining on my parade  :lol: I get what you're saying, but after LFL, I really can't complain if her acting is not oscar-worthy.  :tongue: