The Polaroid

BillyBongo

1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

This is such a terrible look, Madonna. I adore you more than you can imagine, but this is a new level of disrespect to fans and to tarnishing your own name after a long life of appearing as the revolutionary artist who speaks for the weak, the poor, the broken, the outcasts and encouraging self-respect, self-love and equality.

I'm not saying she owes us a polaroid, but this attitude comes off as quite hypocritical from someone who sang "I will be poor, if the poor are humiliated" only to go on humiliating the poor. We call her a queen out of respect and love, not out of being parasites beneath her that she gets to be rude to in the name of humor or whatever.

they were shouting " you suck " your show sucks etc etc ...soo im not surprised she confronted them 

When she starts in a new city, she should change it up and do something different for Malawi. The Polaroid idea is putting  too many people off. But it's like the more people complain (and this is true for her lateness too), the more she goes over board and in your/our face with it? At the same time, I've loved this fighting spirit in the past especially when the press and critics have lied, made up stuff or sensationalized on her. I don't know ...but it's getting to be too much. I hope and pray it all works out some how. 

The whole polaroid thing makes me feel a little uncomfortable. She is earning millions per show with extremely expensive ticket prices, but then she is also doing this stunt of selling polaroids for thousands in cash to the very people who have already forked out too much money. It seems rather 'off' to me. Why not just designate a percentage of each ticket price to her charity, rather than embarrassing herself with this stunt? Raising Malawi would be a lot better off.

I'm not sure I understand the problem some have with the "Polaroid"?  So what, she's selling it to the top bidder.  I had the impression (at least early on), it was a set up anyway. She would send someone out in the audience to see who is willing to fork over some cash for a picture.  Maybe that has changed since, but it still seems like a time she is able to engage with the audience, in her usual humor.  And most of us die hard fans know she has a wicked sense of humor.  I'm not sure it's supposed to be taken so seriously?  It's not like she's forcing anyone to pay for the picture.  Everyone who is bidding are grown adults who are willing participants.  Who is it really hurting, especially if she is giving the money to charity?  Seems to me a lot of complaining over nothing. 

Tell me what you want but I don't like this marchant-like stunt. I read fans are actually withdrawing cash before the show in the hope they'll get to meet her on stage. Eyes rolling ffs!

Like when back in the MDNA tour she'd collect cash off the audience. Whereas it could be a cheeky idea (the stripper, the dollar bills..it fit in somehow) I just don't like it. It's cheap. 

She could have talked about her charity association during the show and elegantly asked people to contribute if they could. Naaah that would have been too classy, Madonna?

5 hours ago, Mark Collins said:

I'm not sure I understand the problem some have with the "Polaroid"?  So what, she's selling it to the top bidder.  I had the impression (at least early on), it was a set up anyway. She would send someone out in the audience to see who is willing to fork over some cash for a picture.  Maybe that has changed since, but it still seems like a time she is able to engage with the audience, in her usual humor.  And most of us die hard fans know she has a wicked sense of humor.  I'm not sure it's supposed to be taken so seriously?  It's not like she's forcing anyone to pay for the picture.  Everyone who is bidding are grown adults who are willing participants.  Who is it really hurting, especially if she is giving the money to charity?  Seems to me a lot of complaining over nothing. 

It's vulgar. 

Just now, notbizzre said:

Yep. Vulgar. Asking money like that to a bloodshed of fans bidding higher amounts to get to see her. Just vulgar. Cheap. And yes, vulgar. 

What? But everyone still sees her?  I don't see the logic in this response?  She's not forcing anyone to pay up.  I think you're taking it way too seriously.  It's all part of the show. Do you really think a thousand or two matters to her?  She's a millionaire. She said it goes to charity.  If someone put that picture online to bid, you damn well know people would bid unbelievable amounts of money for it. 

My take, some are just envy of those who are able to cough up the money and they need to belittle this part of the show as "cheap" and "vulgar" and whatever silly adjective.  :laughing:

3 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

My take, some are just envy of those who are able to cough up the money and they need to belittle this part of the show as "cheap" and "vulgar" and whatever silly adjective.  :laughing:

Nice theory.  Not remotely true.  It's about good taste and being respectful.  Good manners.

1 minute ago, Mark Collins said:

What? But everyone still sees her?  I don't see the logic in this response?  She's not forcing anyone to pay up.  I think you're taking it way too seriously.  It's all part of the show. Do you really think a thousand or two matters to her?  She's a millionaire. She said it goes to charity.  If someone put that picture online to bid, you damn well know people would bid unbelievable amounts of money for it. 

I read stories of fans stopping at an ATM machine before the show, ensuring they'd have a couple of thousands to try their luck. I find that REVOLTING. Did my response make sense? YES. Did it make it before? YES. It's all in the class baby. Or the lack of it. And by what we hear and read - that segment lacks a big deal of it. 

10 minutes ago, notbizzre said:

I read stories of fans stopping at an ATM machine before the show, ensuring they'd have a couple of thousands to try their luck. I find that REVOLTING. Did my response make sense? YES. Did it make it before? YES. It's all in the class baby. Or the lack of it. And by what we hear and read - that segment lacks a big deal of it. 

That's a fan's choice.  Again, anyone silly enough to withdraw so much money to buy a silly polaroid is on them. Don't fault Madonna. It's part of her show.  She isn't stupid. She knows that people will pay a zillion dollars for her to sweat on them or give her a half eaten orange.  If she truly is giving it to charity, then I say that is genius. 

Maybe you should concentrate more on the positives than the silly negatives some are nitpicking. :laughing:

2 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

That's a fan's choice.  Again, anyone silly enough to withdraw so much money to buy a silly polaroid is on them. Don't fault Madonna. It's part of her show.  She isn't stupid. She knows that people will pay a zillion dollars for her to sweat on them or give her a half eaten orange.  If she truly is giving it to charity, then I say that is genius. 

Maybe you should concentrate more on the positives than the silly negatives some are nitpicking. :laughing:

Nah you concentrate on what you think is positive if you want. For me that part of the show AINT positive for all the many reasons I enlisted in my posts. We're talking about the polaroid stunt, not the show - be that understood. 

16 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Nice theory.  Not remotely true.  It's about good taste and being respectful.  Good manners.

That's no "theory".  It's one opinion, just like your silly response is.  If you're looking for "good taste" or "good manners" you're barking up the wrong artist. This is Madonna we're talking about. A woman who released a coffee table book on Sex.  LOL!  Respect has nothing to do with it. If she's giving it to charity, then I say that takes guts and integrity.  

1 minute ago, notbizzre said:

Nah you concentrate on what you think is positive if you want. For me that part of the show AINT positive for all the many reasons I enlisted in my posts. We're talking about the polaroid stunt, not the show - be that understood. 

Well, it's obvious you're only here to just trash Madonna.  Good luck with that!

11 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

To some people, it's a big deal and not silly.  Feel lucky that it doesn't bother you.

Yeah, I feel "lucky" that I don't sweat silly shit like her selling a polaroid to grown ass adults who will go to no length to buy the pic. If isn't classy or  if it's such a problem why are so many fans so willing to bid for it at such high price? We're talking about a millionaire.  A thousand or two is chump change to her.  Again, no one is FORCED to buy this pic. It's obviously all part of the show. If you really think by now that Madonna is going to sell you a polaroid for a few bucks, you obviously aren't up to speed to what sort of artist Madonna is. 

Edited by Mark Collins (see edit history)