Songs that are simply unnecessary for the madame x tour

byebyebaby

Guest Ashley

Crave works as a duet. The same goes for Medellin. If she doesn't have someone performing the second part then it won't work in a theatre setting.

She can get away with dueting with a recording in a stadium on a boom boom song like 4 Minutes, yet in a theatre, you can't get away with it. 

For me ... it's Future. I don't really like the song and it drags out that set. Replace it with Words (Actions Speak Louder Than Words) ... that typewriter motif would have made this unexpected album track pop out. It would have been perfectly placed in Future's place and would have been that surprise concert moment fans live for. 

Guest Ashley
26 minutes ago, Rory said:

For me ... it's Future. I don't really like the song and it drags out that set. Replace it with Words (Actions Speak Louder Than Words) ... that typewriter motif would have made this unexpected album track pop out. It would have been perfectly placed in Future's place and would have been that surprise concert moment fans live for. 

Future works with Madame X. It's a good song. The problem with Madame X tour is that it needs a narrative and plot to bring the songs and production together and old songs like words play a part in that. 

Guest Ashley
11 minutes ago, godx said:

How good or bad the actual tour is is all down to opinion but I believe MX is the worst setlist she has ever had.

The whole production has been rushed and not thought out properly. Songs like Future and Crave could have been worked a lot better than they did. They do fit into Madame X and are good songs. 

I agree with you on LAP. She should have given Express Yourself a good outing for Madame X, it fits in with the manifesto. 

Guest Ashley
49 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

What a dumb topic ? it’s her tour so she will pick the songs she feels are appropriate 

Choosing a set list must be really hard when you have a back catalogue like M has and also you want to include the recent work as well. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

The only thing that I would change is perform an acoustic version of Crave as opposed to the Tracy Young remix.

It was disappointing that some songs weren’t in there but she can’t please everyone at the end of the day. I enjoy Human Nature a lot and I’m perfectly happy with her including it in her tours, and this rendition sounds amazing and fitting. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

The only thing that I would change is perform an acoustic version of Crave as opposed to the Tracy Young remix.

It was disappointing that some songs weren’t in there but she can’t please everyone at the end of the day. I enjoy Human Nature a lot and I’m perfectly happy with her including it in her tours, and this rendition sounds amazing and fitting. 

Amen.

9 hours ago, kevon said:

American life fits the theme, as well as sodade

like a prayer sounds terrible 

Like a prayer sounds lifeless beacuse they have change the key of the song if you didn't notice... on Eurovision it was in original key and she strugled, now it is few notes down  but the result is... zzz zz z

19 minutes ago, jmrgby88 said:

Can you not just keep to one topic about this? We get it, you don't like the Madame X tour, but we don't need another topic about it.

I like the madame x tour concept but i don't like setlist. We are all here talking sharing our opinions. theres no need to comment something like this. Bye