Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Cool! Let's check the audio previous in an hour on Apple Music NZ :-)

"Angel (Extended Dance Mix Edit) - 2022 Remaster"... makes me thing it was actually considered and remastered for "Finally Enough Love" but left out in the end!

Perhaps when causing a commotion comes it will have one of the edits with this tag!

Just now, Prayer said:

"Angel" digital single out in NZ!

600x600cc-60.jpg

1:30 audio previews:

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/angel-ep/1739865251

They're all the original masters I think, even the "Extended Edit" tagged as 2022 Remaster. Must be a mistake.

Love that cover and the fact the dance mix edit is there. Alas Into The Groove won't be released separately maybe...

Did they name it "Angel/Into the groove" or just Angel?

Also why this isn't 2024 remaster like Material Girl was? Mmm

5 minutes ago, Erotico said:

Love that cover and the fact the dance mix edit is there. Alas Into The Groove won't be released separately maybe...

Just "Angel", makes sense cause anyway "Into The Groove" was its B-Side in the US - even if it ended up being bigger.

No one knows why some are remasters and others are not, life is a mystery and these releases are too xd

I repeat myself but I'll always prefer the originals. The 2024 remaster of "Material Girl" is terrible, you can't ever hear the iconic slap sound there. The 2022 one on "Finally Enough Love" was good, though.

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Just "Angel", makes sense cause anyway "Into The Groove" was its B-Side in the US - even if it ended up being bigger.

Not totally correct as when it was out Title on spine was "Angel"/"Into The Groove" Specially-Priced 2-Cut Maxi Single (at least for the US 12")

angel_into_the_groove_madonna.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/it/master/34026-Madonna-Angel?image=3902804.SW1hZ2U6MTA4NzU4NzU%3D

21 minutes ago, Erotico said:

Maybe they meant 2024?  Or maybe this was remaster backed then, and no one knew about it?  Anyway, it's great to finally to get this gem!  I'm still hoping something will happen with ITG individually, possibly next spring/summer. 

19 minutes ago, Erotico said:

Not totally correct as when it was out Title on spine was "Angel"/"Into The Groove" Specially-Priced 2-Cut Maxi Single (at least for the US 12")

angel_into_the_groove_madonna.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/it/master/34026-Madonna-Angel?image=3902804.SW1hZ2U6MTA4NzU4NzU%3D

That's correct. The US 12" and the Canadian 12" and cassingle have always been labelled Angel/Into The Groove.

Fab but gutted that Into The Groove wont have its own release with the video edit and movie version. 

Feel like it's a bit of a coup that we got the radio edit though. That's a real win. Nice little EP actually but the Burning Up alternate would have been perfection. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Fab but gutted that Into The Groove wont have its own release with the video edit and movie version. 

Feel like it's a bit of a coup that we got the radio edit though. That's a real win. Nice little EP actually but the Burning Up alternate would have been perfection. 

I guess it's impossible to release each market version of the maxi singles , and honestly I believe that version of Burning up really belongs to the album reissue since it was the original LP version of the first album press. As for Into the Groove I doubt they would release previously unreleased edits and versions unless used for the LAV reissue, but also in that case I'd prefer unreleased tracks such as Desperately seeking Susan and Warning Signs.... a boy can dream 

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Cool! Let's check the audio previous in an hour on Apple Music NZ :-)

"Angel (Extended Dance Mix Edit) - 2022 Remaster"... makes me thing it was actually considered and remastered for "Finally Enough Love" but left out in the end!

It's SO WEIRD that Material Girl was a "2024" remaster and this Angel remix edit is a "2022" remaster.

8 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

It's SO WEIRD that Material Girl was a "2024" remaster and this Angel remix edit is a "2022" remaster.

It's a mistake anyway, it's the original master on the new digital single.

My bet is the Remix Edit of "Angel" was considered and remastered for "Finally Enough Love" but not used in the end and it was going to be included here now but they've put the original.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW