Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

4 hours ago, Erotico said:

So the edit fades out some 10 seconds before the LP version? that's all?

A cleaner fade. 80s album tracks often had unnecessary long fades, which was fine for the album but useless for radio.

6 hours ago, JustinTimes said:

I'm confused now! So, are we talking about Everybody or Holiday?

It's Everybody on the vinyl the same as the 7" Edit or a new mix?

Holiday.

The streaming re-issue of Everybody has the actual 7" Edit (although remastered).

6 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

From PopJustice: 

Screenshot_2024-04-09-05-42-27-823_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.371393fab331faa92b341895dee2dc45.jpg

EXACTLY THE TRACKLIST I EXPECTED! Also fucking FINALLY another single re-issue.

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

Cool! Let's check the audio previous in an hour on Apple Music NZ :-)

"Angel (Extended Dance Mix Edit) - 2022 Remaster"... makes me thing it was actually considered and remastered for "Finally Enough Love" but left out in the end!

Oh that’s an interesting theory!

6 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

HQ cover from Apple Music, I've always loved this photoshoot on the black sandy beach in Hawaii

603497823475.jpg

Also: Finally a true HQ cover and not some stupid upscale!

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

Well we already knew based on the missing ISRC codes for FEL, that Angel and CAC were supposed to be on there, but replaced by YCD tracks instead.

Oh wow. I didn’t know.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW
8 hours ago, Erotico said:

I guess it's impossible to release each market version of the maxi singles , and honestly I believe that version of Burning up really belongs to the album reissue since it was the original LP version of the first album press. As for Into the Groove I doubt they would release previously unreleased edits and versions unless used for the LAV reissue, but also in that case I'd prefer unreleased tracks such as Desperately seeking Susan and Warning Signs.... a boy can dream 

Yeah, I don't really expect anymore than what was commercially released (mostly likely from the U.S.) to be released. If we get some rare edits/mixes, it's a plus!  The point is to get at least the actual singles on digital/streaming platforms because that's what most people gravitate to anyway.  Most people don't really care about the edits/7 inches or remixes. Those are usually something the Die hard fans look for.  :)

I love that Angel Remix, so happy to see her shine on streaming and you know I love me a good cheerleader chant, so camp so 80s Madonna! Madonna! I was so upset when the cover was near the top on FEL cover but not included, I guess it makes sense but still what the fuck Emily. Finally Enough Love: 51ish Number Ones

2 hours ago, survivalartist said:

I love that Angel Remix, so happy to see her shine on streaming and you know I love me a good cheerleader chant, so camp so 80s Madonna! Madonna! I was so upset when the cover was near the top on FEL cover but not included, I guess it makes sense but still what the fuck Emily. Finally Enough Love: 51ish Number Ones

It only went #1 because of Into The Groove.  If Into The Groove actually got a commercial single release, I'm sure that would have been the song soaring to the top of the charts while Angel may have just reached top 10, at best!!  I also don't think the FEL cover with Angel and CAC was meant to represent what was actually included on FEL, but just to celebrate they were #1 Dance hits too.  At the end of the day, CAC probably has more merit to be included over Angel!  :)

20 hours ago, Erotico said:

Also why this isn't 2024 remaster like Material Girl was? Mmm

I dunno. I'm kinda lost in all of this. This is a remaster, that is not a remaster.... May it be that only original tracks of Like a Virgin will get a remaster. Looking at the single tracklist there's no Angel or Angel - Album version but Angel (Radio Edit)

7 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

So... they have labeled "remaster" a mix that is not remastered at all?

Exactly.

Maybe a proper 2022 FEL remaster exists and they wanted to put it here but they've wrongly taken the 1985 master anyway.

In any case, a 2022 remaster would sound very loud compared to the rest of the 1985 master tracks on this release. Remaster all or none of them at all. But damn, now I want a FEL 2022 remaster of that remix if it exists!

I don’t think anyone knows what “ remastering “ is now - it’s probably my most hated word on this forum now - all people do is just  turn up the volume - remastering actually means going back to the multi tracks like Stuart has done with the celebration tour remixes - god I wish M would release those on streaming when the tour is over - I’m so over these single releases now and yet people want the same stuff we’ve had on our computers for years ???

26 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I don’t think anyone knows what “ remastering “ is now - it’s probably my most hated word on this forum now - all people do is just  turn up the volume - remastering actually means going back to the multi tracks like Stuart has done with the celebration tour remixes - god I wish M would release those on streaming when the tour is over - I’m so over these single releases now and yet people want the same stuff we’ve had on our computers for years ???

You always repeat the multitracks thing, but "remastering" doesn't necessarily mean going back to the multitracks, even though that can be obviously the best way to do it (it can completely change the original sound too, so you can never win, I know albums remastered from the multitracks that are a good job but change a lot from the originals, different backing vocals, etc. It can be messy or just different).

Technically, remastering is: to make a new master (= a recording from which all copies are made) of an earlier recording, usually in order to produce copies with better sound quality

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/remastering

So anything you do to enhance the old recording, even if it's just boosting the volume, can be considered remastering, whether you - or we - like it or not.

34 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I'm not against of remastering old tracks as long as they're close to the original masters (and improved). The use of multi-tracks is usually done to create multi-channel audio like making a dolby atmos mix and rarely for stereo mixes. Normally they use an unmastered mix but in Madonna's case, for some reason, they always choose the mastered tracks. And this is quite problematic because the sound is essentially being distorted.

11 minutes ago, bstranger said:

Angel, Causing a Commotion and Spotlight should be in the FEL tracklist instead Everybody, Physical Attraction and (urghhh) Me Against the Music. 

Putting a Britney Peers song instead of a Madonna song is a complete sin. It was just to get sales from Peers fans. I also hate that Party Rock version of Gimmee All Your Luvn.