Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

7 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

If I'm not wrong each song is copyrighted by their own single since years ago,unless a unavailable on streaming variant is copyrighted

So I don't think this means anything as other songs are the same

Screenshot_2023-09-25-08-20-03-901_com.google.android.youtube-edit.thumb.jpg.fce040faed44afdb0a35cdb811c7d6b8.jpg

Copyrighted by their own single which doesn't even exist

This song was released as an art installation single.

Quite bad two first days numbers on Spotify:

power.png.cb75d7d082adf58ea324f56b08f9f7c1.png

(Keep in mind track 1 is merged with the "Ray Of Light" album version and "GHV2", hence the 43M figure).

I'm thankful for all the old singles on digital, little by little, but wish they cared a little more. The Dallas Austin remix sent to Release Radar could easily have 60.000-70.000 streams by now... instead it has 3.500.

21 minutes ago, Prayer said:

(Keep in mind track 1 is merged with the "Ray Of Light" album version and "GHV2", hence the 43M figure).

I'm thankful for all the old singles on digital, little by little, but wish they cared a little more. The Dallas Austin remix sent to Release Radar could easily have 60.000-70.000 streams by now... instead it has 3.500.

My friend we can only hope they won't mess with remaining AL singles (and yep, DAD included!) plus Don't Tell Me.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Very unfortunate how they are not consistent with this campaign. They really can't get it right :Madonna032: Singles added with their original release date losing thousands of streams, her catalog being a messed with singles added in the album section, singles with current dates after months and months. Emily hunny... 

JhUH.gif

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I think it has to do with Kylie’s new album. 
Even though I don’t listen to her a lot and I stream Madonna quite a bit this Friday my Spotify was all about Kylie and the only way to see this release was by manually searching. 
Not every release has to be a a huge success. It’s more about consistency and accessibility of her catalogue 

6 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I think it has to do with Kylie’s new album. 
Even though I don’t listen to her a lot and I stream Madonna quite a bit this Friday my Spotify was all about Kylie and the only way to see this release was by manually searching. 
Not every release has to be a a huge success. It’s more about consistency and accessibility of her catalogue 

You said it. Not being out as a 2023 release and then not appearing as her latest release and being pushed on Release Radar playlist... plus missing the Spotify and Apple Music "new from Madonna" alert... it's just lost from day one with no chance for success. Some fans won't even know it's out.

I don't expect a 25 year old remixes package to be a big hit, but this release is doing even worse than "DW/SFL" (same strategy, released with the original year date). It's just sad they're missing on those key (and free!) promotion strategies when it's really easy to be smart and use them.

Surely she receives the stats from time to time (or her team do). If she sees her old digital singles are doing less and less, maybe she'll decide to stop and we won't get the rest.

She deserves better. And we do as well.

I feel like she fired the pr firm that she hired or Warner fired their team. (Look at the Warner team in the recent group photo at Cher’s house.) 

or both are gone

or they just want to save publicity fort the tour

regardless, I think this means we are getting a dance 🕺🏼 mix of this song on the tour 

I do agree it's interesting that they aren't promoting these single re issues with the gusto they once did - that is, featuring them on her iTunes (instead we still have Sorry) - and sending selected tracks to release radar - if it wasn't for her story a general fan wouldn't be aware that TPOG has been released to streaming - 

2 hours ago, Jackie said:

I do agree it's interesting that they aren't promoting these single re issues with the gusto they once did - that is, featuring them on her iTunes (instead we still have Sorry) - and sending selected tracks to release radar - if it wasn't for her story a general fan wouldn't be aware that TPOG has been released to streaming - 

well they also get a lot of silly complaints on social media, where fans scream at them for not using the correct dates and having them scattered throughout different categories.

19 hours ago, Prayer said:

Kind of proves that the song and video is not as “iconic” as @MPowered previously claimed 

22 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

CD

November 32 2003

Deepsky vocal final was in there

Hollywood never appeared on any Nothing Fails single! Where did you get this information from?

There are also just TWO versions of that mix. The dub that is labeled as vocal mix and the edit.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW