Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

6 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

Maybe next year? :OML: It's a multi year campaing after all.

At this stage it feels like a multi decade campaign with still no expanded release to give us any indication of what future releases will look like - Prince estate doing it slowly but best as far as I’m concerned - cd and vinyl box sets 😃😋

7 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

Totally this.  Olivia Rodrigo's GUTS has four different coloured vinyl each with a different bonus track exclusive to that version.  None are on streaming.  I have a feeling this will be the norm as it generates much more revenue for the artist and record company and incentivizes (extorts) fans into buying multiple copies of the same album.  Ugh.

Imagine if M did that with the re-releases and put one unreleased demo on each.  People here would riot.

Exactly.  It seems like a  very profitable thing to do these days.  That's why we are seeing more and more physical formats coming back around. And if they make things more exclusive to certain formats, the better the chance they will sell these physical items.

Just because one doesn't know anyone under 35 themselves who own vinyl, doesn't mean it's true.  I know plenty of people of all ages who own Vinyl.  I'm not saying it's going to stick around or won't peak, but I also believe that people are wanting more options when experiencing music.  I love the fact that I have the choice to conveniently stream as well as play my music on Vinyl and CDs.  I have nearly a thousand CDs that I've accumulated over the years as that's all I bough between 1990 to 2020.  It became less and less and the digital age came around.  But now, I'm backing buying my favorite artist's vinyl currently. 

I do think that some just don't like a format so they just assume it's not going to last.  For the last few years, I've been hearing Vinyl is just a fad and it's peaked, when I still see Vinyl sales are increasing more and more.  Also, artists are releasing more and more edition of Vinyls.  They wouldn't be doing so, if there wasn't a demand.

Subscription prices will start to eek up slowly over the next five years...and they should. 

The free tier will continue at 128kbps and as soon as hi res for Spotify comes in I'll be on that. They're falling behind apple with spatial audio and hi resolution. Most friendship groups or families work on the family plan which works out at about £3.50 each person a month for all the music in the world at 320kbps which is insane value. With modern day banking that's such an easy direct debit to the account holder.

The price of an old CD single here was £3.99 and I used to buy about five a week easily. Plus the 12" and picture disc and 7" and import for my five fave artists. 

I can see further integration for fan services. Madonnas basic standard albums on the platform for the traditional subscription fee. Pay £x a month extra for access to ALL her content. New release standard editions and singles available on all subscriptions with time limited all access deluxe versions ( 6-12 months to keep charts alive) before moving to Artists Club subscription which will feature exclusive content, Deluxe albums Maxi Singles, remixes, all edits, Live Tours. All new releases outside of standard albums will move to Artist Club subscription, after six months. 

Spotify still isn't making money and artists aren't being paid properly. Slowly more and more people are moving to streaming even older generations which have seen the biggest growth, as soon as they numbers reach a critical mass the shift will happen. It's a waiting game for the industry. It'll be interesting to see which platform caves first cause they will ALL follow suit. Essentially artists will  integrate their fan pages and socials to their Spotify profile in the future. How often do any of us use Madonna.com? 

I can see ticket vendors becoming part of the platform too. 

This will ultimately be gamed. "Play Madonnas new album in full to unlock access to tickets to her new tour"

I don't know why Spotify isn't employing me TBH. lolz

3 hours ago, DickTracy said:

I want Let Down Your Guard for my playlist, Emily.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ob5orewc26mzx3lftt

They kinda missed all opportunities because all Bedtime Stories singles are already on streaming. I don't know how would they put LDYG on streaming in a  different way than Bedtime Stories remastered reissue that is definitely coming soon like any other reissue. 

On 9/28/2023 at 3:34 AM, Prayer said:

It will definitely be interesting to see. I guess no one could anticipate what would happen with music in the 00s in 1998, let's say (except for Bowie and Prince! There are interviews of them talking about how the Internet would change everything in mid-late 90s).

The streaming model is very convenient for the users but the numbers don't add up. Apple can afford losing tons of money on Apple Music cause it's all about having you in the whole Apple ecosystem after all. But Spotify has never been profitable yet and it's been 15 years already. Plus artists, songwriters and producers are getting pennies for their work. The whole streaming bubble will burst at some point and changes need to be made. Plus IA, etc. See the US writers and actors strike this year. At some point the music people will say "enough". Up until the pandemic the live shows were saving the day and they all saw streaming as exposure but now that era is over as well except for the big names.

I don't think songs are getting shorter, I mean, there's not really much further you can go now. Most of them are already 2 minutes and something. 2:30 is the standard now. You will always need some minimum to catch the listener's attention and tell some kind of story.

And I don't think streaming is going away and we'll be back to physicals and paid downloads mainly. But changes need to be made. The model is not working for anyone except for the users.

Well said and I agree. Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

27 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Well...it's still 29 September so a few weeks away!

Screenshot_2023-09-28-22-47-23-015_com.google.android.youtube.thumb.jpg.9993bcfaa5412f013e6a6406b53e0ea5.jpg

Nothing fails id copyrighted with the radio remix and a ":Long" tag at the end of the copyright tag of the rauhofer classic remix,which might mean we are getting the underground dub and this one 7:37 version and maybe other ones on digital finally

Die another day homever is already dead,as you can see all remixes are copyrighted by a generic tag,nothing fails is already tagged

Singer: Madonna

Title: Nothing Fails (Remixes)

Label: Warner Bros. Records

Type:Digital Single

Date of released:October 27 2023

Category: Electronic

Style: House, Garage House

MP3 RAR album: ?

FLAC RAR album: ?

Available format: MP3 FLAC VOX AA MPC TTA VOC MP4 WAV

Genre: Electronic

21 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Streaming is going to be over soon. Physical is already coming to take over anyhow.

Me seeing all those bitter folks thinking that streaming is gonna be over:

Streaming will continue to thrive. I just think that promotion campaigns will drastically change and accommodate to that.

Versions exclusively released on physical editions will likely appear on digital releases at a later date. Other than that, we already have HiFi streaming for people who want to consume music at a higher bitrate. There are different options and deals.

Older artists will continue to migrate their back catalogue into the streaming libraries. There will be new editions of certain releases with alternate cover art for collectors. Most people that buy vinyls don’t buy them for actual consumption or listening. Many of them buy them purely for aesthetical reasons or for collecting purposes.

Are we gonna get physical re-issues of Madonna's back catalogue? Most definitely. If not now, it will be once she's dead or retired. If these releases are of higher quality and well curated, they will take some time. I'd rather wait for an excellent boxset than pay for something pointless and half-assed.

53 minutes ago, Daphne Du Maurier said:

Fuck streaming! Physical media forever!!!

They can co-exist. It doesn’t have to be one or the other but for the average person, streaming is an easier and more effective way of consuming music.

It’s also the easiest way to actually measure the popularity of songs (even if they aren’t singles).

5 hours ago, Daphne Du Maurier said:

Fuck streaming! Physical media forever!!!

Streaming is convenient, and I would never say "fuck it".  I would always love to have such an option, but at the same time, I also prefer to own a physical copy of my favorite artists' work.  I exclusively buy vinyl now.  I have nothing against anyone collecting, but I'm not interested in just putting them up for display or own them just to say I have them. I actually play them.  I have no interest in collecting them to sell them later. 

On 9/27/2023 at 7:58 PM, wtg1987 said:

Maybe causing a commotion finally but I think that anniversary passed - does she hate that song?

Her team definitely hates it.No remixes have been released on streaming lol after alll these years and demand theyre waiting for us to be in a casket so emilys grandchildren can upload

8 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Her team definitely hates it.No remixes have been released on streaming lol after alll these years and demand theyre waiting for us to be in a casket so emilys grandchildren can upload

Her team = herself. She left it out of "Finally Enough Love" despite being one of her 50 US Dance #1s so she probably doesn't like it that much now?

It was included on the "Who's That Girl" Super Club Mix RSD EP release though.

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Her team = herself. She left it out of "Finally Enough Love" despite being one of her 50 US Dance #1s so she probably doesn't like it that much now?

It was included on the "Who's That Girl" Super Club Mix RSD EP release though.

I don’t think she hates it. She gave it its own release and it was remastered brilliantly for that super club vinyl. This is the only reason she left it off in my opinion to allow for the horrible Britney Spears song to be on it instead to capitalize on Britney fans.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW