Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

There is no reason why that shouldn't be included if it was part of the original EP. But even if it wasn't, I think it will be included.

It was promo only but literally THE only promo only mix of the song and also the others have had their 7" mixes on their EP's so why break the line?

2 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

Cherish, Oh Father and Keep It Together are essential. Definitely iconic and each have gorgeous single versions.

Dear Jessie doesn't give us anything new and is very territory specific so I can't see it happening.

Keep it together has a "Single Mix" or hidden 7" remix that was promo that no one seems to be remember and it's the Superior album version with the Shep touch on it all over 

5 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

The original 1989 single artwork is the way to go. 

Someone should make sure her team gets the reconstruction of the 1989 cassette cover, I made! Maybe Aldo or someone else 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

Cherish, Oh Father and Keep It Together are essential. Definitely iconic and each have gorgeous single versions.

Dear Jessie doesn't give us anything new and is very territory specific so I can't see it happening.

Dear Jessie gives us the Single Fade of the song that doesn’t blend into Oh Father. 🙄🙄🙄

3 hours ago, MPowered said:

Someone should make sure her team gets the reconstruction of the 1989 cassette cover, I made! Maybe Aldo or someone else 😂😂😂

Dear Jessie gives us the Single Fade of the song that doesn’t blend into Oh Father. 🙄🙄🙄

It's a two second fade from the album version. It's not worth putting on streaming; UK only? haha.

6 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Keep it together has a "Single Mix" or hidden 7" remix that was promo that no one seems to be remember and it's the Superior album version with the Shep touch on it all over 

Yes! I hope we get that gorgeous mix. Honestly the whole Keep It Together single was flawless

1 minute ago, Frozen98 said:

What is the best Remaster ? 

The 2024 remaster or the Finaly enough love version ? Any differences ? 

2001 remaster?

Thanks 

May I dare to say the same someone else has told here? The 1984/5 original mastering. This is not any issue to end in contention. Only 2001 remaster can be actually called this way properly - but it doesn't beat off original mastering.

1 hour ago, Frozen98 said:

What is the best Remaster ? 

The 2024 remaster or the Finaly enough love version ? Any differences ? 

2001 remaster?

Thanks 

We discussed in the last few pages, have a read.

Basically it's all personal taste. I find the 2024 remaster very loud and distorting in places, but other people are enjoying it a lot, same for the new "Pretender" 2024 remaster.

Personally, I prefer the 2022 "Material Girl" remaster on "Finally Enough Love". It's loud enough but still you can clearly hear the backing vocals, the smack sound, etc. In the 2024 everything is pushed to the limit with no room to breath, in my opinion. The smack sound is even lost, almost, buried between all the rest.

I would go:

- 1984, original version - but very quiet for today's standards of course

- 2022 FEL remaster

- 2001 remaster

- 2009 Celebration remaster

- 2024 remaster

About missing slaps in Material Girl. Are they out of original samples, MIDI sequence or whatever they've used back in a day? This sounds like they ripped 2001 remaster and tinkered with it in a sound software and called it a day. I thought the process of remastering an audio works in way that they take raw files or whatever they had worked on, then update them with more realistic instruments, enhanced vocals and samples and after that, they put everything back to one piece... If they're going to burry samples like they did here then I don't wanna remasters at all. 

10 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

About missing slaps in Material Girl. Are they out of original samples, MIDI sequence or whatever they've used back in a day? This sounds like they ripped 2001 remaster and tinkered with it in a sound software and called it a day. I thought the process of remastering an audio works in way that they take raw files or whatever they had worked on, then update them with more realistic instruments, enhanced vocals and samples and after that, they put everything back to one piece... If they're going to burry samples like they did here then I don't wanna remasters at all. 

Technically, anything you do to improve an original master is called "remastering". That can be just boosting and playing with the original master file or coming back to the original multitracks, stems, whatever and work them again.

Both can be tricky: if you go back to the original multitracks and mix them again, maybe you choose to give more presence or power to some elements that didn't have it in the original master, meaning you're gonna change the experience for the fans and some will like it and others won't. It's happening now with the Dolby Atmos versions of classic albums on Apple Music, since it's a new listening experience, some fans love it and others hate it.

In the end, when you touch again something people used to love, it's always a risk and some people will find it weird cause they're used to the originals.

That said, I think this new 2024 remaster of MG has been definitely done with an AI, automatic plug-in, whatever. It gives the exact same feeling as "Gambler" digital, or "Papa" on "True Blue 35th": pushed to the limit and reaching distortion in some parts. That shouldn't happen with a proper remaster, coming back to the original multitracks or not.

But again, some people will like it and others will prefer the originals and that's all OK. As long as they keep the originals around, which they haven't done for the "True Blue" album, for instance.

4 minutes ago, MPowered said:

It’s literally a version that can be used in playlists and stuff where the ending isn’t cold and cut off? What’s not clicking?

People need to see things in perspective first. That's why it didn't click.

And Dear Jessie needs an extended mix only for its cuteness and for how M proved to make her little girl self "try as promised."

9 hours ago, MPowered said:

o6tCSlg.png

cAnuMCv.jpg

Stunning, we only got Dear Jessie in the UK and not that stunning Oh Father. Of course we would later get the 2 CD set for Oh Father which was nice but could have used this lovely artwork. Back in 1989 I didn't realise the cover for Dear Jessie was an old picture, I just thought it was her Cherish hair. ha ha. 

12 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I don't think it was hidden, it's a great mix. I have always preferred this version and have it in my singles playlist. Although all the mixes are great. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW