Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

6 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

The Something To Remember version fades out at 4:21 and the One on Spotify fades out at 4:19 :hyper:

Somewhere in this forum, I downloaded the Japanese gold disc edition of STR, and "I'll Remember" is 4:24 on it. 

37 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

The Something To Remember version fades out at 4:21 and the One on Spotify fades out at 4:19 :hyper:

No idea, maybe the one on "Something To Remember" digital is the one originally on the "With Honors" soundtrack album? I think both are the same master on digital.

Into The Groove has actually had a lot of stuff on its various formats 

• "Into the Groove" (Single Version) – 4:43
  • "Shoo-Bee-Doo" (LP Version) – 5:16
  • "Physical Attraction" (Single Edit) – 3:55
  • "Who's That Girl" (Extended Version) – 6:29
  • "Causing a Commotion" (Silver Screen Mix) – 6:39
  • "Into the Groove" (Extended Remix) – 8:31
  • "Into the Groove" (Remix Dub) – 6:22
  • "Everybody" (Extended Remix) – 7:06
  • "Everybody" (LP Version) – 4:52
  • Into The Hollywood Groove

I so hope it gets its only release and isn't lumped in with Angel as this artwork is just too Iconic. 

Madonna_-_Into_the_Groove.png

18 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I so hope it gets its only release and isn't lumped in with Angel as this artwork is just too Iconic. 

Madonna_-_Into_the_Groove.png

I don't think it's an impossibility, being this was physically released as a 12 inch. I just don't think they will tie any other songs to it though.  I'll be curious if and when they do release this digitally how they handle it? :)

• Angel (radio edit)
  • Dress You Up (remix edit)
  • Live To Tell (7" edit)
  • Papa Don't Preach (radio edit)
  • Open Your Heart (7" remix)
  • True Blue (radio edit)
  • Causing A Commotion (silver screen single edit)

and my OCD around her 80's single edits can calm down (though Like A Prayer (7" version with fade) will forever bother me by not being included on the digital EP.)

also interesting that "Lucky Star" (7" Edit) - 3:44 was shorter than the 7" edit digital released which was 3:53

and where did that Holiday 3:50 edit on the digital version of the debut actually come form. I can't see it listed anywhere online? Was it just a radio edit?

3 hours ago, MattyMads said:

Into the groove may end up being

1. Original version

2. Immaculate collection version

3. Shep Pettibone Extended (YCD)

4. Shoo-be-doo

They don’t seem to lump later mixes in with the ones from the original single (thankfully).

If Into The Groove gets its own single re-issue (it likely won't) then the single tracklist would be:

1. Into The Groove

2. Everybody (LP Edit)

3. Shoo-Bee-Doo

1 hour ago, steady75 said:
  • Angel (radio edit)
  • Dress You Up (remix edit)
  • Live To Tell (7" edit)
  • Papa Don't Preach (radio edit)
  • Open Your Heart (7" remix)
  • True Blue (radio edit)
  • Causing A Commotion (silver screen single edit)

and my OCD around her 80's single edits can calm down (though Like A Prayer (7" version with fade) will forever bother me by not being included on the digital EP.)

also interesting that "Lucky Star" (7" Edit) - 3:44 was shorter than the 7" edit digital released which was 3:53

and where did that Holiday 3:50 edit on the digital version of the debut actually come form. I can't see it listed anywhere online? Was it just a radio edit?

My guess they will include what was originally on the 12 inch. I can't imagine they adding all those different songs for the digital/streaming single release for Into The Groove.  Most likely....

1. Into The Groove
  2. Everybody
  3. Shoo-Bee - Doo          

Then again, I can see them just adding this version to the streaming/digital platforms...

LTQxNzcuanBlZw.jpeg

LTg3MzQuanBlZw.jpeg

1. Angel (Extended Dance Mix)
  2. Into The Groove

39 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

We've only just got Ill Remember on streaming and you're all talking about other songs! Can't we just celebrate I'll Remember for a bit longer.

Where’s the fun in that ? It’s our jobs to be impatient and then moan that we don’t get what we all want - I just find it odd how people obsess over stuff we’ve heard millions of times and now and people  just want it on there phones ??

3 hours ago, McDonna said:

My guess they will include what was originally on the 12 inch. I can't imagine they adding all those different songs for the digital/streaming single release for Into The Groove.  Most likely....

1. Into The Groove
  2. Everybody
  3. Shoo-Bee - Doo          

Then again, I can see them just adding this version to the streaming/digital platforms...

LTQxNzcuanBlZw.jpeg

LTg3MzQuanBlZw.jpeg

1. Angel (Extended Dance Mix)
  2. Into The Groove

They combined the 7" and 12" versions for all the 80s singles, except Everybody.

So, Angel / Into The Groove could have this tracklist:

1. Angel - Edit/Fade (US & EU 7")
2. Angel - Dance Mix Edit (US & EU 7")
3. Angel - Extended Dance Mix (US & EU 12")
4. Into The Groove (US 12")
5. Burning Up - Remix (EU 12")

9 minutes ago, MPowered said:

They combined the 7" and 12" versions for all the 80s singles, except Everybody.

Hoping none of these are remastered! 

If not,it will feel like we never had the EP truly

1 hour ago, JustinTimes said:

We've only just got Ill Remember on streaming and you're all talking about other songs! Can't we just celebrate I'll Remember for a bit longer.

I, myself am just happy the song and remixes are up on streaming and digital.  I love that added to my physical versions, I have the option to stream/play from whatever device and at any time I want. :party:

19 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Streaming I'll Remember and waiting for Live To Tell paciently and Angel can take it's time though!

My idol, Why's It So Hard live at Girlie is SUPERB!!!

Miles away from the several Why's It So Hard's from Fukuoka that appear on these countless European bootlegs...

...like this one.

You can't compare this to

Right???

EDIT: now I realize she missed the lyrics in Sydney but not in Fukuoka!!! ("Respected" for "accepted" and viceversa).

Well, well...

18 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Since most of all tracks in this list are new hoping they won't be

My idol, gimme ur honest feedback:

Why's It So Hard in Sydney with lyrics switched × Why's It So Hard in Fukuoka with correct lyrics?

Sorry, more than twenty years in this universe and there are still things that make me THIS emotional.

@MPowered did you know that already??? Why I feel stupid for only noticing this NOW???

I know a certain member of this forum already knew that by heart, damn'it!!! Won't name them because they've put me in their ignore list!!! You already know who I'm talking about!!!

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

That would be ideal! I'm not sure if we will get the alternate mix of Burning Up but would be cool.

9 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Since most of all tracks in this list are new hoping they won't be

None of them are new… All mixes from The First Album, Like A Virgin and True Blue will be remastered cause they are significantly quieter than the rest of her discography in their original mix.

It sucks but it‘s just something we will need to accept unfortunately.

The reason why lenght is different is because of the way cds were mastered, since the files on Something to remember were from different sources to homogenize the album they had to use a higher bitrate which can cause some tracks to get slower. This is due to lens of the players being programmed to read at a unique speed. It's very obvious on You Can Dance, the tracks are slower than their original speed. So I'll Remember is the same cut but the uploaded file is not from cd source, probably master.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW