Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Question?  I have two different 12 Inch Vinyls of La Isla Bonita.  One is the Super Mix Maxi Single which the instrumental is listed with a time 5:21 but then on the other (a two track) 12 inch which only includes Extended Version and the Instrumental, it's running time is listed 5:14 on the record.  Again, they sound exactly the same. They both start exactly the same and  5:14 doesn't fade out, it ends exactly how 5:21 ends. Is this just a misprint on the physical copies regarding time or is there a slight difference in speed on these that I am not hearing? 

34 minutes ago, tscott said:

Question?  I have two different 12 Inch Vinyls of La Isla Bonita.  One is the Super Mix Maxi Single which the instrumental is listed with a time 5:21 but then on the other (a two track) 12 inch which only includes Extended Version and the Instrumental, it's running time is listed 5:14 on the record.  Again, they sound exactly the same. They both start exactly the same and  5:14 doesn't fade out, it ends exactly how 5:21 ends. Is this just a misprint on the physical copies regarding time or is there a slight difference in speed on these that I am not hearing? 

It would just be an error at the time - Japan vs rest of the world

1 hour ago, tscott said:

32 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

It would just be an error at the time - Japan vs rest of the world

Apparently that is the case, I just timed both tracks myself.  The US version runs about 5:14 (5:13:28 to be exact).  The Japanese version has a slight edge of a half of second more being it has a quiet delay/echoing of "ahhh-haaas" before the actual "Ahhh-haaaas" are supposed to start. So the Super Mix Japanese version has the incorrect time, unless they are counting the time between tracks.  There is about a 7 second gap between Crazy For You and the LIB instrumental on the Super Mix which would then make the time about 5:21.

On 2/14/2023 at 12:39 PM, RUADJAI said:

Random... They've added basic "music videos" on her Apple Music page for Into the Groove, Gambler, and then that new Holiday moving artwork video.... 🥴

Kinda weird. Like why would you listen to it in video form when you can listen to it right there as a regular song. IDK. 

IMG_1467.thumb.jpeg.09f0b62386a57bfcfee2eff1f0a0fe05.jpeg

Just bought the into the groove one on iTunes as long as the original cover art masterpiece is there I will buy it.It’s overall cool

UPDATED!

ANNIVERSARY CHRONOLOGY

From the first era to the Madame X era

Bold and green = Single Re-Issue / Remix EP out
Bold and red = Single Re-Issue / Remix EP out but faulty
Bold and orange = Most/All remixes released on album re-issue
Bold and purple = Digital EP / Single previously available
Blue = Anniversary Edition Released
Underlined = HD music video out

JANUARY 

Material Girl - January 23, 1985
Keep It Together - January 30, 1990

FEBRUARY

Bad Girl - February 2, 1993
Give Me All Your Luvin' - February 3, 2012
Don't Cry for Me Argentina - February 4, 1997
Sorry - February 7, 2006
Bedtime Story - February 13, 1995
Borderline - February 15, 1984 (Versions were lifted from Celebration and other previously available digital releases, 7" Edit and Dub are both missing)
Rescue Me - February 23, 1991
Frozen - February 23, 1998
La Isla Bonita - February 25, 1987*

*7" Remix not included

MARCH

Crazy for You - March 2, 1985
Nothing Really Matters - March 2, 1999
Girl Gone Wild - March 2, 2012
Ray Of Light (Album) - March 2, 1998
Like a Prayer - March 3, 1989
American Pie - March 3, 2000
Fever - March 6, 1993**
Rebel Heart (Album) - March 6, 2015
One More Chance - March 7, 1996
Burning Up / Physical Attraction - March 9, 1983
Ghosttown - March 13, 2015
I'll Remember - March 15, 1994
4 Minutes - March 17, 2008
Another Suitcase in Another Hall - March 18, 1997
Love Don't Live Here Anymore - March 19, 1996
Like A Prayer (Album) - March 21, 1989
MDNA (Album) - March 23, 2012
Live to Tell - March 26, 1986*
Vogue - March 27, 1990

* 7" Version not included
** Fever Remixes released on Bad Girl EP

APRIL

American Life - April 8, 2003
Angel - April 10, 1985
What It Feels Like for a Girl - April 16, 2001
Medellín - April 17, 2019
American Life (Album) - April 21, 2003
(Spotlight - April 25, 1988)
Hard Candy (Album) - April 29, 2008

MAY

Ray of Light - May 6, 1998
Express Yourself - May 9, 1989
Crave - May 10, 2019
Beautiful Stranger - May 19, 1999
I'm Breathless (Album) - May 22, 1990
I Don't Search, I Find - May 22, 2020

JUNE

Human Nature - June 6, 1995
Get Together - June 6, 2006
Papa Don't Preach - June 11, 1986* 
Hanky Panky - June 12, 1990
Madame X - June 14, 2019
Bitch I'm Madonna - June 15, 2015
This Used to Be My Playground - June 16, 1992
Who's That Girl - June 23, 1987
Give It 2 Me - June 24, 2008
Turn Up the Radio - June 29, 2012
True Blue (Album) - June 30, 1986

*7" Edit/Fade not included

JULY

Hollywood - July 7, 2003
Into the Groove - July 15, 1985
Who's That Girl (Album) - July 21, 1987
Madonna (Album) - July 27, 1983
Dress You Up - July 31, 1985 / December 12, 1985
Celebration - July 31, 2009

AUGUST

Cherish - August 1, 1989*
Rain - August 5, 1993
Lucky Star - August 8, 1984*
Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (Album)  - June 19, 2022
Music - August 21, 2000
Drowned World / Substitute for Love - August 24, 1998
Causing a Commotion - August 25, 1987

*7" Version not included

SEPTEMBER

Holiday - September 7, 1983*
True Blue - September 17, 1986*
Music (Album) - September 18, 2000
Celebration (Album) - September 18, 2009
The Power of Goodbye - September 22, 1998
Secret - September 27, 1994
Erotica - September 29, 1992

*7" Version [Edit/Fade] not included

OCTOBER

Gambler - October 3, 1985
I Rise - October 4, 2019
Everybody - October 6, 1982 
Hung Up - October 17, 2005
Miles Away - October 17, 2008
Erotica (Album) - October 20, 1992
Die Another Day - October 22, 2002
Oh Father - October 24, 1989
Bedtime Stories (Album) - October 25, 1994
Nothing Fails - October 27, 2003
You Must Love Me - October 27, 1996
You'll See - October 30, 1995
Jump - October 31, 2006
Like a Virgin - October 31, 1984

NOVEMBER

Something To Remember (Album) - November 3, 1995
Justify My Love - November 6, 1990
The Immaculate Collection (Album) - November 8, 1990
Like A Virgin (Album) - November 12, 1984
Evita (Album) - November 12, 1996
GHV2 (Album) - November 12, 2001
Don't Tell Me - November 14, 2000
Bye Bye Baby - November 15, 1993
Confessions On A Dance Floor (Album) - November 15, 2005
Deeper and Deeper - November 17, 1993
You Can Dance (Album) / You Can Dance (Single Edits of Album Mixes) - November 17, 1987
Open Your Heart - November 19, 1986*
The Look of Love - November 25, 1987

*7" Remix not included

DECEMBER

Dear Jessie - December 4, 1989
Take a Bow - December 6, 1994
Love Profusion - December 8, 2003
Revolver - December 14, 2009
Living for Love - December 20, 2014

7 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Just bought the into the groove one on iTunes as long as the original cover art masterpiece is there I will buy it.It’s overall cool

I always found the artwork of it so annoying because Rosanna Arquette is on it. They did a whole ass photoshoot and decided to use the movie poster image…

13 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I always found the artwork of it so annoying because Rosanna Arquette is on it. They did a whole ass photoshoot and decided to use the movie poster image…

The song was being used to promote the movie so it makes perfect sense.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

The song was being used to promote the movie so it makes perfect sense.

It does make sense from a marketing perspective but it still annoys me from an aesthetic point of view. 🙈 None of her single covers feature a different person on the cover (unless they are a featured artist).

Borderline is absolutely cursed. The tags were already low-key a mess in the 80s and it seems the digital release continues that trend. It's beyond shameful they didn't release the proper single versions this time around, especially since all of them are technically available from digital source.

This release is a huge fuck up and it should be taken down immediately.

My apologies if this was already mentioned, but can someone specifically tell me which three versions of Borderline, they actually uploaded for the new digital/streaming?  I think I have them figured out but the one labeled "remix" or Spotify but not on Itunes @ 5:20?  What version is that one?

The one simply labeled "Borderline" (7 inch Remix) @ 3:58 is actually the remastered Celebration version, right?

The one labeled "U.S. Remix" @ 6:56  is the one we know as the original extended mix that was released back in the day, right?

@Prayer

15 minutes ago, tscott said:

My apologies if this was already mentioned, but can someone specifically tell me which three versions of Borderline, they actually uploaded for the new digital/streaming?  I think have them figured out but the one labeled "remix" or Spotify but not on Itunes @ 5:20?  What version is that one?

The one simply labeled "Borderline" (7 inch Remix) @ 3:58 is actually the remastered Celebration version, right?

The one labeled "U.S. Remix" @ 6:56  is the one we know as the original extended mix that was released back in the day, right?

@Prayer

1: The original album version we don't talk about

2: The Celebration/alternate Q-Sound mix

3: The Jellybean extended remix

14 minutes ago, Roy said:

1: The original album version we don't talk about

2: The Celebration/alternate Q-Sound mix

3: The Jellybean extended remix

1. But is this the "Original' album version? The timing is throwing me off as my original album lists as 5:18?  But I also know that it varies from format to format or what region its released in.  And why don't we talk about it? I've never had an issue with the album version.  My only issues is when they replace some of the digital/streaming version with different versions. For instance, the digital/streaming platforms of IC, have different versions of some of the songs (such as Borderline) to what was on the physical format.  Lucky Star is another song that the original IC version isn't on the digital/streaming versions.

11 minutes ago, tscott said:

1. But is this the "Original' album version? The timing is throwing me off as my original album lists as 5:18?  But I also know that it varies from format to format or what region its released in.  And why don't we talk about it? I've never had an issue with the album version.  My only issues is when they replace some of the digital/streaming version with different versions. For instance, the digital/streaming platforms of IC, have different versions of some of the songs (such as Borderline) to what was on the physical format.  Lucky Star is another song that the original IC version isn't on the digital/streaming versions.

Both Lucky Star and Borderline in the Immaculate Collection (digital versions) are not the versions we have on CD/LP/tape. I believe that the US remix of Lucky Star and the original album version of Borderline are exclusive digital releases for the compilation... which, I don't know why they couldn't make them a bonus track and not ruin the entire fucking album itself.

13 minutes ago, Roy said:

Both Lucky Star and Borderline in the Immaculate Collection (digital versions) are not the versions we have on CD/LP/tape. I believe that the US remix of Lucky Star and the original album version of Borderline are exclusive digital releases for the compilation... which, I don't know why they couldn't make them a bonus track and not ruin the entire fucking album itself.

I agree.  But maybe they can finally change it back, with all these upgrades on the digital and streaming platforms.  Also, I thought I read somewhere that Madonna didn't like the original Lucky Star mix on IC, so that's why they replaced it?  But maybe I'm remembering wrong?

Just now, tscott said:

I agree.  But maybe they can finally change it back, with all these upgrades on the digital and streaming platforms.  Also, I thought I read somewhere that Madonna didn't like the original Lucky Star mix on IC, so that's why they replaced it?  But maybe I'm remembering wrong?

Really? Where did you get that info? :wide-eyes:

11 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Who cares

I do.  But most of all, I'm just trying to keep all the versions straight.  Also, I do care that they replace original version on the IC for the remixes.  Those original Q Sound versions were unique to IC!

9 minutes ago, Roy said:

Really? Where did you get that info? :wide-eyes:

It's possible I bought in to Fan fiction or I'm just mixing up the fact that when she was working on the original album, Madonna and Reggie Lucas had issues with what he mixed and Jellybean came in to finish job. :)

59 minutes ago, tscott said:

I do.  But most of all, I'm just trying to keep all the versions straight.  Also, I do care that they replace original version on the IC for the remixes.  Those original Q Sound versions were unique to IC!

It's possible I bought in to Fan fiction or I'm just mixing up the fact that when she was working on the original album, Madonna and Reggie Lucas had issues with what he mixed and Jellybean came in to finish job. :)

I have all the singles etc uploaded on my YouTube music account. I simply don’t trust her/her team/rhino/whoever to do these things properly so I don’t worry about it. As long casual fans can access her music I’m not sure it matters if the versions are 100% correct. I do understand the frustration. My motto in life is “do not worry about things you cannot control.”

1 hour ago, tscott said:

I do remember that Madonna doesn't like the mixing of the original album version so she had Jellybean remix the song.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW