Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Just now, Jackie said:

Scrolling through the comments - I think they are for Youtube Music so people can listen to the song without the music video bits.

It's interesting though - I'd have thought she'd want to control what is posted to her YB!

I'm pretty sure they have unlinked them from her profile before. Similar to the Otto album from 1989 being linked to her profile on Spotify

1 minute ago, tscott said:

@GregVsMattThis is what I was referring to.  The Blond Ambition Tour Radio broadcast and the FM Broadcasts are added on her channel under her playlists.  I understand it's not a Madonna/Warner/Rhino release.  I'm just pointing out that they added it to her Youtube channel, acknowledging one of her best live radio broadcast. 

That one has been there since 2020

18,178 views Mar 6, 2020

Provided to YouTube by IIP-DDS Intro - Express Yourself (Live) · Madonna The Party's Right Here 1990 ℗ The Media Champ Released on: 2019-09-10 Music Publisher: Copyright Control Auto-generated by YouTube.

16 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

That one has been there since 2020

18,178 views Mar 6, 2020

Provided to YouTube by IIP-DDS Intro - Express Yourself (Live) · Madonna The Party's Right Here 1990 ℗ The Media Champ Released on: 2019-09-10 Music Publisher: Copyright Control Auto-generated by YouTube.

I understand it's been there since 2020.  Though I and I'm sure most fans probably didn't know it existed on her YT channel.  There's a whole playlist on her channel within the ALBUM and SINGLES called "Madonna The Party's Right Here".   Along with it are the FM broadcasts.   It's easy to think they are interested in sharing her live broadcasts since they added it to a playlist on her official channel.  Also, it's been updated four days ago.  Not sure what they added though?

14 minutes ago, tscott said:

I understand it's been there since 2020.  Don't know how to post the whole playlist, but on her channel within the ALBUM and SINGLES there is a playlist for "Madonna The Party's Right Here".   Along with it are the FM broadcasts.  I understand it's just added to a playlist, but to add it under the Album/Singles links on her official YT channel, it's easy to think they are interested in sharing her live broadcasts.  Also, it's been updated four days ago.  Not sure what they added though? I and I'm sure most fans probably didn't know it existed two years ago.  I just came across it yesterday.

Her team would definitely not be involved in it at all, especially given they don't own the rights to that recording or benefit from it in any way. If they saw it and were motivated, they would have it unlinked from her profile or may claim copyright on the songs used in those recordings - the fact that so many unauthorised uploads of M's music appear on YouTube tells us that it's not a priority for M / Rhino or Warner at the moment. 

1 minute ago, GregVsMatt said:

'They' = the company that owns the rights to the live recording I believe 

So you don't think there is any possibility that her team just didn't want to link to the live broadcast to show off some of her old live recordings?  It just seems to be so random as I don't really see much of anything else "unofficial" on her YT channel among the playlists.

6 minutes ago, tscott said:

So you don't think there is any possibility that her team just didn't want to link to the live broadcast to show off some of her old live recordings?  It just seems to be so random as I don't really see much of anything else "unofficial" on her YT channel among the playlists.

Yeah I don't think that is possible at all and I suspect they are very busy with other things at the moment 

8 minutes ago, tscott said:

I may say no, because they already (that bootleg's company) released this one back in 2020 with a different cover and then was taken down soon after.

@tscott I just found this specific one: https://www.discogs.com/release/13631641-Madonna-The-Universal

and this one: https://www.discogs.com/release/14945989-Madonna-The-Universal-1985-Radio-Broadcast-Recording

All released by: https://www.discogs.com/label/1024637-Parachute-Recording-Company

Edited: Parent company (or whatever each time) that don't even exists. Leftfield Media

"Issues semi legal releases using a hole in the European copyright laws concerning recorded public broadcasts.
It should be noted that many of the released recordings are infact audience or soundboard recordings - and no broadcasts as mentioned on the releases."

Edited by Haralampos
info added (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Prayer said:

Gosh... no wonder why not even Warner knows which one is which! :Madonna009:

Still... It's no reason for all those mix-ups. It's sloppy and unprofessional, regardless of who the artist is. Why would they mislabel the Madonna album version (repeatedly calling it "Remix" or "U.S. Remix") and Celebration remix album version? Nothing too confusing there. That said, I'm glad the digital single is released.

13 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I'm bordeline losing my mind (mind...mind...mind) reading this (Cowbell) 

It causes me so much pain, i think i'm going insane (booming snare)

(Glockenspiel)

This message has been edited and remixed. Dub version not available.

https://www.out.com/michael-musto/2016/12/27/when-does-bitchy-queen-become-too-much

26 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

!!!

That was not directed at you but at the various incarnations of Borderline, thank you btw for taking time to break the differences. It was made in good humour not to be bitchy.

I hope it's not what the new Deluxe edition will be, a compilation of various old random transfers and celebration reconstructions. 😂

It's really odd they chose to release Everybody with new remastered transfers and Borderline with old random ones. What the quality department drinks? (If it exists)

1 hour ago, Haralampos said:

I hope it's not what the new Deluxe edition will be, a compilation of various old random transfers and celebration reconstructions. 😂

It's really odd they chose to release Everybody with new remastered transfers and Borderline with old random ones. What the quality department drinks? (If it exists)

Indeed, it is a bit concerning alright. You'd have thought they would have done an EP something more like this to keep everything in nice filing order and so there are no more errors made by confused interns at the label down the line. 

1. Borderline - Album version

2. Borderline - 7" edit

3. Borderline - 12" / Extended Mix / U.S. Mix

4. Borderline - 7" remix

5. Borderline - Dub

Sigh...

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW