Single Reissues Campaign - Who's That Girl - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

But 'Something to Remember' is a compilation made (and 'Bedtime Stories') to soften Madonna's bad image in the USA after the whole Erotica/Sex debacle. She needed good ballads, and 'Oh Father' is brilliant. I'm probably wrong, but I always saw 'Something to Remember' as Warner's idea.

I think the push to soften her image actually came from the producers of the film and the idea for this compilation grew from that. More her management than Warner. I’m sure Warner would have preferred a tour.

45 minutes ago, Prayer said:

WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHYYYYYYYY

Wait for the meltdowns when "Causing" single is released and the "Jimmy Jimmy" fade we didn't even know it existed until today is not included there.

Anyway, speaking seriously, looks like the type of Fade that occurs because there's no more space on the Maxi at 45 rpm without compromising the sound quality. It's so random...

14 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Anyway, speaking seriously, looks like the type of Fade that occurs because there's no more space on the Maxi at 45 rpm without compromising the sound quality. It's so random...

Didn't they did the same with the Houseboat mix of Rescue Me on the UK 12'' for the same reasons??? Time limitations to stay in the 12'' category or sumthin??...

11 minutes ago, LX54 said:

Didn't they did the same with the Houseboat mix of Rescue Me on the UK 12'' for the same reasons??? Time limitations to stay in the 12'' category or sumthin??...

You're probably right. It happened quite often. Anyway, they end up being material for filling Deluxe/Expanded editions.

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

Promise To Try would have made a good 80’s single to close the campaign out. It’s very melodic and moving. The kind of songs teenage girls and radio love. It’s also a very credible song. A double A - Side with Oh Father would have been a real powerful moment to close out the 80’s. 

Spanish Eyes is the definition of great album track for texture but In no way a single. Til Death Do Us Part would have been a major controversial single and could have had a great video. It’s quite a Belinda Carlisle sounding song as is Donna Delorys Just A Dream. A sound Madonna was obviously very fond of as she later called on Rick Nowells for Like A Prayer. I have a feeling some of the unreleased songs from this era lean a bit more into that Belinda sound.

I agree with Till Death Do Us Part but absolutely disagree with Promise To Try. That song is the very definition of an album track but not a single. Way too dreary and even more sad than Oh Father except less epic and textured. Madonna is not the voice + piano single kinda gal.

In the territories where Spanish Eyes was released, it was a rather great success. I read that it's still being played on Brazilian radio stations. Japan also would have eaten it up since they went absolutely nuts for La Isla Bonita.

3 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Now that we have 'Who's That Girl', the next question is: will we have 'Causing a Commotion (Movie House Edit)' and 'Jimmy Jimmy (Fade)' when 'Causing a Commotion' gets released?

That would be awesome but I highly doubt it. The 7" single used the album version. They created that edit for the UK 12" because there wasn't enough space on the record for a longer track. The long-ass CAC mixes took up too much space. :laughing:

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHYYYYYYYY

Wait for the meltdowns when "Causing" single is released and the "Jimmy Jimmy" fade we didn't even know it existed until today is not included there.

...I always knew it existed though but maybe that's just me. Anywho it was easy to reconstruct if you know how properly adjust a fade out to sound like a proper mastering fade. :kiss2:

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

You are correct! :kiss2:

1 hour ago, LX54 said:

Yup. Another edit we likely won't be getting. :ag:

1 minute ago, Adonna said:

Yes! So happy to see that this finally is being added to the digital/streaming platform.  :party:

413433736368.png

• 01. Who's That Girl 
  • 02. Who's That Girl (Extended Version)
  • 03. Who's That Girl (Dub Version)

So funny that they forgot to brighten the middle parts in a d o‘s on the cover 😂

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Who's That Girl - OUT NOW