MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

Just now, Honey Little said:

No one ever promised anything for the 40th anniversary of her first album. It’s all fan fiction. Rhino and Madonna released Lucky Star on streaming and it was remastered. Probably a couple other things like this coming along. And some music press covered the anniversary already. No one cares other than hardcore fans about this. I doubt they even thought about reissuing this album for the 40th anniversary. It will probably come at another time when it seems more relevant musically/culturally. 

Completely agree. Thank you. 🙏

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Roland Barthes said:

The Warner deal was announced on her birthday two years ago.

Yeah and it didn't led to absolutely anything :D

Moreover we are mentioning here "2 years" like it is "2 hours" of waiting. Jeez, they had 2 years to do a re-issue, (everyone read it slowly) to re-issue already existing album!

Add new remixes, some demos from vault and release it in some nice box (they have plenty amazing fanmade inspirations available online, not even such big effort) and on some colored vinyl maybe. And they were not even able to that for a single album in 2 years even if they knew M40 is coming in 2 years when making announcement and that was super huge opportunity to reissue her first album and celebrate her amazing career. 

After July 27th passed, each time I am hearing "Warner deal" I am just like :Madonna040: and back then, I was even super happy that she is back with them, pity me I guess 

20 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

I am not on that forum, but if he/she is really an insider as claims that he/she can put some light on M40 in general, not just absolutely vaguely state "it has never been planned" 

What about reissues? Are they even planned anytime soon or that Warner announcement 2 years ago was a big bluff? 

What about her time in studio with Max Martin? Only for some tour remixes? 

If he/she is an insider, there is so much too reveal than just stating what anyone can be stating on internet. Just saying... 

As with everyone and everything else, we can believe or not believe what people say on forums. But if you're not there and don't know what that person has said, enter or maybe ask and we'll tell you.

That person hasn't only said just that. They said the debut reissue wasn't planned for July anyway. But also has said previously that they're working on the reissues, putting together extensive tracklists and that they'll come when they're ready. Also said that don't know about possible formats. And that nothing was promised or announced for M40 - just fans hoping... (which it's totally true, myself included. We created that hype ourselves).

Again, it's up to us to believe it or not.

3 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

No one ever promised anything for the 40th anniversary of her first album. It’s all fan fiction. Rhino and Madonna released Lucky Star on streaming and it was remastered. Probably a couple other things like this coming along. And some music press covered the anniversary already. No one cares other than hardcore fans about this. I doubt they even thought about reissuing this album for the 40th anniversary. It will probably come at another time when it seems more relevant musically/culturally. 

The point is not if it was promised or not. They announced landmark reissue 2 years ago.. And then nothing happened, so fans just assumed (since they are the ones waiting for it the most), if nothing happened for 2 years, that is the only logical conclusion and opportunity they have to reissue first album. Cannot imagine any more relevant musically/culturally date for that, other than 50th Anniversary, but then there was no point of making an announcement in 2021.

Just now, maddy1111 said:

The point is not if it was promised or not. They announced landmark reissue 2 years ago.. And then nothing happened, so fans just assumed (since they are the ones waiting for it the most), if nothing happened for 2 years, that is the only logical conclusion and opportunity they have to reissue first album. Cannot imagine any more relevant musically/culturally date for that, other than 50th Anniversary, but then there was no point of making an announcement in 2021.

"Finally Enough Love" is part of the campaign and released just a year ago. Don't know why some fans always forget that one when it's clearly the start of the reissues.

Just now, Prayer said:

"Finally Enough Love" is part of the campaign and released just a year ago. Don't know why some fans always forget that one when it's clearly the start of the reissues.

So to you, it makes more sense to be not ready for the first reissue for her 40th anniversary in 2 years since the announcement and just do it in some random date, I don't know, in the middle of February? 

18 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

I am not on that forum, but if he/she is really an insider as claims that he/she can put some light on M40 in general, not just absolutely vaguely state "it has never been planned" 

What about reissues? Are they even planned anytime soon or that Warner announcement 2 years ago was a big bluff? 

What about her time in studio with Max Martin? Only for some tour remixes? 

If he/she is an insider, there is so much too reveal than just stating what anyone can be stating on internet. Just saying... 

Yeah, everyone claims to be an "insider".  LOL!  But who knows? 

Regarding the Max Martin collab, they were actually writing something new.  When asked about it, sometime back, he commented the new song is reminiscence of classic 80's Madonna.

Frr1k19WIAIYkSL?format=jpg&name=small

Just now, maddy1111 said:

So to you, it makes more sense to be not ready for the first reissue for her 40th anniversary in 2 years since the announcement and just do it in some random date, I don't know, in the middle of February? 

I think they missed a huge marketing opportunity with the proper 40th anniversary in July and I was disappointed too when that arrived and nothing happened, read the previous pages of this same topic if you're interested.

But it's not about what I, or any other fan thinks. There's a marketing plan behind and they'll know when they want to release them, how and with which content.

Maybe they think they'll sell more for Christmas, or while she's on tour or whatever. Or maybe they're still working on things.

The thing is we can give our opinion here, but... we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, tscott said:

Yeah, everyone claims to be an "insider".  LOL!  But who knows? 

Regarding the Max Martin collab, they were actually writing something new.  When asked about it, sometime back, he commented the new song is reminiscence of classic 80's Madonna.

Frr1k19WIAIYkSL?format=jpg&name=small

Yeah, re Max Martin I clearly remember that, but if he/she is an insider he/she can be a little bit more specific about anything. For example that Max Martin writing session if it was really something new or just teasing and they have been working "only" on tour mixes.

Because just simply claiming "nothing was planned for M40" is not even any insider info :) but yeah, that was my exact point, everyone is an insider these days :D but as @Prayer mentioned it is up to us if we believe such vague "insider" info or not

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think they missed a huge marketing opportunity with the proper 40th anniversary in July and I was disappointed too when that arrived and nothing happened, read the previous pages of this same topic if you're interested.

But it's not about what I, or any other fan thinks. There's a marketing plan behind and they'll know when they want to release them, how and with which content.

Maybe they think they'll sell more for Christmas, or while she's on tour or whatever. Or maybe they're still working on things.

The thing is we can give our opinion here, but... we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

I am not saying we know what's happening behind the scene, but I really would like to understand any marketing strategy announcing landmark reissue in 2021, not do a single reissue in 2 years, ignoring her 40th anniversary completely, piss the fans who are waiting for that reissue the most and then rather release it randomly. Because, let's be honest here, any date after July 27th would be of much less importance and totally random musically and culturally. 

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I think sometimes we can get too caught up on the official words when they're... well, just that, words. Same happened with the 2021 press release.

"At this time we will need to pause all commitments, which includes the tour" could mean there were actually other things planned or it can be just a sanitized way of saying the tour is postponed without being so harsh.

I wouldn't read too much into that, to be honest, but who knows. If there was actually something planned for July, we'll never know, unless they tell us. But she would have been on tour anyway, so...

Exactly.

And members here are now acting like they didn’t insist that a 40th Anniversary edition of Madonna was coming in July and are backpedaling to try and look like they never expected it.

So transparent. :laughing:

5 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Your point is very good!Luv you

Absolutely 💯give it to me when it’s ready and when she wants to and when it’s a surprise. Anniversaries are really conventional times to release something. Madonna is not conventional. She will release her records when she feels it is musically and culturally relevant. I pretty much doubt that the next deluxe album reissue will be the first album. For all we know it could be Bedtime Stories with the Tupac recordings.

25 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Not just that; the Immaculate dolby remaster may be part of it from their perspective. Look how randomly that happened? Completely arbitrary, zero significance to when it was released. *If* reissues are being worked on, they may also just appear whenever they’re ready.

Fwiw it seems like I’ve seen copies of the first album and Immaculate vinyl more often lately when I peruse the Madonna section of music shops in my city. I wonder if they did standard represses of each to coincide w/the attention each got. Could be coincidental.

Just now, Honey Little said:

Absolutely 💯give it to me when it’s ready and when she wants to and when it’s a surprise. Anniversaries are really conventional times to release something. Madonna is not conventional. She will release her records when she feels it is musically and culturally relevant. I pretty much doubt that the next deluxe album reissue will be the first album. For all we know it could be Bedtime Stories with the Tupac recordings.

💯💯💯💯💯🎸🎸🎸📣📣📣

9 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I mean I prefer a good reissue with much more time and effort instead of aint big deal and tracks remastered from those YouTube reuploaders mp3's

I still gonna be devil's advocate here.

Much more time? So 2 years is not enough for one reissue ? So let's say, they will do one reissue in 3 years,. Next one in another 3 years then because they need more time? So by the time we are 150 years old, we will get all of them :)

Anyway, even if we will get it in 5 years, there gonna be meltdowns from fans that this or that is not included. 

4 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

The rest of this year is really still the fortieth anniversary.