MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

Look at the pattern the last 2 years - vinyl one off releases and digital maxi singles - we aren’t getting any expanded releases with nothing unreleased - it’s funny you guys always used to shoot me down for complaining about the lack of content here and that I should be “ grateful” for these pointless vinyl , merchandise and hologram covers and that FEL set - how ironic that everyone is complaining now and I have just accepted it that M is just not interested in giving us any unreleased demos or live stuff - all she cares about is the tour now and getting better ( which I wish her a speedy recovery ) 😘

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Imagine [if only just for fun] if M and her team bewilder us all in the best way possible, by having comprehensive eye-popping box sets for all 14 studio albums available for sale at the merch stands when The Celebration Tour opens. Envision a shelf lined with all 14 sets, displayed in full opulent beauty at every concert for her legions of fans to purchase in droves. :luv:

:04:I cannot imagine that, not even for "fun"

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Look at the pattern the last 2 years - vinyl one off releases and digital maxi singles - we aren’t getting any expanded releases with nothing unreleased - it’s funny you guys always used to shoot me down for complaining about the lack of content here and that I should be “ grateful” for these pointless vinyl , merchandise and hologram covers and that FEL set - how ironic that everyone is complaining now and I have just accepted it that M is just not interested in giving us any unreleased demos or live stuff - all she cares about is the tour now and getting better ( which I wish her a speedy recovery ) 😘

You clearly haven’t “accept” it since you sound like a broken record..

I still wish the the deluxe are going to be vinyl only just to read your reaction 🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

You have to look on the bright side: you spend less money and it allows you to save money and travel, see other things... enjoy life.
Finally Madonna is more interested in us than we think :Madonna005:

:06:

6 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Well to be fair I defended it because it was too soon to complain in my opinion, but 2 years later it’s super frustrating having nothing at all. I guess we’ll have them when we’ll have them, probably for the 100th anniversary by 2084 

Frustrated Community GIF

54 minutes ago, Diieeego said:

Well to be fair I defended it because it was too soon to complain in my opinion, but 2 years later it’s super frustrating having nothing at all. I guess we’ll have them when we’ll have them, probably for the 100th anniversary by 2084 

Frustrated Community GIF

Nothing at all?  Finally Enough Love doesn't count?  A lot of vinyl releases and digital streaming singles added.  A ton of video remastering and a greatest hits tour that should have already started.  

4 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Nothing at all?  Finally Enough Love doesn't count?  A lot of vinyl releases and digital streaming singles added.  A ton of video remastering and a greatest hits tour that should have already started.  

That's the thing, some people are only focused on part of that Warner deal, rather the full picture.  This is why I defended it for so long, because obviously there was an emphasis on special curated projects as well.  We're getting that. Though for some, who wasn't interested or didn't like FEL, seem to dismiss that was a huge release from this deal.  It wasn't just a Vinyl release.  It was released on all formats.  So yeah, it's inaccurate to state "nothing has come from this deal" when this deal is behind all the updates on streaming, digital and video platforms as well.  We even got the digital and streaming release of MXT Experience through Warner.  So it's pretty safe to say, we've gotten a lot from this deal so far.

I have no doubt, we're going to see more of these special curated releases.  And the thing is, a lot of these things are specifically aimed at fans.  No one in the general public really will care to own the Americal Life Mix Show, the Erotica picture disc or Everybody single re-issue.  I'm not even sure if FEL is really something the general public cares to own.  These are all projects aimed at fans.  There may be a few vocal fans who don't care about these releases, but there are a hell of a lot others who do. 

But as we are embarking on 2 years here since the announcement of the Warner deal, I can understand why many are impatient and frustrated that no deluxe re-issue has happened.  I will maintain, no date of a re-issue ever was promised, but as we all have exhaustively expressed, there have been some key anniversaries that have come and gone and no album re-issue has happened. So I can see both sides here. :)

11 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I'll pray for you. 

14 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Back That Up To The Beat was an unreleased demo - released digitally 

MX Live 3Lp is the first ever live album under Warner and is coming next month.

Has she released an expanded album featuring previously unheard of demos that you don't already have in your personal collection from illegal leaks you've downloaded over the last 25 years? - no and I don't know that you'll ever be happy with any of the expanded editions when they are released. As we all know, there has never been any promise of demos - or live tracks for that matter. If you can't wait, make your own expanded editions using the files you have to get by etc 

15 hours ago, tscott said:

But not entirely impossible.  As much as I get further and further away from in defending this Warner deal, I guess there is a little part of me still trying to rationalize what's going on here.  It's all in fun and of course, I recognize it's simply wishful thinking!  :)

There is always hope. :smile: But we are in Mordor territory against all odds :lol:

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I've said this before but it's obvious the deal it's all about milking the fans and I don't mean it in a bad way. It's business after all. They need people to buy them to make profit and in order to achieve that they need to space them. Releasing all at once makes no sense commercially.

Let's take a look at the music physical releases so far (since the official announcement in August 2021 - just music releases, merch and holo sleeves not included):

- "Who's That Girl (Super Club Mix)" Vinyl EP, RSD 2022 - April 2022

Excuse: 35th anniversary of the movie and soundtrack

- "Finally Enough Love" Album - Announcement & preorders May 2022, street release August 2022

Excuse: Celebrating her 50 Dance Billboard Number Ones, compilation

- "Erotica" Picture Disc single - October 2022

Excuse: 30th anniversary of "Erotica"

- "Everybody" Vinyl, RSD Black Friday 2022 - November 2022

Excuse: 40th anniversary of "Everybody"

- Pause: Tour announcement and tickets in January 2023 -

- "American Life Mixshow Mix" Vinyl EP, RSD 2023 - April 2023

Excuse: 20th anniversary of "American Life"

- "Finally Enough Love" 6LP Box Set Rainbow Edition - Street release June 2023

Excuse: Previously a website exclusive and with a different edition. Making it available for everyone

- "Madame X Tour" Vinyl release - September 2023

Excuse: Never before on physical. She would have been on tour by the time it'll be out, not she'll be about to be. This is her previous tour before the new one

There's clearly a marketing planning here and not releasing stuff just for the sake of it.

Not to excuse them (still bitter about the lack of "M40" even if nothing was promised), just to put things into perspective.

I like to add that a lot of these releases are hardly predictable as well.  I guess we could say "Everybody" vinyl re-issue may be the closest to being a predicatable release, but everything else seems to be releases people really weren't expecting. 

I agree; "it's business" and they are projects/releases aimed at fans! 

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I've said this before but it's obvious the deal it's all about milking the fans and I don't mean it in a bad way. It's business after all. They need people to buy them to make profit and in order to achieve that they need to space them. Releasing all at once makes no sense commercially.

Let's take a look at the music physical releases so far (since the official announcement in August 2021 - just music releases, merch and holo sleeves not included):

- "Finally Enough Love" Album - Announcement & preorders May 2022, street release August 2022

Excuse: Previously a website exclusive and with a different edition. Making it available for everyone and even get some fans to buy it again

Excuse: Never before on physical. She would have been on tour by the time it'll be out, now she'll be about to start when it's released. This is her previous tour before the new one

There's clearly a marketing planning here and not releasing stuff just for the sake of it.

There's also the Interscope releases in between (the "Rebel Heart Tour" vinyl and the "MDNA" vinyl reissue), that they need to keep in mind too.

Not to excuse Warner/Rhino (still bitter about the lack of "M40" even if nothing was promised), just to put things into perspective.

Thanks for taking the time to list these. Beautiful releases.

Unfortunately some so-called fans will ignore your list and complain for no reason or for reasons based on fan-fictions.

5 hours ago, Prayer said:

Excuse: Previously a website exclusive and with a different edition. Making it available for everyone and even get some fans to buy it again

Excuse: Never before on physical. She would have been on tour by the time it'll be out, now she'll be about to start when it's released. This is her previous tour before the new one

There's also the Interscope releases in between (the "Rebel Heart Tour" vinyl and the "MDNA" vinyl reissue), that they need to keep in mind too.

Not to excuse Warner/Rhino (still bitter about the lack of "M40" even if nothing was promised), just to put things into perspective.

Its something but vinyl is a very niche market that's easy distribution atm. Not a clear sign of a plan or consideration of Madonna's diverse fan base. Not having a vinyl 40th release would likely indicate the opposite. The Madame X tour release is very very odd choice no one would have asked for, be interesting to know who and why with the vinyl, but on the bright side its better than a candle or a cushion.

2 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

Its something but vinyl is a very niche market that's easy distribution atm. Not a clear sign of a plan or consideration of Madonna's diverse fan base. Not having a vinyl 40th release would likely indicate the opposite. The Madame X tour release is very very odd choice no one would have asked for, be interesting to know who and why with the vinyl, but on the bright side its better than a candle or a cushion.

I would spend good coin for a Burning Up candle.

2 hours ago, cyberrage said:

Actually vinyl is the most demanded physical format at the moment. CD is really the niche market now.

I grew up with CDs an it's by far by fave physical format, but vinyl is king at the moment. Plus they can charge more for them cause people are used to pay 30$ minimum for a vinyl now.

As for the MXT release, the same can be said about any of the other choices, really. For instance, I didn't care to buy the "Everybody" 40th anniversary vinyl but got all the rest. It's all about personal taste in the end. Some fans will want to get them all, others will pick their faves only. But I'm sure the "Madame X Tour" release will do well.

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

Hello.  I like to introduce myself as "Hardly anyone".  I'm sure there are many others besides me and your opinion of this release. :)

Hello there. I am going to remain optimistic Madonna fans can process with perspective that even if everyone on this forum wants it, its still hardly anyone :angel:

Actually, I am going to be an absolute minority here, but I would be perfectly fine if she would just re-issued her albums in some nice LP boxset with colored vinyl matching the color of an album, and thats it.

I do not need any demos (we have them for years, anyway) or any more remixes (we have got FEL recently). And I certainly do not need any previously unreleased songs (I would rather prefer here a double album with unreleased material sometimes in the future, not mixing these songs with original albums).
I just want them to finally re-issue at least one album or give us at least some info via any official announcement. But with current progress, I would not be surprised if the only re-issue we got from Warner is "Remixed and Revisited (Blue and Yellow Vinyl)" and then the deal is over. :Madonna009:

But after July 27th I somehow accepted the fact that this Warner deal is only about releasing digital singles, some demons online (Back That Up), some new remixes of old hits (Frozen, Sorry) and from time to time some remix album (FEL, American Mixshow).
If any re-issues comes in the future, I will be positively surprised, but at this moment, I do not expect anything at all. Just a tour and continue with the current releasing strategy of digital singles. I am not even disappointed anymore ... (PS: but I am still going to make fun of Warner on this forum) :Madonna005: