MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Honestly, I've never seen a fandom more concerned with remixes than this one. I don't understand it. I'm not saying anything negative about you, I just don't get it. Remixes are like fake versions of songs to me. The artist had like nothing to do with that lol. I don't know a single other artist where fans care about remixes, it's kind of weird how much I hear about them in this community. Not hating here, it's just a perplexing mystery to me.

Fake?  FAKE???? Even Madonna usually sings her songs using remixes in the tours. She loves the remixes made for her songs. They are approved by her. And in my case, I'm fan of Madonna thanks to the remixes (Where's The Party, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Burning Up, Keep It Together, Fever, Bye Bye Baby, Deeper And Deeper, Human Nature, Dress You, Up, Over and Over, Into The Groove, Everybody, What It Feels Like for a Girl, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc).

If you think that remixes are fake, using the same logic, I sometimes think that album versions are like a version 1.0 and many remixes (especially those that are similar to the album versions) are the final enhanced versions.

8 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Honestly, I've never seen a fandom more concerned with remixes than this one. I don't understand it. I'm not saying anything negative about you, I just don't get it. Remixes are like fake versions of songs to me. The artist had like nothing to do with that lol. I don't know a single other artist where fans care about remixes, it's kind of weird how much I hear about them in this community. Not hating here, it's just a perplexing mystery to me.

Are you new in this fandom right? 😅

So welcome to this fandom then! 

The remixes are an important part of Madonna's history, did you know that she released "Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones" due to her record of 50 remixed songs that hit the #1 in the extinct Billboard Dance Club Songs chart? That was AWESOME!!! 🤯 Also she's one of the most remixed artists of all history! 

Now get used to remixes! 😉🤟🏻

9 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

Exactly.

How anyone can like the 7” Remix of Express Yourself over the amazing album version is beyond me! :party:

Lord...I absolutely despise the album version but then again...I am not a huge fan of the song either.

I think it's such a one-trick-pony song of hers. Every version she has done of it aside from GS sounds virtually the same. :seeno: To me, it's one of the songs that is DYING to be re-invented (by a professional, not Kevin Antunes).

3 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

There's people that prefer the album version of Express Yourself over the remix?? :Madonna034:

I do these days, actually. I guess the remix is too overplayed for me now. The album version has a more timeless sound to me, while the remix is a little bit dated by now.

The happy medium would be the "7'' Remix":

Keeping the best of both versions.

10 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I do these days, actually. I guess the remix is too overplayed for me now. The album version has a more timeless sound to me, while the remix is a little bit dated by now.

Exactly. My favorite version will always be the House Video Version and the Girlie Show Disco version, but the 7'' Remix is for me the "perfect" version.

30 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

I prefer the remix of what it feels like for a gargoyle over the original. But both are great.

The remix that barely has any lines from the original? :laughing:

I used to prefer the remix as well but nowadays I appreciate the album version way more.

11 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

These are a few artists where the hardcore fandom is just as interested in remixes as we are: Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Kylie, Britney, JLO, Mariah Carey, Lady Gaga, Depeche Mode etc. 

Remixes are a very important part of a pop artists body of work and even more so Madonnas who’s always put a lot of emphasis on them. From music videos to tours to GH albums, the remixes are everywhere, sometimes completely overshadowing the album versions. 

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

I remember when this was released as a single, I preferred it over the album version.  Just love that zipper start.

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

These are a few artists where the hardcore fandom is just as interested in remixes as we are: Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Kylie, Britney, JLO, Mariah Carey, Lady Gaga, Depeche Mode etc. 

Remixes are a very important part of a pop artists body of work and even more so Madonnas who’s always put a lot of emphasis on them. From music videos to tours to GH albums, the remixes are everywhere, sometimes completely overshadowing the album versions. 

Building on this, many of her singles released to radio stations were edits of remixes.  The video versions of Fever and What It Feels Like For A Girl used remixes that sounded nothing like the album versions.  There were also countless remix videos played on music video channels and in bars.  It makes sense why her fans would then embrace her remixes as an essential part of her body of work.  She's the remix queen.

9 hours ago, MPowered said:

Lord...I absolutely despise the album version but then again...I am not a huge fan of the song either.

I think it's such a one-trick-pony song of hers. Every version she has done of it aside from GS sounds virtually the same. :seeno: To me, it's one of the songs that is DYING to be re-invented (by a professional, not Kevin Antunes).

Oh God, I love the song!

I was being sarcastic about the album version being better than the remix lol

I love most of the remixes.

That vocal, tho! :luv:

12 hours ago, McDonna said:

I remember when this was released as a single, I preferred it over the album version.  Just love that zipper start.

It's a record scratch sound effect. It really adds something to the mix doesn't it? Love it as well. A slightly different record scratch effect is used on Now I'm Following You Part II.

Let's also not forget that You Can Dance was a remix album which was, at one point, the best selling remix album ever until Michael Jackson broke that record. Really wished it had included something new of La Isla Bonita though since the artwork played so much with the Spanish theme and there was nothing of that on the record.

And that Madonna was unhappy with the work on her debut album and got Jellybean to produce different mixes for the album than what Reggie Lucas had done. So remixing was important to her right from the start, although at first she didn't always like other people changing her songs, she came to embrace it, even bootleg mixes (Stardust for DWT and Dens54 for RHT).

7 hours ago, LoveSong said:

And that Madonna was unhappy with the work on her debut album and got Jellybean to produce different mixes for the album than what Reggie Lucas had done. So remixing was important to her right from the start, although at first she didn't always like other people changing her songs, she came to embrace it, even bootleg mixes (Stardust for DWT and Dens54 for RHT).

And she once said that whenever she makes a new song, she often likes the remix better and will perform the remix instead. She said that in an interivew about Confessions on a Dance Floor, I think, talking about how she approached the album like it was a remix album. I'm paraphrasing, of course.