MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

12 hours ago, Dance_Freak said:

On Sire Records official website everything went blank with a COMING SOON on the main page. 

Apparently they also cleared their Instagram page.

Do we think they’ve secured the rights to Mr Peabody’s Apples for the anniversary box set?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, McDonna said:

They still do.

Being it's a record company and not just a Madonna label, my guess they are just revamping the site. When googling the site, it says under "Coming Soon" link; "Celebrating 50 Years SIRE".   Though, it's been 57 years since they began. 

Interesting that back in 2010, there was a rumour M would come back to Sire after having dropped Warner.

It was rumoured through a now defuncted fansite from my country.

8 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

If I were from China, much probably I wouldn't say online what I think of Xi Jinping and the CCP as a whole.

Madonnaonline.com.br (now you got?)

Brazil 🇧🇷 

I’ve been to Florianopolis, Foz, São Paulo, and some little towns in the Deep South of Brazil. So much to explore still.

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

Brazil 🇧🇷 

I’ve been to Florianopolis, Foz, São Paulo, and some little towns in the Deep South of Brazil. So much to explore still.

Btw I believe CCP is the worst institutionalized, governamental corporation of the world. Since Mao. But Jiang Jieshi and Guomindang weren't a better alternative neither.

EDIT TO BE OT: MadonnaOnline used to have an international reputation back in time, some English-speaking fansites such as Mad-Eyes and Madonnalicious reported info from there...

3 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Interesting that back in 2010, there was a rumour M would come back to Sire after having dropped Warner.

It was rumoured through a now defuncted fansite from my country.

Sire is owned by Warners Groups and distributed by Warners Records.  So there is no possible way for her to "come back to Sire after being dropped by Warner". 

36 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Sire is owned by Warners Groups and distributed by Warners Records.  So there is no possible way for her to "come back to Sire after being dropped by Warner". 

Well I always thought Sire got dismembered from Warner by the time M singles were reissued physically as the notorious "yellow CD's."

23 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well I always thought Sire got dismembered from Warner by the time M singles were reissued physically as the notorious "yellow CD's."

Nope! Sire has always been under Warner and still is.  Though, I am not sure how Madonna has fit into Sire by the late 90's and 2000's and up until she left Warner? 

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Nope! Sire has always been under Warner and still is.  Though, I am not sure how Madonna has fit into Sire by the 2000's and up until she left Warner? 

Ok thanx for the clarification. Guess some M fansite (I won't name it for - very - obvious reasons) was wrong then!

EDIT: rereading my post, I need to make a fix: actually TWO M fansites were wrong. One I named before, the other I won't do.

2 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Ok thanx for the clarification. Guess some M fansite (I won't name it for - very - obvious reasons) was wrong then!

EDIT: rereading my post, I need to make a fix: actually TWO M fansites were wrong. One I named before, the other I won't do.

Most fansites are just guessing anymore.  That being said, Sire no longer was listed on her albums since Ray of Light, so I am unclear how and why she no longer was represented/supported by Sire anymore?  

12 hours ago, McDonna said:

Most fansites are just guessing anymore.  That being said, Sire no longer was listed on her albums since Ray of Light, so I am unclear how and why she no longer was represented/supported by Sire anymore?  

I don't undestand this whole label thing. Madonna estabilished Maverick before Erotica but Sire - a label she got her first deal is also listed on that album. Maverick is a branch label of Warner like Sire or it's something else? 

3 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

I don't undestand this whole label thing. Madonna estabilished Maverick before Erotica but Sire - a label she got her first deal is also listed on that album. Maverick is a branch label of Warner like Sire or it's something else? 

Essentially, it's all under the big Warner umbrella and that's basically it. The rest is just sub-labels.

She got her first record deal with Sire Records, a previously independent label that was bought by Warner in 1978. So by the time she was signed it was already Warner. That deal was renewed but eventually in 1992 Maverick Records was added. Maverick was her own company but it was also owned and under Warner.

From 1998 ("Ray Of Light" album) Sire is out of her albums, probably the old deal ended and she signed a new one directly with Warner through Maverick Records?

Nowadays Rhino is in charge of her releases cause that's Warner label for catalogue and their own old music.