MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Hmmm the box set was never announced or approved by M, it was all Caresse making statements on Icon etc-while the RIT DVD was never announced - promised maybe - but not announced and then cancelled etc 

Both things were announced on the official website. By Caresse, yes, but Caresse being the manager it's pretty much the same. 

8 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Both things were announced on the official website. By Caresse, yes, but Caresse being the manager it's pretty much the same. 

So how many albums/projects has she done vs how many she's cancelled? Do you think every artist releases every single thing they've planned? The sky is falling oh noooooo Canceldonna! Look how she cancelled Veronica Electronica! FLOP! ?

8 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Exactly, her official website posting about it is an announcement. There was also Electronica Veronica remix album and Immaculate Collection 2: The Second Coming. I was referring to these and the RIT and anniversary box set just as you pointed out. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Next year, multi year. She didn't release "Everybody" until October 6 1982 so no need to panic @musicinferno

Literally nobody in here is panicking. I simply said I'll be nervous if nothing is announced by January. It's not like I'm posting excessively all over this page like you are. 

Just now, musicinferno said:

Literally nobody in here is panicking. I simply said I'll be nervous if nothing is announced by January. It's not like I'm posting excessively all over this page like you are. 

Nervous = panicking. Just stay cool calm and collected...don't be "nervous". And don't worry, you don't have to excessively monitor my excessive posts. Although...maybe you like to read what i have to say? So...maybe yes continue to reply. Yes. Do that. It'll help you not be "Nervous"

53 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I don't they'll cancel anything, this is a big deal. Even if nothing is announced until spring, they definitely will go ahead with what they are planning to do. All we have to do is wait and then BUY EVERYTHING they release, so they keep them coming and don't stop midway. As discussed, the first one might be Erotica for all we know, so we might not get an announcement until the end of the summer. Who knows. 

43 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I don't they'll cancel anything, this is a big deal. Even if nothing is announced until spring, they definitely will go ahead with what they are planning to do. All we have to do is wait and then BUY EVERYTHING they release, so they keep them coming and don't stop midway. As discussed, the first one might be Erotica for all we know, so we might not get an announcement until the end of the summer. Who knows. 

What is this all based on? Erotica the first one?

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Exactly, her official website posting about it is an announcement. There was also Electronica Veronica remix album and Immaculate Collection 2: The Second Coming. I was referring to these and the RIT and anniversary box set just as you pointed out. 

It was Greatest Hits: The Second Coming which was one of the original titles for GHV2 rather than a cancelled release,

Veronica Electronica was never announced - it was M's nickname and some bootlegs came out called that. That's all 

Your post was suggesting that Madonna was an artist that has a history of announcing and cancelling releases which is not the case.

Anything announced under the reissues campaign will be released. 

53 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

It was Greatest Hits: The Second Coming which was one of the original titles for GHV2 rather than a cancelled release,

Veronica Electronica was never announced - it was M's nickname and some bootlegs came out called that. That's all 

Your post was suggesting that Madonna was an artist that has a history of announcing and cancelling releases which is not the case.

Anything announced under the reissues campaign will be released. 

Electronica Veronica was announced in Icon magazine by Liz that it was in the works. But then Madonna moved on to other things. 

15 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Electronica Veronica was announced in Icon magazine by Liz that it was in the works. But then Madonna moved on to other things. 

Ah yes it was mentioned in Icon 27 (not by Liz but the editors) - that's not an announcement though - eg no release date, artwork, track list etc 

ico27.PNG

14 minutes ago, Roy said:

The supposed boxset for Like a Prayer in its 30th anniversary

The Reinvention Tour

Neither of them had press releases or release dates the way the reissues have (press release in this specific case). There is a difference between something being canceled and something just not happening. The CBS special was canceled. The Amazing single release was canceled. Unless they flat out say the reissues are canceled, there is no reason to panic or be "nervous". Her career is not defined by canceled releases.

Just now, Brendanlovesu1 said:

The LAP boxset wasn't officially announced but IIRC it was up for pre order on a german music site a few years ago. I'm sure there's a thread here somewhere with more info

Exactly - likely added to the site based on fan rumours, nothing to do with Madonna, Warner, Rhino etc

"Like A Prayer" 30th was planned and ready to go in 2019. No, it wasn't up for pre-order on some random German site, there were different editions each one with its own catalogue number on Warner Music Czech Republic site parlophone.cz

That info was sent to the stores and some of them started taking pre-orders, but the whole thing was cancelled/postponed in the end. There wasn't an official announcement, that is true.

That's why it's very possible that "LAP" is the first of the new reissues, cause according to this, it's 100% ready to go and of course it's one of her biggest albums.

6 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

What is this all based on? Erotica the first one?

Just speculation. The point of my post is that we don't know anything and anything can be. No reason to get nervous if nothing is announced by January, nor spring. We don't know when the first one will come out or what it will be. 

19 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Do fans on here still obsess over fever edit one not being in streaming ? ? I remember a while ago lots talking about it like it was the best song she ever did ?

"Edit Two"... Fans wants "Edit Two". "Edit One" is available on CD and DVD... And yes, "Edit One" and "Edit Two" are simply amazing.

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

Just speculation. The point of my post is that we don't know anything and anything can be. No reason to get nervous if nothing is announced by January, nor spring. We don't know when the first one will come out or what it will be. 

Well so far the only reliable information we have is the official announcement that states EARLY 2022. That can be mean January or March lol.

But unless something went terribly wrong I seriously doubt the first release will be only in October.

I think we’re getting the first one in the spring (maybe followed up by an RSD special release) and Erotica in October (again followed up by an RSD special)