MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

X-Static Process is most likely to be true. Discussed multiple times back then and party confirmed as The Process – Written and recorded by Madonna and Stuart Price. Demo of the official X-Static Process, rumored to be electronic, with more beats, almost dance like early version. 

But I guess noone can't tell for sure until it leaks one day. 

Yes there is a song called The Process by M and Stuart. But nobody that actually heard it ever commented on it. 
Fans assume because of the title and because it’s Stuart that it’s a dance version on Xstatic. But for all we know it could be a ballad still or it could be a completely different song 

3 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yes there is a song called The Process by M and Stuart. But nobody that actually heard it ever commented on it. 
Fans assume because of the title and because it’s Stuart that it’s a dance version on Xstatic. But for all we know it could be a ballad still or it could be a completely different song 

Anyway, even if so.. If it's produced by Stuart, I definitely want it to leak asap. No matter if that's the early version of X-Static Process or not ;) (but I still kind of believe it is since I really don't think there were two "Process" song created in such a short time) 

29 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

It was confirmed by Barry Harris himself that Can’t You See My Mind is just the early title of Die Another Day, not different from the final version

This isn't 100% true. There are multiple early versions of the song, before and after Michel Colombier's involvement, that wasn't just change in the title, but lyrical and music changes too. 

From The Music of James Bond:

Work began on the song early in 2002, according to French Michel Colombier, who wrote and conducted the string arrangement, Colombier (a veteran composer whose credits included the pop symphony Wings and film scores for White Nights and Against All Odds) had recently worked with Madonna and her Paris-based producer Mirwais Ahmadzaï on their album Music, supplying the string arrangement for the song "Don't Tell Me.
Madonna and Mirwais (as he was known professionally) were working on her next studio album when the call came from "the Bond people, Colombier said. One of the songs they were working on "could maybe work for it," Mirwais told Colombier; they sent a demo to the studio that was "this techno thing," an electronica piece rewritten to accommodate the film and the title. According to Colombier, the studio responded: "We love the song, but can you bridge it to the tradition of Bond in some way?" That's when Madonna and Mirwais called Colombier to help.
MGM sent Colombier (who was in Los Angeles) a rough edit of the opening of the film. "I knew that I had to do something film-score-esque; he said. Mirwais sent Colombier a long version of the Madonna-Mirwais track, Colombier wrote "a bunch of things to it" and then flew to London to conduct an ensemble of 60 string players at AIR Studios. From there, Mirwais took the track back to Paris and then did "a complete production job," Colombier said. "What you hear is not what I wrote. The way that it came out is completely Mirwais. He is a master manipulator. Sixty real strings, played live, became audio files in his computer. They can be chopped like pieces of fabric. He's amazingly brilliant with that."
Colombier also designed an instrumental version of the theme for possible use over the end titles. Madonna attended the recording session in London, he noted. "In the instrumental version, there is a moment when I went into almost a tango feeling. At the rehearsal, they did it extremely well, instinctively. When we started doing the take, it just lost the 'fire.' Madonna, in the booth, grabbed the talkback mic and told them, It's not sexy enough, think about sex!' She really participates."
Colombier's rich string arrangement provided the drama, especially in the opening measures before Madonna's vocal enters. Her cryptic lyrics were a curiosity ("I'm gonna keep this secret / I'm gonna close my body now . . .") but Mirwais's electronica sounds, which dominate the track, made "Die Another Day" the most sonically edgy Bond theme ever. (Soon afterward, Madonna asked Colombier to score her film Swept Away, which would be released later in 2002, a month before the Bond film.)
The track apparently went through various incarnations. "We went through several interpolations of it." producer Michael G. Wilson later said, "but I think when she saw the rough material we were going to use, she sort of adapted the song and changed the title to 'Die Another Day." Added director Lee Tamahori: "When I first heard it, I was a little concerned because it seemed to have stops and starts and didn't seem to be that evocative. But she rewrote--the chorus was written for the movie, and I think it's made quite a profound difference."
As Madonna herself said before the film's release: "I hemmed and hawed about it for a while. Everybody wants to do the theme song of a James Bond movie, and I never like to do what everybody else likes to do. It's just some perverse thing in me. But then I thought about it and I said, you know what? James Bond needs to get techno.
Years later, she praised Colombier's contribution: "Mirwais brought Michel to me. That song is so cinematic; I'm so excited when I get to work with a live orchestra. Those strings in Die Another Day' are chilling and, because of that, it's one of my favorite songs."

54 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

The uptempo version of xstatic process is just a fan rumor and wasn’t confirmed in any way that it exists. 

This originated from a DrownedMadonna article from June 2003:

Many of the rumors circulating before the album’s release have been cleared up:

• The rumored 12-minute track was actually “Nobody Knows Me” although it was only afew minutes longer than the album version.
  • “Love Profusion” was originally titled “I Got You Under My Skin.”
  • “Intervention” was originally recorded for the MUSIC album and was about Guy and not Rocco. It was reportedly much different in style and lyrical content. It was originally called “Love Will Change Us Forever.”
  • The collaberation with Air never happened for an unknown reason.
  • “Can’t You See My Mind?” was recorded for the Bond film and sounds more like the traditional ballads used for the series, however “Die Another Day” was chosen because it’s name fit the film’s title.
  • “X-Static Process” originally sounded much more like “Impressive Instant” but was re-recorded with an acoustic style for the album.
  • “Mr. Ejector” (or My Ejector, or Ejector) was a track that was recorded but not put on the record. It may surface as a B-side. It is said to sound like the final version of “American Life.”
  • “Adverse Youth” is a ballad. Madonna’s spokesperson said many of the tracks NOT included were dance-oriented and Madonna wanted a quieter, “more acoustic feel,” however, why this ballad was left off is not known.

•  “Hollywood” was actually a song Madonna wrote some time ago but never recorded until now. She apparently changed the melody for this record more than once.

• "I Can't Place It" - or at least its demo version - is rumoured to be quite a guitar-driven track with a strange rhythm that kept stopping and starting, kind of like what happens to the start of the music of "Don't Tell Me". It is thought to be an early demo for "I'm So Stupid."

• In 2002, Madonna worked with Monte Pittman on the song “Easy Ride,” then titled “Round and Round.” It did not involve Mirwaïs or Michel Colombier at that point. “Round and Round” was recorded as an acoustic version with guitars only and was planned as the final version. By the time Colombier finished working on “Nothing Fails” a decision was made up to add the strings. The track was finally reworked on with Mirwaïs.

Plus Caresse Henry did say in a post release interview that the album could have been "more dance."

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

This originated from a DrownedMadonna article from June 2003:

Plus Liz Rosenberg did say a post release interview that the album could have been "more dance."

On the “My Ejector” bullet what does “it is said to sound like the final” mean? That it has the same sound as the album?

19 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

So all of those dot points are just rumours from drowned Madonna then?

• There were rumors before the albums release that a song was 12 minutes long. They confirmed the rumor was about NKM, BUT that it was only a few minutes longer than the album version-not 12 minutes.
  • We know that Intervention originated from the Music sessions
  • We know Hollywood was an older song and went through multiple changes for American Life (confirmed by Mirwais in an interview)
  • We know Easy Ride was originally a Monte Pittman track before Mirwais.
  • The outtakes were first reported in a Record Collector article from 2003:

"As it seems the highly anticipated American Life album turned out to be a bit disappointing for some of us, a true Madonna fan would love to hear about the missing tracks from it. Confirmed by 'Maverick', unreleased track titles includes: "Mind Trapper", "Bad Nature", "Ejector(or My Ejector)"," Adverse Youth" and much more.

Apparently more then 7(!) songs never made it and it seems like no one knows why.

Also the track Hollywood is an early track Madonna wrote and was never pleased with the work till its final version in her current album.

The song Nothing Fails from the last album has a couple versions as well as the tired, acoustic X-Static Process. When we questioned M's spokesmen all they could say is that the album could have been more dance then acoustic and those unpublished tracks were ditched for a reason.

Yet the balladic "Adverse Youth" track is not even close to dance when "My Ejector" reminds American Life.The real reason will probably never be known but there's a Madonna box set coming up and more singles to come so all of you addicted out there can calm down.

Even if the tracks won't be on a B-side nor on the box set they will eventually get online somehow & all fans will be pleased."

Chris Cox/Thunderpuss posted a year or two ago on their Facebook page explaining more:

"Die Another Day" Thunderpuss Mix *The Back Story*

Once again in 2002 we were invited by Caresse Henry (Madonna’s manager at the time) to her office to discuss remixing Madonna’s new song from the upcoming James Bond Movie. Caresse told us that the movie producers actually wanted her to do a ballad but she said no. We were told this song was called “Can’t You See My Mind” at the time to (keep everything secretive i suppose), were hand given the parts on C.D. and went to work at our studio.

When Madonna's involvement was announced in March 2002, the film already had the title of "Die Another Day." When it comes to artists getting picked to record the theme song, it's not like the producers pick 1 artist and say, you're going to write the new theme song. It doesn't work like that. Artists have to submit a song to the film producers, then they pick whoever they like. When the film had the working title of "Beyond The Ice," the band Red Flag submitted a song with the same title. Obviously, it was never used, but the band still released the song on their own anyway. Whatever Madonna submitted to the producers, didn't have Michael Colombier's string arrangements, as he didn't work on them till May 2002.

----------

Someone on a bond fan forum said "Can't You See My Mind" wasn't real because only Madonna fans talked about the title, never M's management. So I did some digging and this isn't true. The song title was confirmed on Madonna.com on May 28 2002, but was later changed to Die Another Day, as confirmed on Madonna.com on June 3 2002.

But back on March 15 2002, in one of the press releases announcing M's involvement, Liz R her publicist said it best: It won't necessarily carry the same title as the movie, despite it being the "title" song

4 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Chris Cox/Thunderpuss posted a year or two ago on their Facebook page explaining more:

"Die Another Day" Thunderpuss Mix *The Back Story*

Once again in 2002 we were invited by Caresse Henry (Madonna’s manager at the time) to her office to discuss remixing Madonna’s new song from the upcoming James Bond Movie. Caresse told us that the movie producers actually wanted her to do a ballad but she said no. We were told this song was called “Can’t You See My Mind” at the time to (keep everything secretive i suppose), were hand given the parts on C.D. and went to work at our studio.

When Madonna's involvement was announced in March 2002, the film already had the title of "Die Another Day." When it comes to artists getting picked to record the theme song, it's not like the producers pick 1 artist and say, you're going to write the new theme song. It doesn't work like that. Artists have to submit a song to the film producers, then they pick whoever they like. When the film had the working title of "Beyond The Ice," the band Red Flag submitted a song with the same title. Obviously, it was never used, but the band still released the song on their own anyway. Whatever Madonna submitted to the producers, didn't have Michael Colombier's string arrangements, as he didn't work on them till May 2002.

----------

Someone on a bond fan forum said "Can't You See My Mind" wasn't real because only Madonna fans talked about the title, never M's management. So I did some digging and this isn't true. The song title was confirmed on Madonna.com on May 28 2002, but was later changed to Die Another Day, as confirmed on Madonna.com on June 3 2002.

But back on March 15 2002, in one of the press releases announcing M's involvement, Liz R her publicist said it best: It won't necessarily carry the same title as the movie, despite it being the "title" song

At least though that confirms that Can’t You See My Mind is an early version of Die Another Day.

Because I seem to remember originally there was speculation she’d done 2 songs for the soundtrack and that 1 was a ballad. So now we know for sure that isn’t true.

Hollywood went undergone countless revisions and overhauls over the years, before making it onto American Life.I believe it originates from the late 1990s. Madonna wrote the track on her own and then sought creative input from her collaborators to polish the song up with the goal being to get it released on the "Music" LP/album. Early incarnations of the track may have featured input from Guy Sigsworth, but not until Mirwais came into the recording sessions did the song start taking serious shape. Madonna's original acoustic demos were scrapped and the melody completely reworked; the backing music is said to be less guitar and more along the lines of "Impressive Instant." Neither she nor Mirwais liked the result, and the song was scrapped. It was picked up again in the Spring of 2002 during the "American Life" recording sessions, where it underwent a couple more revisions before ultimately finding home on that album and becoming its second single.