MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

Just now, deathproof said:

Girl you gotta get out. Brooklyn has Kylie parties every other weekend. And it’s not 40 yr old men attending….

She has a large presence in the US amongst the gays, of all ages.

When she headlined Pride in NYC, tickets sold out immediately. She then booked a show for another night in NY and it sold out in minutes. The demand is real.

Oh, I know she’s very popular here with the gays and I like several of her singles. I was just saying she isn’t big in America with the general public and she doesn’t have to be.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

“For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums”

“expansive” does not mean t-shirts and holographic slip cases sold separately. It’s the album with bonus tracks. Come on people. The label knows what they gotta do. And if it’s true the Prince team is handling this, then we are bound to get some good extras.

Madonna and her team curate the album and design the artwork as seen with Finally Enough Love and the new American Life Mixshow Mix (along with the WTG Super Mix / Everybody 40 etc) and the recent MX live vinyl concept Ricardo posted - and Rhino assess and line up the format options etc and then once all agreed, goes into Production.

A lot of people say or tweet that Rhino should do this / do that but it's entirely up to M and her team - this also applies to the digital releases which are curated by M's team

does anyone knows if the career-spanning partnership comes down to this (holographic covers, blankets, digital releases, and remixes compilations)? 

is there anything else planned for 23-24? 

is there any official detailed announcement planned before the tour? 

Edited by thiagosb (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, thiagosb said:

does anyone knows if the career-spanning partnership comes down to this (holographic covers, blankets, digital releases, and remixes compilations)? 

Are you serious? 

1 hour ago, thiagosb said:

No, nothing is going to happen. Just a tour and from time to time we will get a new holographic sleeve (next one is for Evita album) and exclusive digital singles (next one is for Give Me All Your Luvin`). It was already announced and discussed multiple times on this forum. ;) 

9 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Madonna and her team curate the album and design the artwork as seen with Finally Enough Love and the new American Life Mixshow Mix (along with the WTG Super Mix / Everybody 40 etc) and the recent MX live vinyl concept Ricardo posted - and Rhino assess and line up the format options etc and then once all agreed, goes into Production.

A lot of people say or tweet that Rhino should do this / do that but it's entirely up to M and her team - this also applies to the digital releases which are curated by M's team

I doubt it. I refuse to believe she handpicked Aldo's abominations of artwork for the Rebel Heart singles or those other projects. How did she find this guy (and not someone else) anyway?

49 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I doubt it. I refuse to believe she handpicked Aldo's abominations of artwork for the Rebel Heart singles or those other projects. How did she find this guy (and not someone else) anyway?

What was wrong with the Ghosttown artwork ? I liked that ? At least it was from the video ? 

I can’t see Pre-Madonna stuff being lumped in with the debut album stuff at all. 
Maybe the stuff from 81 that was done around the same time as Everybody and Burning Up. The cleaner studio demos that are better produced. Love On The Run etc 

Some of the other stuff that was a bit earlier and rockier would make an incredible Record Store Day release. 
I need Drowning and Are You Ready For It? In HQ format. To me they are strong songs with the essence of the Madonna we saw on the debut. 

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Of course she did. Madonna is very hands on. She found these fan designers like Aldo herself on Instagram.

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

She did. She wanted the Ricardo pictures as the main cover but Warner wanted something more pop. 

1 hour ago, HC Charge said:

No, nothing is going to happen. Just a tour and from time to time we will get a new holographic sleeve (next one is for Evita album) and exclusive digital singles (next one is for Give Me All Your Luvin`). It was already announced and discussed multiple times on this forum. ;) 

I want the Evita holographic sleeve nooow! 

4 hours ago, thiagosb said:

You are mixing up what is being sold in her official store with the Partnership with Warner where they are re-issuing her back catalog as well as releasing specially curated releases.  FEL was the first new curated release from this deal.  Everybody and the Erotica picture disc was re-issued through this partnership.  American Life Mix show is another new curated release.  Many of her landmark albums will get re-issued as expansive deluxe sets.  No one is certain when the first re-issued album will happen, but rumors have been circulating that the first will be released this July/August.  I believe @GregVsMatthas stated the digital releases is playing a part in this encompassing deal as well.

27 minutes ago, tscott said:

You are mixing up what is being sold in her official store with the Partnership with Warner where they are re-issuing her back catalog as well as releasing specially curated releases.  FEL was the first new curated release from this deal.  Everybody and the Erotica picture disc was re-issued through this partnership.  American Life Mix show is another new curated release.  Many of her landmark albums will get re-issued as expansive deluxe sets.  No one is certain when the first re-issued album will happen, but rumors have been circulating that the first will be released this July/August.  I believe @GregVsMatthas stated the digital releases is playing a part in this encompassing deal as well.

These all seem like standalone (almost random?) releases. Apparently there seems to be no real strategy / thinking behind. 

1 hour ago, thiagosb said:

These all seem like standalone (almost random?) releases. Apparently there seems to be no real strategy / thinking behind. 

Not at all.  It takes time to put curated items together especially when they sell as physical items such as Vinyls and CDs, etc.  Many of the releases surround an anniversary.  For instance, numerous digital/streaming (not all) releases.  Erotica picture disc was re-issued for Erotica's 30th Anniversary.  Everybody Vinyl re-issue celebrated it's 40th Anniversary.  FEL was to celebrate her 50 #1's in her 40 years in the business. American Life Mix Show Mix is celebrating 20 year anniversary.  Something like this just doesn't magically happen.  They take time to plan and produce.  There's been a plan/strategy in place since 2021 when all this was announced.  But again, it was sold as celebrating her 40 years in the business.  The press statement specifically mentioned that there will be special releases. 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

Actually the Who’s That Girl EP from last year RSD was the first release of the new deal. 

I don't see that EP making it to streaming but I'm certain they will make their way to streaming in their own respective 12" formats in the next three months. I fear for the The Look Of Love being left in the wildnerness in terms of the singles. It would sound so beautiful with a remaster. The Holiday Collection version of Commotion SSE and Celebration version of Who's That Girl sound good but The Look Of Love is quiet. 

2 hours ago, thiagosb said:

Who’s That Ep was released for the 35th Anniversary. The Erotica Picture disc for the 30th. Everybody for the 40th. American Life for the 20th. There’s a strategy of course. 

2 hours ago, tscott said:

Not at all.  It takes time to put curated items together especially when they sell as physical items such as Vinyls and CDs, etc.  Many of the releases surround an anniversary.  For instance, numerous digital/streaming (not all) releases.  Erotica picture disc was re-issued for Erotica's 30th Anniversary.  Everybody Vinyl re-issue celebrated it's 40th Anniversary.  FEL was to celebrate her 50 #1's in her 40 years in the business. American Life Mix Show Mix is celebrating 20 year anniversary.  Something like this just doesn't magically happen.  They take time to plan and produce.  There's been a plan/strategy in place since 2021 when all this was announced.  But again, it was sold as celebrating her 40 years in the business.  The press statement specifically mentioned that there will be special releases. 

Let’s also non forget the vinyl plants problem. It’s not like these things were planned the month before release. 

I doubt we'll ever get any of the Record Store Day releases on digital due to the Code of Conduct that record labels agree to. Here are the official terms (not sure why the term 5 didn't apply to the previous RSD re-issues):

RSD Product Criteria

Product submitted for Record Store Day MUST adhere to the following criteria: 

1. Any product must be an exclusive release. 
2. Exclusive means on an exclusive format or exclusive content specifically for Record Store Day
3. Unless there are exceptional circumstances it should not have been made available or be made available in a similar format (e.g. different colour) for at least 12 months prior to or post RSD.
4. If labels plan to make a substantially similar release available in the UK within 12 months of RSD, they must notify the RSD co-ordinator at the point of submission clarifying why there are exceptional circumstances
5. It should not have been made available in a different territory in the same format previously. 
6. RSD product should be manufactured in a reasonable quantity.  Anything under 500 units may be deemed inadmissible to RSD unless there are valid grounds for inclusion. Product has to be suitable of a RSD release and should only be manufactured with the sole intention of releasing for RSD.
7. Product must only be made available to RSD stores as notified to you by ERA and may only be made available to non-RSD stores one week after RSD (subject to being made available to RSD shops first).

6 hours ago, planetbenjamin said:

I doubt we'll ever get any of the Record Store Day releases on digital due to the Code of Conduct that record labels agree to. Here are the official terms (not sure why the term 5 didn't apply to the previous RSD re-issues):

RSD Product Criteria

Product submitted for Record Store Day MUST adhere to the following criteria: 

1. Any product must be an exclusive release. 
2. Exclusive means on an exclusive format or exclusive content specifically for Record Store Day
3. Unless there are exceptional circumstances it should not have been made available or be made available in a similar format (e.g. different colour) for at least 12 months prior to or post RSD.
4. If labels plan to make a substantially similar release available in the UK within 12 months of RSD, they must notify the RSD co-ordinator at the point of submission clarifying why there are exceptional circumstances
5. It should not have been made available in a different territory in the same format previously. 
6. RSD product should be manufactured in a reasonable quantity.  Anything under 500 units may be deemed inadmissible to RSD unless there are valid grounds for inclusion. Product has to be suitable of a RSD release and should only be manufactured with the sole intention of releasing for RSD.
7. Product must only be made available to RSD stores as notified to you by ERA and may only be made available to non-RSD stores one week after RSD (subject to being made available to RSD shops first).

I prefer it that way.  RSD is an exclusive and limited event. Also, Madonna should have some limited and rare releases for fans  especially who collect and enjoy her work in a physical capacity. 

But someone will rip the songs and make them available to all fans eventually. (EDIT: and has so since making this post!)