The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

1 hour ago, stefo said:

Nonono, let me say this: at this point it's absolutely ideal coming back straight on the stage. Yeah some posts on IG maybe, without revealing anything special, but her real come back should be on the debut night.

After that she could release recorded interviews about her journey or give some to the major networks, wich she will maybe do imo, being the first time she did not promote an album before going on tour: the target here is her whole story and catalogue.

Exactly. She doesn’t need the publicity. Her return to the stage will be headline news.

I think it's easy to fall into the trap on a Madonna fan forum of thinking everything she does will be received as widely and excitedly as WE would receive it here. We already saw Vulgar flop. Madonna needs the media attention. I'm sure many normal people have no idea she's going on tour, or didn't know until the news headlines about her health. The average person does not know when an artist is going to go on tour unless they're a loyal fan of that artist who follows what they do on social media. She def needs publicity to let the unwashed masses KNOW about the tour and to build a hype around it that goes beyond us superfans on madonna-infinity.net

7 hours ago, madgefan said:

I know it sounds crazy and still a bit uncertain what's going to happen to all/most Northamerican dates, but I just purchased a GA Pit ticket to San Francisco :rainbow: on January 15, 2024. I'm not going to Dallas anymore. Ticketmaster informed the other day that refunds will be available #soon.

0_Madonna.jpg

In Madonna I trust... everything's going to be alright :fantasy:

I’ll see you there! :luv:

13 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I think it's easy to fall into the trap on a Madonna fan forum of thinking everything she does will be received as widely and excitedly as WE would receive it here. We already saw Vulgar flop. Madonna needs the media attention. I'm sure many normal people have no idea she's going on tour, or didn't know until the news headlines about her health. The average person does not know when an artist is going to go on tour unless they're a loyal fan of that artist who follows what they do on social media. She def needs publicity to let the unwashed masses KNOW about the tour and to build a hype around it that goes beyond us superfans on madonna-infinity.net

This is true.  When I purchased my tickets earlier this year, a lot people I know had no idea she is touring.  It's so easy for us fans to think she's such a huge artist that the whole world is going to know what she's doing, when that's not true.  So yeah, the more publicity is the better. 

22 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

So only super fans on this forum watch the news and bought tickets? Makes sense….

10 minutes ago, tscott said:

This is true.  When I purchased my tickets earlier this year, a lot people I know had no idea she is touring.  It's so easy for us fans to think she's such a huge artist that the whole world is going to know what she's doing, when that's not true.  So yeah, the more publicity is the better. 

How many interviews are you expecting her to do exactly to promote already sold out shows?

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

How many interviews are you expecting her to do exactly to promote already sold out shows?

Not all shows are sold out.  Also, postponements which will lead to rescheduled dates, not all can make.  So there will be more tickets available.  Let's not pretend this won't happen.  Anyway, I merely suggested some PR wouldn't hurt to show the public she's doing great and ready to you get back to work. :)

1 hour ago, tscott said:

Not all shows are sold out.  Also, postponements which will lead to rescheduled dates, not all can make.  So there will be more tickets available.  Let's not pretend this won't happen.  Anyway, I merely suggested some PR wouldn't hurt to show the public she's doing great and ready to you get back to work. :)

I know what you mean but I think it will be way easier for her to make a speech about it on opening night and let the media use that. Interviews are just more work for her and will not do half as much as a victorious return to the stage. If she's going to do that it would make more sense in the US when she gets there as that's where most of the unsold tickets will be.

What do I expect from this new Madonna tour?

A good musical band that accompanies Madonna throughout the show. Listening again to her classics accompanied by the sound of various musical instruments that, apparently, seem to have gone into exile, since many artists seem to follow this absurd and cheap trend of only using certain samples and some beats when composing their songs, finally creating a product without soul and merely synthetic and artificial. Even Madonna herself has fallen for this trend and an example of this would be the version of Like a Prayer that we all saw at Eurovision. For me it is the worst version of this song musically speaking.

Since when did songs lose their musical richness and it became so cheap? I don't really know but unfortunately it seems that those are the new trends in this industry where even investing in a good band seems not to be to the liking of many artists and their pockets.

9 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

A good musical band that accompanies Madonna throughout the show. Listening again to her classics accompanied by the sound of various musical instruments that, apparently, seem to have gone into exile, since many artists seem to follow this absurd and cheap trend of only using certain samples and some beats when composing their songs, finally creating a product without soul and merely synthetic and artificial. Even Madonna herself has fallen for this trend and an example of this would be the version of Like a Prayer that we all saw at Eurovision. For me it is the worst version of this song musically speaking.

Since when did songs lose their musical richness and it became so cheap? I don't really know but unfortunately it seems that those are the new trends in this industry where even investing in a good band seems not to be to the liking of many artists and their pockets.

It’s the same trend in every industry. Cut costs by replacing everyone with machines.

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Consider that Madonna hasn't had a bass player since Drowned World Tour.

Victor Bailey did an incredible job at the Girlie Show.

She didn't even had a drummer for the Madame X Tour!

The Jonathan Moffet days are long gone.

When I asked him about this during the MXT backstage tour, Kevin Antunes replied that there is no need of a bass player when a machine can play any sound.

He also said that M wants the songs to sound like the original.

Many members of the crew kept saying that they were playing live, but when the string trio performed Frozen on IG, their sound was much different (and more beautiful) from what we heard during the show, which was too similar to the album version. Musicallly, MXT was the most disappointing tour, considering the opportunities of a beautiful live sound given by a theatre.

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

That trend you speak of, started with Kevin Antunes. Stuart Price for example used a lot of live instruments for the tour arrangements although most of the shows he produced used digital audio. Compare the RIT and RHT Burning Up versions. The RIT version was done by Stuart and it sounds much more organic.

He is back on this tour, seemingly replacing Kevin Antunes, so we might be in for some great renditions.

36 minutes ago, Enrico said:

When I asked him about this during the MXT backstage tour, Kevin Antunes replied that there is no need of a bass player when a machine can play any sound.

He also said that M wants the songs to sound like the original.

So how does he explain the trap beats in Like a Prayer ?

8 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I don’t think that was the case this time, surely you can’t reach the 100% of the population the 100% of times

But, al least in Mexico, the whole country knew she’s coming and everyone wanted a ticket

We know how well the tour has been received I guess its kind of the the same around the US and EU (not as much as here) but if she goes to South America it would be a massive event 

11 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I don’t think that was the case this time, surely you can’t reach the 100% of the population the 100% of times

But, al least in Mexico, the whole country knew she’s coming and everyone wanted a ticket

We know how well the tour has been received I guess its kind of the the same around the US and EU (not as much as here) but if she goes to South America it would be a massive event 

In Italy:

- "normal people" didn't know about Madame X album

- the tour received some promo and Milan dates sold out fast

- the health problems were discussed everywhere, even my mother who was at the hospital on the same days with no tv heard about it

8 minutes ago, Enrico said:

In Italy:

- the health problems were discussed everywhere, even my mother who was at the hospital on the same days with no tv heard about it

Italy is a mystery this time right? She could have sold more and bigger venues than the one in Milan from what I’ve read here, I think we all experienced our friends and family expressing concern to us about what was happening ❤️

I think people tend to forget that they aren’t trying to promote Madonna’s image or brand value, they are selling the tour, if they have reached their business goal they aren’t going to spend any more time or money in it, there’s no point in doing pr interviews to an already sold out tour, even if 10% of the people miss the new dates. 

20 minutes ago, Enrico said:

In Italy:

She's not even coming to Australia and it was all over the news here. Both with the tour announcement and the postponement.

4 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

A good musical band that accompanies Madonna throughout the show. Listening again to her classics accompanied by the sound of various musical instruments that, apparently, seem to have gone into exile, since many artists seem to follow this absurd and cheap trend of only using certain samples and some b eats when composing their songs, finally creating a product without soul and merely synthetic and artificial. Even Madonna herself has fallen for this trend and an example of this would be the version of Like a Prayer that we all saw at Eurovision. For me it is the worst version of this song musically speaking.

I'm with you man, definitely, with aaall of it :heart:

Let's hope at least part of the show (I don't expect it for the whole thing) will give justice to her great music

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic