The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread 👑

nikolica

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

The Weeknd has released like 30 other songs in the last 12 months but "Popular" has been the biggest one. People like it. Madonna is featured. We can't even give her that? She's contributed to the song.

If we're playing the "but this, but that" excuse, "Padam Padam" has only been a hit cause it got viral and became a meme.

There's always a "but" if we're looking for it and want to find it.

I like Padam Padam better than Popular though, I would like (not expecting it or base my love for it if not) for Madonna’s new song to become a viral hit and a Meme as Kylie’s song was.

I'm a Madonna fan and worship her, love her approach and the depth of her musical output but sometimes it’s ok to have fun and dance the night away. 

I do love MadameX and the voice effects but hearing her voice as clear as in Popular was magical 

5 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I like Padam Padam better than Popular though, I would like (not expecting it or base my love for it if not) for Madonna’s new song to become a viral hit and a Meme as Kylie’s song was.

I'm a Madonna fan and worship her, love her approach and the depth of her musical output but sometimes it’s ok to have fun and dance the night away. 

I do love MadameX and the voice effects but hearing her voice as clear as in Popular was magical 

The Max Martin track will definitely be a giant big, commercial bop. You don't get Max Martin to do something experimental.

Actually Friday next week, October 13, would be the perfect day to release it, just in time with the tour starting the following day and all the hype around it in the press on Sunday (I guess and hope so).

21 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The Max Martin track will definitely be a giant big, commercial bop. You don't get Max Martin to do something experimental.

Actually Friday next week, October 13, would be the perfect day to release it, just in time with the tour starting the following day and all the hype around it in the press on Sunday (I guess and hope so).

When I heard his work I immediately thought 80s Madonna, hopefully we will have something new in less than two weeks 

1 hour ago, Redha DBL said:

A success is not always about numbers. Especially for an artist who is not part of the huge worldwide american entertainment machine. 

This would be a very valid point if that artist's label team wasn't promoting paid articles on industry outlets with all kind of details about sales, figures, etc. (Having done so for every album since she's with them).

They're clearly interested in showing us (and their client) how well things are going and how good they do things. Sadly little is talked about the music.

So where's is the truth.gif

But there's already a topic on this forum for that other artist, so please let's stick to M's new music/album here.

6 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Max Martin has already moved on and is posting selfies with Ariana Grande

The ball is in Madonna's court regarding their collaboration.  He's done his part.  He's not going to cease to exist or stop doing anything just because they collaborated on something that may or may not be ever released.

If their collaboration was to create something that would go along with the tour, then no doubt that was to unfold back in July, but unfortunately Madonna became ill. The tour was put off. Therefore, the song (if it even is being released) is awaiting for its premiere very soon.

23 hours ago, Prayer said:

I understand but if we're playing the comparison game, Madonna is still doing commercially much better than Kylie, just some fans won't give her that and want everyone to like her like it happens with Kylie, when they couldn't be more different as people and artists. Being everyone's fave is just not Madonna's brand and has never been.

Madonna had an US #1 album with "Madame X" at 60. "Tension" didn't even enter the US Top 20. "Medellín" numbers are not far from "Padam Padam"'s ones, actually the video is way higher on YouTube. Madonna's "Finally Enough Love" album has already been 40 weeks in the UK charts, her longest run in years, while Kylie's last similar run was in 2004 with "Ultimate Kylie" (44 weeks).

"Popular" numbers s**t all over "Padam Padam" figures. Madonna is about to start a sold out worldwide tour. Kylie last worldwide tour was in 2015 and with half empty venues.

The list is endless. That's why I don't get the comparisons, except for the public image one. If you want to like an artist that pleases everyone, then Madonna maybe is not for you, and yeah, Kylie suits that better.

Thank you, your analysis gave me a clear vision of the numbers. As I told, my question was inspired by the observation of UK media titles wich seemed to contradict the ageist effect on charts and, not following radios and charts, I was curious to get opinions by people who understand this world better than me. Your contribution was really helpful :cute:

M is the only pop diva I really ever followed, I'm a fan since I was 9 (1987) and I went through this long journey for the character, the attitude, the creativity and the meaning of what she does, it's never been a matter of how appreciated she was, I really don't give a.

BACK TO THE MAIN TOPIC: about the new single, I'm dieing to get new proper music, it's AGES!!! And I'm also one of those delusionals who still hope that, maybe not a complete proper album, but a bunch of new songs could be coming during the tour :hearteyes:

Anyway the thing I miss the most and I'm waiting the most at ten days from the debut night is to see her performing and listen to her singing again her real material ... four years of Frozen on fire, Hung up on Tokisha, 40 years old remixes, infinite ass size discussions and Vulgar featuring have honestly been too long for me :lol: This is over: can you believe it??? :Madonna010:

1 hour ago, stefo said:

BACK TO THE MAIN TOPIC: about the new single, I'm dieing to get new proper music, it's AGES!!! And I'm also one of those delusional who still hope that, maybe not a complete proper album, but a bunch of new songs could be coming during the tour :hearteyes:

Anyway the thing I miss the most and I'm waiting the most at ten days from the debut night is to see her performing and listen to her singing again her real material ... four years of Frozen on fire, Hung up on Tokisha, 40 years old remixes, infinite ass size discussions and Vulgar featuring have honestly been too long for me :lol: This is over: can you believe it??? :Madonna010:

Me 2!

We are here! we are hoping, get used to it. 

2 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

When Madonna's new album features Kylie, then what

Well, i don't know about a music collab but a chameo on the Celebration tour could be happening or at least a pic together backstage cause Kylie has said a couple of weeks ago in a french interview that she has already bought a ticket to attend the show !

I only want to say that I love Madonna and I love Kylie as well. Madonna is no better than Kylie, and Kylie is no better than Madonna. They are huge, having a lot of impact back then and now. They are a truly inspiration, feminist icons, that worked their ass off to be where they are now. 
I had enough of comparison. You absolutely can’t compare them both. We need to have in mind that they were born in different countries. I think everyone knows how the US market works. It’s much harder for an outsider to be famous there than an US Born one. 
Kylie has her own uniqueness and M as well, so let’s cherish them both and hope that someday they collaborate together and release a masterpiece (for us, at least). 

Do you know what have become meme on internet? Older gay men putting two amazing woman agains each other. 
So let it be a lesson and lets start enjoying or respecting (at least) them both. 

1 hour ago, RebelMe said:

I only want to say that I love Madonna and I love Kylie as well. Madonna is no better than Kylie, and Kylie is no better than Madonna. They are huge, having a lot of impact back then and now. They are a truly inspiration, feminist icons, that worked their ass off to be were they are now. 
I had enough of comparison. You absolutely can’t compare them both. We need to have in mind that they were born in different countries. I think everyone knows how the US market works. It’s much harder for an outsider to be famous there than a US Born one. 
Kylie has her own uniqueness and M as well, so let’s cherish them both and hope that someday they collaborate together and release a masterpiece (for us, at least). 

Do you know what have become meme on internet? Older gay men putting two amazing woman agains each other. 
So let it be a lesson and lets start enjoying or respecting (at least) them both. 

Well, i don't see any "war" or "putting them agaisnt each other" in this forum. A little comparison is not that big of a deal and is quite normal in a pop female singer forum, as long as we're acting as respectful adults being able to discuss without getting upset like 5 yo kids. If we are on this forum it's because we love Madonna to begin with. 

31 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Well, i don't see any "war" or "putting them agaisnt each other" in this forum. A little comparison is not that big of a deal and is quite normal in a pop female singer forum, as long as we're acting as respectful adults being able to discuss without getting upset like 5 yo kids. If we are on this forum it's because we love Madonna to begin with. 

Yes, I agree with you. It’s normal and healthy talking about them both. I meant with that post the only ones that have mean comments.

(And to be clear, it’s not something that we only have here.)

2 hours ago, RebelMe said:

You absolutely can’t compare them both. We need to have in mind that they were born in different countries. I think everyone knows how the US market works. It’s much harder for an outsider to be famous there than an US Born one. 

Popular was a bigger hit in Australia than Padam. 

37 minutes ago, Mden said:

Popular was a bigger hit in Australia than Padam. 

"Popular" is not even a Madonna song to begin with, it's a track of Theweeknd featuring Madonna. We all know that a big part of the success of the track is thanks to TheWeeknd. Padam is Kylie solo, with no big current big name with her to help her. 

Now if you wanna make a fair comparison do it with Madonna's last solo single which is "God Control". 

35 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

"Popular" is not even a Madonna song to begin with, it's a track of Theweeknd featuring Madonna. We all know that a big part of the success of the track is thanks to TheWeeknd. Padam is Kylie solo, with no big current big name with her to help her. 

Ok. A song that featured Madonna heavily was a bigger hit in Kylie’s own native country than Padam. And Kylie had neither writing nor production credits for the song which peaked at 19 (11 slots lower than Popular ). How much of the song’s moderate success is thanks to Kylie.

16 minutes ago, Mden said:

Ok. A song that featured Madonna heavily was a bigger hit in Kylie’s own native country than Padam. And Kylie had neither writing nor production credits for the song which peaked at 19 (11 slots lower than Popular ). How much of the song’s moderate success is thanks to Kylie.

Correction, a song from one of the two most succesful current streaming artist in the world featuring a verse from Madonna. 

I will not even go further into this dicussion trying to denigrate Kylie Minogue sucess (or flop as you want). What's the point in doing so ? That Madonna is the greatest on earth and every other female singers are floppin compared to Madonna ? If you want, ok. 

Anyway, the only arguments people keep on bringing like a broken record when trying to bring down Kylie VS Madonna are the numbers, numbers that are not even related to Madonna because she's now always featuring current and succesful artists to support those numbers to begin with. 

Numbers are what they are, and god knows they are fucked up in these days of digital streamings. If we go by numbers, Drake has been more succesful than Michael Jackson so you get an idea...

Now you talk numbers but i can talk which one is now more loved by the grand public ? Which one makes people dance on clubs ? All i know is that in the pub where i work as a dj, if i play 80's Madonna songs people dance, but when it comes to 00's, 10's and 20's, Kylie wins by far on the dancefloor. So, everything is discutable under certain perspectives. 

All i know is that Madonna fans get really under tension now when we mention Kylie, which mean something i guess, just saying... 

2 hours ago, Mden said:

Exactly. 👍