Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

1 minute ago, Anapausis said:

Technically the version on S&ST2 would be classified as a mash-up so? Or just Holiday with interpolations of Everybody and Celebration?

I agree it’s not a medley. The full song is Holiday with elements of Everybody and Celebration. Like Girl Gone Wild with elements of Material Girl.

45 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Haven't you considered the possibility Drowned has revealed all featuring ballads on tour at a once through their short video from yesterday? Given they'd gladly take such an opportunity to add a few seconds to the compilation they posted and reveal even more downtempos, each one by just one more second. I'll Remember and TPOG have also M's close-ups in their MVs. For RM, they could do the trick of adding a close-up of hers from any concert film and we'd instantainly recognize the presence of RM on CT2 (since RM MV is a compilation of scenes from past M's concert films, and afaik M's only MV of such specific nature).

@Dazedmadonnaamirite?

Plus now I just have noticed some seconds from Drowned's compilation are indeed REPEATING some of the scenes. Pretty much noticeable in their IG post, not in their FB (watch the video while logged out to your IG account to check that):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyG-qaDMCU-/

So my theory could be even more plausible given the repeated scenes could've been switched for new ones from MV's from other tunes, right @MPowered???

Just now, Blue Jean said:

I agree it’s not a medley. The full song is Holiday with elements of Everybody and Celebration. Like Girl Gone Wild with elements of Material Girl.

Exactly 

Just now, Anapausis said:

Technically the version on S&ST2 would be classified as a mash-up so? Or just Holiday with interpolations of Everybody and Celebration?

Id say a mashup yeah, with a sample from Everybody.

Just now, blue0rbit said:

what are the spoilers so far? anyone could do a brief summary please?

Heavily implied/believed are:

Don't tell me 

Crazy For You

Bad Girl

Rescue Me

Live To Tell

Ray of Light

Like a Virgin / Billie Jean 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Holiday 

Oh Father

Die Another Day

Everybody

Nothing Really Matters

Vogue 

To me it's missing some of the big hits that you need for a Madonna Celebration Tour:

La Isla Bonita, Hung Up (🙄), Music, Into The Groove (I think likely), Open Your Heart, 4 Minutes, Express Yourself.

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

Haven't you considered the possibility Drowned has revealed all featuring ballads on tour at a once through their short video from yesterday? Given they'd gladly take such an opportunity to add a few seconds to the compilation they posted and reveal even more downtempos, each one by just one more second. I'll Remember and TPOG have also M's close-ups in their MVs. For RM, they could do the trick of adding a close-up of hers from any concert film and we'd instantainly recognize the presence of RM on CT2 (since RM MV is a compilation of scenes from past M's concert films, and afaik M's only MV of such specific nature).

@Dazedmadonnaamirite?

You haven't read what I said.

Two never-performed songs were listed in the video. I was guessing the remaining one.

11 minutes ago, scion said:

Exactly 

Id say a mashup yeah, with a sample from Everybody.

Heavily implied/believed are:

Don't tell me 

Crazy For You

Bad Girl

Rescue Me

Live To Tell

Ray of Light

Like a Virgin / Billie Jean 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Holiday 

Oh Father

Die Another Day

Everybody

Nothing Really Matters

Vogue 

To me it's missing some of the big hits that you need for a Madonna Celebration Tour:

La Isla Bonita, Hung Up (🙄), Music, Into The Groove (I think likely), Open Your Heart, 4 Minutes, Express Yourself.

As previously stated, this setlist will be quite long. She recently went to see Beyoncé in concert, so I'm guessing her setlist will be very similar. 30 songs or more with some of them being part of medleys. She can't do a 24 song setlist without leaving out either too many fan-faves or too many classics.

18 minutes ago, scion said:

Have you considered they're pretty much TOO OBVIOUS to be even hinted?

Hey, even Amy Schumer sang LIB on the CT2 announcement video. Btw if M does the Kruder & Dorfmeister Remix to NRM as @Alex the rebel heart as suggested 20h ago, LIB would be such a pleasant follower to it (even better with "Medellín" stuck between both to shut up the traumatized to the Medalló en el Mapa performance)

Check his post:

Maybe the hints are just targeted to the "ugly ducklings" of M's discography.

33 minutes ago, MPowered said:

To be quite honest...I don't think I could follow your theory.

In case of Rescue Me, I would use one of the close-ups from the Pure commercial:

This *SHOULD* have been developped to an actual MV!!!! In the vein of a TV parody where someone rescues a girl from the elephant!!! Madonna chutzpah at its best for this timeframe of both world and her life!!!

Must've been the original concept but Mitsubishi decided to put hands exclusively on this footage so they came with the story M didn't want to shot a MV for RM. A shame.

EDIT: the more I watch the video, the more I get convinced of that. Never have heard of it afaik but now I know they actually came with such a storyboard for Rescue Me MV, pity it was to a Japanese ad instead!

4 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Its masterful and even at this point we dont know nothing at all!😂😂

This is the magic of life!

In other times, we'd be fed by a detailed description of how entire concert would be song by song. Tribe did it to S&ST, Rama did it to MDNAT, NOM kinda did it to RHT, M herself did to MXT through her IG. Today we can say we have something and nothing at same time!

5 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

This *SHOULD* have been developped to an actual MV!!!! In the vein of a TV parody where someone rescues a girl from the elephant!!! Madonna chutzpah at its best for this timeframe of both world and her life!!!

Must've been the original concept but Mitsubishi decided to put hands exclusively on this footage so they came with the story M didn't want to shot a MV for RM. A shame.

Yeah think Japan is very strict with the exclusive rights of things used advertise their products.

Causing A Commotion, Spanish Eyes (which was likely going to be a single instead of Oh Father or Dear Jessie) and Spotlight also never received official music videos and were all used for Japanese ads. It's a bit of a strange "coincidence". True Blue was also used and that video had a bit of strange history and was rarely shown on TV as far as I know.

Indian Summer (aka. Broken) was also used EXCLUSIVELY for a Japanese commercial and never actually saw the light of day:

@MPoweredwatching these ad's made me feel nostalgic about the time I had VCR's... I know the "quality" of their recording ofc but I couldn't just help... *shed tears here and there* I have been reminding my teenage years lately btw - maybe it's something metaphysical, who knows.

I was wanting to tell also about what happened to Spanish Eyes in my country but for sure you're tired to know that.