Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

13 hours ago, subversive said:

Hi! Now that I have seen the show... which songs were rumored to be rehearsed?

According to @Dazedmadonna and DrownedMadonna fansite (as well as other sources from this forum), the following ones:

Sorry (was meant to appear in the Ballroom/Vogue section)

Oh Father (same case of Sorry)

Hold Tight (was meant to appear in the Kabbalah/country section)

Music (scrapped alongside the whole section it was inserted)

Express Yourself (allegedly was in the Music section)

Physical Attraction (same case of EY)

A 4th song from the scrapped Music section, can't recall which was actually, maybe it was Causing a Commotion

Frozen (scrapped in favour of Rain, thanks to the Powers that Be).

Show was meant to last 2h30min, got reduced to usual M concert length most likely due to rehearsal adjustments regarding M's health combined with curfew issues, after all, tour was kicking off in the UK.

2 hours ago, Anapausis said:

According to @Dazedmadonna and DrownedMadonna fansite (as well as other sources from this forum), the following ones:

Sorry (was meant to appear in the Ballroom/Vogue section)

Oh Father (same case of Sorry)

Hold Tight (was meant to appear in the Kabbalah/country section)

Music (scrapped alongside the whole section it was inserted)

Express Yourself (allegedly was in the Music section)

Physical Attraction (same case of EY)

A 4th song from the scrapped Music section, can't recall which was actually, maybe it was Causing a Commotion

Frozen (scrapped in favour of Rain, thanks to the Powers that Be).

Show was meant to last 2h30min, got reduced to usual M concert length most likely due to rehearsal adjustments regarding M's health combined with curfew issues, after all, tour was kicking off in the UK.

Never heard of Express Yourself or Physical Attraction, neither Causing a Commotion. I definitely didn't say that those 3 were on the setlist, sorry!

In other news, Back That Up, Candy Shop, 4 Minutes were indeed rehearsed on the same set of 'Music' and also Ghosttown and Hold Tight were rehearsed for the 'country' section, HT falling in the DCFMA place.

Then there's also The Power of Goodbye which was the planned ending and rehearsed as such but scrapped because of Madonna *apparently* thinking it's too bittersweet.

39 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Never heard of Express Yourself or Physical Attraction, neither Causing a Commotion. I definitely didn't say that those 3 were on the setlist, sorry!

In other news, Back That Up, Candy Shop, 4 Minutes were indeed rehearsed on the same set of 'Music' and also Ghosttown and Hold Tight were rehearsed for the 'country' section, HT falling in the DCFMA place.

Then there's also The Power of Goodbye which was the planned ending and rehearsed as such but scrapped because of Madonna *apparently* thinking it's too bittersweet.

Many thanks my friend, now I finally know how'd be the Music scrapped section.

Interesting is that every single scrapped song M did during rehearsals is actually NOT NEEDED AT ALL to the tour as in its premise. NOT EVEN MUSIC, NOR FROZEN, NOR TPOG. They'd be all over the place and misguiding at all.

M, I knew, I wasn't giving my 2 cents to you until Dazed and Giampiero have made my eyes shine, and, for sure, they shine even brighter now to your final result rather than would be the whole thing you'd do if it weren't for your rebirth. Many thanx Little Nonnie!!!

19 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Interesting to know four of the songs of the cut act, I wonder what role it had in the story arc. As much as EY belongs in this show I can also see why these songs together would be less impactful than the other sections so she probably made the right choice here. Of all the rehearsed songs I'm only gutted by the omission of Oh Father. It's such a powerful song and LAP deserves another track. I'm assuming it would be placed somewhere in the stroyline that starts with LAV and ends with CFY. The more I think of that section the more brilliant it becomes.

I have it on very good authority that the scrapped set which included Back That Up, Candy Shop, 4 Minutes and Music was intended to follow DCFMA and was designed to be a dance off battle between M and the dancers.

The whole act was scrapped after M got sick, she didn't have enough strength to perform this set as it was very dance-heavy.

Frozen was scrapped right before Manchester, M apparently thought it felt too dark and depressive so she switched it to Rain which has more of an uplifting vibe. Apparently, you can still here a note of Frozen right after Ray of Light ends and before Rain begins.

Fascinating stuff @Dazedmadonnaand  @holdtight .  I think she loves performing the songs she dropped as much as we do. When she got sick she  needed to change everything up especially with healing and time being a factor too before the tour started. It makes me wonder if she won’t change her mind and switch up the American leg during her Christmas break. We’ll soon see? 

9 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Fascinating stuff @Dazedmadonnaand  @holdtight .  I think she loves performing the songs she dropped as much as we do. When she got sick she  needed to change everything up especially with healing and time being a factor too before the tour started. It makes me wonder if she won’t change her mind and switch up the American leg during her Christmas break. We’ll soon see? 

I'm doubting she will change anything or much.  Of course, it's not impossible, but a lot of the choices she finally settled with, is telling a particular journey.  For instance, I can't see her dropping the Mother And Father performance because it seems to be a major part of her journey as an entertainer as well as telling David's story too.

But like you, I look forward to whatever she does.  Like mentioned, nothing is impossible, so we will see! :)

On 11/7/2023 at 6:15 AM, Dazedmadonna said:

Excellent and she was very smart.

Thank you for always being so generous with your info. :heart:

On 11/7/2023 at 3:15 PM, Dazedmadonna said:

She didn't rehearse Express Yourself at all? 

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

I guess I'll just stay on this thread - sorry @RUADJAI , I need to stay spoiler-free and I admit finally I HATE THE SPOILERS THERE!!!

(Guess I've gone back to be a bitch to my brain...)

@dave2290 this thread is inoffensive - one must only respect the golden rule - NO SPOILERS!!!

thanks!

On 11/7/2023 at 9:15 AM, Dazedmadonna said:

So everything else in that post is true?

On 11/7/2023 at 9:15 AM, Dazedmadonna said:

What was the theme of that section? I am guessing the country section is the 2000s until now. So I would guess maybe the country section would've been 2010s and that scrapped section was 2000-2010?

6 hours ago, dankpepe said:

What was the theme of that section? I am guessing the country section is the 2000s until now. So I would guess maybe the country section would've been 2010s and that scrapped section was 2000-2010?

Setlist was pretty much the same minus that whole dance section (BTUTTB, Candy, Music etc) which was scrapped like Hold Tight which was the original DCMFA segment for example or Frozen which now Madonna performs in the same exact way she rehearsed before swapping it with Rain at the O2 final rehearsals.

Sad we didn’t get to see many things because some outfits\visuals were interesting; hopefully if the tour gets extended (I’m not too hopeful) we might get a glimpse of it.

17 hours ago, dankpepe said:

I'm guessing the country section was the Mirwais/Kabbalah era and the dance section was Dance Madonna era (HC, MDNA, RH)

11 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Setlist was pretty much the same minus that whole dance section (BTUTTB, Candy, Music etc) which was scrapped like Hold Tight which was the original DCMFA segment for example or Frozen which now Madonna performs in the same exact way she rehearsed before swapping it with Rain at the O2 final rehearsals.

Sad we didn’t get to see many things because some outfits\visuals were interesting; hopefully if the tour gets extended (I’m not too hopeful) we might get a glimpse of it.

Was that section after the country section?

• 2 weeks later...