VULGAR

deathproof

3 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I don’t want to be a Debbie Downer but I think I’ll hear them once and that’s it. boring but good that she’s been mentioned everywhere. 

I agree. I think for most fans will be doing the same, unless they are huge Christina and the Queens fans.  :)

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

"Vulgar Madonna is degenrate queen of sleaze" by the infamous homophobic columnist Ray Kerrison

New-York-Post-USA-May-3-1991-What-A-Tram

New-York-Post-USA-May-3-1991-page-5-Sham

(the group he's refering to about the church covered in blood is Act Up)

Cap by Ryan @Onthecoverofamagazine

Ha! I love this. 

5 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Is Vulgar even trending on TikTok?

To answer your question, from what I can see, Sam's verse has been used in just 300 videos and Madonna's in 229. That's still very few. By contrast, Back That Up has been used as a sound for almost 27,5 thousand videos, La Isla Bonita 206k and Frozen Remix along with Material Girl a staggering 1,2-1,3M videos. But it's still too early I guess. Once it's been properly released we'll definitely see bigger numbers.

44 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

To answer your question, from what I can see, Sam's verse has been used in just 300 videos and Madonna's in 229. That's still very few. By contrast, Back That Up has been used as a sound for almost 27,5 thousand videos, La Isla Bonita 206k and Frozen Remix along with Material Girl a staggering 1,2-1,3M videos. But it's still too early I guess. Once it's been properly released we'll definitely see bigger numbers.

Thanks for this. I was curious too.  I'm sure once the song is officially released, the song will see more of a boost on Tik Tok.  Sometimes, these viral trends take a while to fire up.  I predict a bit more of a volatile and negative response from the GP, compared to The Weeknd's song.  But we also know that could also be good press for the song, Sam and Madonna.

50 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

I definitely think Vulgar is going to be a lot bigger across all media formats, especially social media, than Popular.

There are just too many cunty verses and catchphrases that people can use :laughing:

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

So is she definitely not in the video?

I know she’s been busy rehearsing but I can’t honestly see this song working without a video featuring Madonna.

🤷🏻‍♂️ my wild guess is that if there is a video, they would’ve filmed their parts separately but I have no idea. We got that dancers teaser so I would guess that’s the style of. Also M teaser was b&w. 

If there isn't a video with the two of them playing patty cake with their cakes, doing runway with DesmondisAmazing, then I don't see the point in releasing this. The whole thing is tailor made to piss off special guest judges, Candace Owens, Ben Shapiro and the Bud Light freedom fighters. They already think she's an illuminati high priestess kidnapper. Might as well go all the way with it. And serve a look.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic