POPULAR

Official Singles Charts:

#UK #17 (+01) #Popular (New Peaks)

#Australia #19 (+02) #Popular (New Peaks)

#Ireland #15 (+09) #Popular (New Peaks)

#Germany #30 (+16) #Popular (New Peaks)

#Norway #32 (+05) #Popular (New Peaks)

#Lithuania #29 (-02) #Popular (Peaked #16)

https://twitter.com/MadonnaRecords/status/1677370081607573544?s=20

1 minute ago, Curator said:

Would you like to speak to the manager padam? 🤣

No,I just wished his team didn't ignore this and didn't act like they never planned a album or planned a video for others.In his channel you can see a music video for the JENNIE song,but no one for popular,just a repeated visual

7 minutes ago, Michael_Py said:

What episodes? The season it’s over. Only had 5 episodes. No Popular at all in them.

Sorry, I thought there were 6 episodes, and I forgot I'm behind episode, so I've yet to see Episode 5.

EDIT: So apparently I've seen episode 5, but I had forgotten as I fell asleep through some of it.  LOL!  What an "eventful" show that was.  (Not!).

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Weird that "Popular" isn't even featured and it's going to be the most successful song from the project. It should pass "Double Fantasy" streams (currently at 89M) in one or two weeks.

Maybe they should have released it properly as a single and promoted it better to radio, and it would have charted better by now (at least in the U.S.). 

5 minutes ago, tscott said:

Maybe they should have released it properly as a single and promoted it better to radio, and it would have charted better by now (at least in the U.S.). 

"The Idol" soundtrack release strategy was changed in the middle of it all, from the full soundtrack to singles for each episode...

I guess the full album is coming out eventually anyway... or not, we'll see. Anyway people like "Popular", even with playlisting and promo you don't get this lasting success without GP approval.

I still find "Popular" basic as f**k^ - but of course I'm very happy that is working so well for her in the end.

^And maybe that's why people like it.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"The Idol" soundtrack release strategy was changed in the middle of it all, from the full soundtrack to singles for each episode...

I guess the full album is coming out eventually anyway... or not, we'll see. Anyway people like "Popular", even with playlisting and promo you don't get this lasting success without GP approval.

Yes, but I just felt like there was something lacking to the push to radio especially.  Would have been great if there was an actual music video as well. 

And I agree, the song is a bit basic, but I really love how Madonna sounds in the song.

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic