Megan Three Stallion uses Madonna remix of Vogue in her live show. Is a collab coming....

xavier

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

The more today's artists promote Madonna, the better ! 

I don't understand fans complaining, she's being embraced and celebrated by today's artists, we should be happy.

That's because many fans thinks that this can be another "destroyed classic" just like Frozen Sickick Remix and Hung Up on Tokischa 😂 and I think they have a valid point because she can make new music from 0 just like with The Weeknd and Sam Smith and not destroying her classics with awful remixes with popular artists. 

43 minutes ago, Rebel Hugo said:

That's because many fans thinks that this can be another "destroyed classic" just like Frozen Sickick Remix and Hung Up on Tokischa 😂 and I think they have a valid point because she can make new music from 0 just like with The Weeknd and Sam Smith and not destroying her classics with awful remixes with popular artists. 

But the classics aren't destroyed? They're all still there. Fans that don't like the new remixes (myself included) can just not listen to them and stream the original Frozen and Hung up. Warner is just trying to make them more palatable to 14 year olds (teenagers are the biggest music streamers) and generating talk about the old songs.

15 hours ago, Chris said:

i LOOOOOVVEEEE Megan Thee Stallion!

Body-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody (hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey)
Ody-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody (yeah)
Body-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody
Ody-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody (ah, ah, ah, ah)
Body crazy, curvy, wavy, big titties, lil' waist (yeah, yeah)
Body-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody (whoa, whoa)
Ody-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody-ody (ah, ah, ah)

1 hour ago, mirtillo said:

Actually the song she mashed up with Vogue was Her which goes:

"I'm her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her
She, she, she, she, she, she, she
Take a pic', it's me, me, me, me, me, me, me
Tell your friends "this her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her" (ah)"

That song officially has 6 songwriters attached to it

14 hours ago, Rebel Hugo said:

Oh please. Bring the collabs. As if she can’t mutilate the original with the remixes she’s released for tours and singles. The originals will be what are celebrated anyway. Everything new is to strengthen her position with the shifting general public. Something that wasn’t being done well in the 2010s. Madonna is taking a stance of featuring or allowing features with newer or indie or still active pop stars. It’s the 2020s. And she’s doing all these things and using fresh sounds but propping up the classics as well. Frozen got a whole new extension on life via a remix Mike Dean could’ve done in five seconds but instead she played mother and worked with SickKick. You’re frozen when your hearts not open after all. 

9 hours ago, mirtillo said:

that'd be the chorus :dead:

and the chorus doesnt always have to have the most words in the song :dead:

https://genius.com/Megan-thee-stallion-body-lyrics

https://genius.com/Megan-thee-stallion-her-lyrics

It certainly doesn’t hurt Madonna that these performers use her as a reference point, but the way I experience it is that they are both pandering and exploiting…it’s a way to cover up their own mediocrity. Because nobody can come up with a hook that makes the masses go wild anymore. I know some will cite endless reggaeton crap and nursery rhymes from Drake et al. However, I can guarantee that at least 75% of what is considered a hit nowadays will be totally forgotten with absolutely no nostalgia quotient within a decade. It’s just drivel, repetitive, unoriginal, lacking innovation, and frankly soulless.

9 hours ago, dankpepe said:

Actually the song she mashed up with Vogue was Her which goes:

"I'm her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her
She, she, she, she, she, she, she
Take a pic', it's me, me, me, me, me, me, me
Tell your friends "this her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her" (ah)"

That song officially has 6 songwriters attached to it

That's some deep shit.

5 hours ago, Alibaba said:

It certainly doesn’t hurt Madonna that these performers use her as a reference point, but the way I experience it is that they are both pandering and exploiting…it’s a way to cover up their own mediocrity. Because nobody can come up with a hook that makes the masses go wild anymore. I know some will cite endless reggaeton crap and nursery rhymes from Drake et al. However, I can guarantee that at least 75% of what is considered a hit nowadays will be totally forgotten with absolutely no nostalgia quotient within a decade. It’s just drivel, repetitive, unoriginal, lacking innovation, and frankly soulless.

I agree with this too. Nothing music wise anymore has a timeless sound that you think "20 years from now that song will still be iconic", everything sounds disposable and forgettable (Madonna's past decade included) - maybe reductive is the better word. We'll never probably get another Vogue from any artist.