Celebrate "Madonna" The Debut Album's 40th Anniversary: Performances, Demos, Photos, Interviews, Remixes, and More!

Donna

6 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I don't think this is an original demo, it sounds fan made

Thanks for sharing.  I had a hunch it wasn't really a demo, but the thread is open to interpretation for fan mixes.  Feel free to contribute to the thread if you like.  We'd love to have more of your expertise.  :)

9 minutes ago, steady75 said:

These demos though. I never heard these. Cute novelties. Not sure they're approps for a deluxe edition really. They'd get one play and done for most I imagine.

I'm pretty leery of what is shared on Youtube labeled "Demos".  I know I posted some earlier in this thread from another account from other songs from the first album, and while some have definite different vocals, others sound like someone took her vocals and purposely made a rough mix.  But of course, I know the first album demos has leaked years ago, so they do exist and many of them have been posted in this thread. :)

A very detailed article of Madonna "oral history" of her debut album:

Excerpt... quote from Michael Rosenblatt: “I gave Madonna – after we signed – I gave her a gift of one of these old school Casiotone keyboards with a cassette player built in,” Rosenblatt told CNN in a recent interview. “And a week or two – definitely not longer than two weeks after I signed her – she came into my office and she played me ‘Lucky Star.’ She said, ‘I just wrote this on this little thing’ I got her.”

Full article here:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/29/entertainment/madonna-40th-anniversary/index.html

f_webp

10 minutes ago, tscott said:

Excerpt... quote from Michael Rosenblatt: “I gave Madonna – after we signed – I gave her a gift of one of these old school Casiotone keyboards with a cassette player built in,” Rosenblatt told CNN in a recent interview. “And a week or two – definitely not longer than two weeks after I signed her – she came into my office and she played me ‘Lucky Star.’ She said, ‘I just wrote this on this little thing’ I got her.”

Full article here:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/29/entertainment/madonna-40th-anniversary/index.html

f_webp

Amazing. The stories about the debut album are always the best.

Pure gold! Thanks for sharing.

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Amazing. The stories about the debut album are always the best.

Pure gold! Thanks for sharing.

So true.  There were a few things mentioned her that I never read or heard before.  For instance, how Madonna went to Los Angeles, and stayed at Rosenblatt's parents house and his mom was concerned about the rags Madonna was wearing in her hair before meeting with Warner execs to secure $10,000 to complete her first album.  LOL!   Then there is the trip to Florida which he described how only a couple dozen people would only see her perform or how watching her rehearse with her dancers and he knew one day she was going to be bigger than Olivia Newton John (which I heard that before).  Still, a fascinating article from Micheal Rosenblatt's perspective. 

One other thing that interests me.  Over the years, I always have heard stories how Madonna once famous would piss people off or rub them the wrong way.  Yet, in the early days, she was said to be known to charm the pants off people, which usually carried over when she was hugely famous when talking with people she's meeting for the first time to secure deals, etc.  Everyone who meets her, always speaks of this magnificent and captivating presence she has. It's all too fascinating!!

We can say that Mark Kamins, Micheal Rosenblatt, and Seymour Stein were truly the first of our kind. It is amazing that all stories about her early years goes about how everyone was so entranced, fascinated by her and in this grander way, it is not just a man turned on by her. It is this energy that we fans know. 

I'm sure Madonna would have happened anyway, but I'm so grateful for these three men who "got" her.

9 hours ago, diegolcl said:

We can say that Mark Kamins, Micheal Rosenblatt, and Seymour Stein were truly the first of our kind. It is amazing that all stories about her early years goes about how everyone was so entranced, fascinated by her and in this grander way, it is not just a man turned on by her. It is this energy that we fans know. 

I'm sure Madonna would have happened anyway, but I'm so grateful for these three men who "got" her.

They all totally believed in her and have even now or in Seymour's caae til the end. Bless his soul.  :luv:

On 7/29/2023 at 10:57 PM, tscott said:

Full article here:

f_webp

I'm pretty sure that keyboard was on sale at an auction several years ago, it had a case with purple velvet inside, i think there used to be a pic on madonnacatalog.com

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic