Update: Madame X Tour 3LP cancelled

Enrico

9 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Vinyl are like dicks... 

You can look, but don't play.

Since I collect them all but dont even have a fucking record player. :Madonna048:

You should get a player.  It really is a whole different experience in hearing music on vinyl.  It isn't perfect, but it's just nice.  Though, I would recommend spending about $200 to $300 on a good player.  I made a mistake in buying in all in one player that has CD, Tape, MP3, Streaming and record player.  While the other features are nice to have in one unit, the record player sucks.  So I ended up purchasing a stand alone record player.  I did a little research and got a nice one for about $200.  I'm not really a huge audiophile, so I'm sure experts will find fault in what I bought, but for me, all my records sound nice and they don't skip, unlike with the ALL IN ONE unit I bought.

23 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I assume they are saving it for a soon coming greatest hits or new celebration version.What a shame

5 hours ago, Enrico said:

Maybe they are too busy rescheduling the tour?

2 hours ago, RyanUK said:

So with Rhino releasing this, are we to assume that there will be no reissue for Madonna40?

The marketing plan linked to the tour momentum is broken. The bosswoman being unavailable for some time, there's a whole chain of command without a compass. 

August release MXT vinyl couldn't be plugged off, as it was already announced and it doesn't relate that much with The Celebration tour. They'll probably tweak the release campaign to tease the upcoming tour.

Many other things have been postponed.

We'll have probably even more surprises when they reprise the course of events, with things already in the works for the end of the year and delayed material that was supposed to come with the beginning of the tour.

1 hour ago, Brandon Clark said:

I don't either LOL! ALL stay sealed :)

I've had record players for almost 40 years. I can't live without my music and the possibility to listen to them.

Now I used to not play new vinyl, cause I didn't want my records to lose any value, but then I realized something:
There's noone in my family who's as passionate about music as I am, and chances are than they might sell my records when it my time to go.
Now what's the point in buying all those expensive records and then not listen to them?
So now I do listen to them, and I enjoy them. :)

25 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

The marketing plan linked to the tour momentum is broken. The bosswoman being unavailable for some time, there's a whole chain of command without a compass. 

August release MXT vinyl couldn't be plugged off, as it was already announced and it doesn't relate that much with The Celebration tour. They'll just probably change the release campaign to tease the upcoming tour.

Many other things have been postponed.

We'll have probably even more surprises when they reprise the course of events, with things already in the works for the end of the year and delayed material that was supposed to come with the beginning of the tour.

*(how do you say that in english without sounding like a moron?)

Nah, this isn't related to the tour and her postponing the tour should have no effect on this particular release.  It's through Rhino.  Chances are Madonna had very little to do with the release.

As far as future releases, such as possibly a re-issue expanded set of the debut album, I can see that somewhat tied to the tour, but with the anniversary being this month, I can't see them delaying anything they planned.

I suspect if something is going to happen, it's going to be around the anniversary date of the original release.  If anything, they will start taking pre-orders for the MADONNA re-issue album late July, and it will be available by October the latest.

U2 just announced a re-issue of a 30th Anniversary for their Zooroopa album.  It was originally released on July 5th in 1993.   They are just now taking pre-orders to be released in October.  This isn't their first re-issue for this year, and they also have released a new box set earlier this year of 40 of their songs re-imagined.  

So this idea that Madonna can't release multiple things in one years time, is null and void, because it's possible. I realize no one said this here, but it's been said before regarding the re-issues.  Many artists are releasing multiple projects these days within only a few months apart. I imagine that with the Celebration tour there is going to be merchandise out the wazoo, with at least one re-issue being available in time for the tour.  Again, I predict that will be the debut album, but it's possible they might keep the focus on the FEL release instead.  I can't stress how foolish Warners would be if they let this month go by without finally re-issuing the debut album. 

3 hours ago, tscott said:

You should get a player.  It really is a whole different experience in hearing music on vinyl.  It isn't perfect, but it's just nice.  Though, I would recommend spending about $200 to $300 on a good player.  I made a mistake in buying in all in one player that has CD, Tape, MP3, Streaming and record player.  While the other features are nice to have in one unit, the record player sucks.  So I ended up purchasing a stand alone record player.  I did a little research and got a nice one for about $200.  I'm not really a huge audiophile, so I'm sure experts will find fault in what I bought, but for me, all my records sound nice and they don't skip, unlike with the ALL IN ONE unit I bought.

What brand? 

4 hours ago, RyanUK said:

So with Rhino releasing this, are we to assume that there will be no reissue for Madonna40?

This is coming Aug. 25. Rhino can still announce "Madonna 40" with pre-orders and a, let's say October - November release in July 27th, for the 40th anniversary.

Or maybe we'll have a digital reissue like "True Blue 35th" and done.

Or maybe we'll have NOTHING at all. :Madonna003:

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

This is coming Aug. 25. Rhino can still announce "Madonna 40" with pre-orders and a, let's say October - November release in July 27th, for the 40th anniversary.

Or maybe we'll have a digital reissue like "True Blue 35th" and done.

Or maybe we'll have NOTHING at all. :Madonna003:

The holo sleeve darling… 💋

1 hour ago, tscott said:

I suspect if something is going to happen, it's going to be around the anniversary date of the original release.  If anything, they will start taking pre-orders for the MADONNA re-issue album late July, and it will be available by October the latest.

I hope you’re right. 
Madonna 40 Super-deluxe HAS to happen. We have waited too long for any updates. 

1 minute ago, Ayham said:

What brand? 

It all depends how expensive you want to go? 

This is what I bought a few years ago.  It's much cheaper now than when I bought it.  It works perfectly to my taste.  You can also hook it up to your computer and rip your Vinyls.

https://www.amazon.com/1byone-Turntable-Wireless-Connectivity-Pre-Amplifier/dp/B07S5XSTCW/ref=sr_1_13?crid=14XB2KRKUAL6R&keywords=turntable+record+player&qid=1689195630&s=electronics&sprefix=Turn+ta%2Celectronics%2C346&sr=1-13

But for a real audiophile, they will spend thousands for turntables.  To me, the one I linked up above, works perfectly for the average Joe.  Hook your current speakers up to it or buy new ones.  I've actually hooked up my old bookshelf 5.1 Stereo Surround Sound speakers I bought in the early 90's.  

But you can find alternate brands to the one I linked.  I also know that a lot of people say Audio-Technica is a good brand.  You can spend anywhere from $100 to 1,000 or more on these.  I would go middle of the road on one of those.  Also, Rega, ProJect, Technics, and Sony also are nice, but again, don't go too cheap on those.  Expect to spend at least $200 or more unless there is a good sale.  Compare different turntables as well to see what is different with them.

Whatever one you choose, make sure it has a built in amplifier.  It will tell you in the description.  Without it, you'll have to buy one and hook it up to the player, to be able to get any sound to your speakers.  Also, make sure it has a "counterweight" (most do), so you can set it, so the needle will set comfortably on your Vinyl when you play.  It's always nice to have one you can adjust, just in case you have some records that the needle might try to skate across, but I've yet to come across that problem with the one I bought.

Many of these you have to install the belt which can be a pain in the ass.  Mine kept slipping off at first, but with some patience I was able to adjust it correctly so it won't slip off.  Also, my turntable doesn't have an automatic start/stop arm.  It's not a big deal, except when the record ends and your not their to lift the arm from the vinyl.  But there are many nice reasonable priced Turntables with automatic start and stop, which can be handy when you're not right their to lift the arm from the vinyl when it's finished.  For the life of me, I'm not sure why these companies would build one without an automatic stop and start.

I'm hardly an expert. I'm sure there are people here who have better knowledge on Turntables. Though, I'm still knowledgeable enough to know that what I have is a nice player for someone who isn't looking to spend a lot of money.  When you start getting into the price range of $500 or more, you're mostly paying for bells and whistles, but again there are those far more knowledgeable than me who can tell you the difference with the more expensive ones.

Sony have nice players too, but you obviously pay for the name.  :)

46 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

I hope you’re right. 
Madonna 40 Super-deluxe HAS to happen. We have waited too long for any updates. 

I hope I am too.  It would seem too odd if they didn't release something significant for the 40th Anniversary of her Debut album when Warner and her specifically struck up a deal that celebrates her 40 years.  I still have faith some sort of physical and digital deluxe set is on it's way.  It's too good to pass up.  And while her tour is on pause right now, it may only make it even more of a perfect opportunity to do so.  It would be a nice treat for the fans!  If not, I'm going to troll Warners hard.  LOL! 

4 minutes ago, Ayham said:

@tscott thanks so much! 🫶🏼 I really want to buy a player because currently I don’t have and I feel it’s time to enjoy what I have before it’s too late. 😅

You won't regret it.  And honesty, I understand those who prefer streaming and digital.  I agree it's very convenient.  I use those formats as well, but at the end of the day, I prefer to stick to Vinyl.  Madonna is the only artist that I do buy nearly all formats that are released.  But there was a long period I never bought vinyl from Madonna.  Now I regret not getting those singles that were available on Vinyl at least in the early 90's.  For some time after Vinyl just disappeared, especially singles.

• Enrico changed the title to Update: Madame X Tour 3LP cancelled