Madonna’s BEST interview?

Ayham

Sean Evans is a great interviewer. He does his homework. He has a show where he interviews celebrities while they’re eating progressively hotter and spicier chicken wings, called HOT ONES . The hotter the chicken wings get the more uncomfortable, irritable and uninhibited the guests get. And yes his 2015  Madonna interview was good and very insightful.

34 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Her latest best 

2 hours ago, Blue Skies said:

No one mentioned this one.  Another one of my favorites.  Very young.  Confident without being arrogant.

The whole raw backdrop of this just adds to its appeal to me.  With the barb wire and car lot 

Love this.  While I have seen this before, I had forgotten this existed except clips.  So nice to revisit this.  I see her boyfriend at the time was with her.  Anyone, know his name?

32 minutes ago, Blue Skies said:

Where in the video?  Jellybean? 

No, it's not Jellybean.  It's the guy on the sidewalk with her and goes in her trailer with her.  I've seen those two together in another promotional video, where Madonna is among the NYC streets, talking about her early career and about finishing Like A Virgin.  She and him are walking in the streets together.  You can see them in this video. They appear about 56 seconds in:

31 minutes ago, McDonna said:

No, it's not Jellybean.  It's the guy on the sidewalk with her and goes in her trailer with her.  I've seen those two together in another promotional video, where Madonna is among the NYC streets, talking about her early career and about finishing Like A Virgin.  She and him are walking in the streets together.  You can see them in this video. They appear about 56 seconds in:

Only other boyfriend I was kind of aware of in that time was the guy in the Burning Up Video.

Who knows?  maybe just a songwriter or neighborhood friend or something 

24 minutes ago, Blue Skies said:

Only other boyfriend I was kind of aware of in that time was the guy in the Burning Up Video.

Who knows?  maybe just a songwriter or neighborhood friend or something 

These videos are from the summer of '84.  The Burning Up Video was filmed in early '83. These interviews are nearly a year and half later. She started working on DSS, in late September.  I believe the video I posted is a couple months before she started DSS.   They seem way too friendly to just be "friends". 

11 minutes ago, McDonna said:

These videos are from the summer of '84.  The Burning Up Video was filmed in early '83. These interviews are nearly a year and half later. She started working on DSS, in late September.  I believe the video I posted is a couple months before she started DSS.   They seem way too friendly to just be "friends". 

:smile:

Edited by Blue Skies (see edit history)

While this interviewer wasn't all that nice to her, she held her own here and it made for a real good interview in that sense.  Most ones today of her seem kind of generic or just fawn over her imo.

Another good phone interview.  She was ahead of her time

Edited by Blue Skies (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, Blue Skies said:

Imagine if social media was around back then? :smile:

she would’ve been cancelled :cryin: ( i mean even without social media she already kinda was “cancelled” in the early 90s)

however if this interview was done nowadays i think it would’ve went viral in a funny way, the erotica era would’ve overall been received in a much better way 

• 4 months later...
On 7/22/2023 at 3:11 AM, McDonna said:

This Camile interview was done on the same day that she did many other press interviews sporting her newly dyed long dark hair.  It was September 1998!  One of those interviews she did was with ET (see below which documents the September date by mentioning the upcoming VMAS that same week).  As you can see, it's all from the same day and she's wearing the same outfit and sporting the same hair do.  It's a great interview. She talks about so much, including the death of Princess Diana, motherhood and also giving a sneak peak of filming of The Power of Goodbye video.

It is funny to listen to the journalist saying, "exclusive interview" and here in Brazil journalist Marilia Gabriela said the same at the opening of the program. By the way, that "interview" haunts her to this day. And every time someone asks her about that she basically puts the blame at Madonna.

39 minutes ago, michel.kettermann said:

It is funny to listen to the journalist saying, "exclusive interview" and here in Brazil journalist Marilia Gabriela said the same at the opening of the program. By the way, that "interview" haunts her to this day. And every time someone asks her about that she basically puts the blame at Madonna.

She could put the blame on wherever she learnt English. Eggs and ham anybody?

On 7/17/2023 at 1:20 PM, Prayer said:

Her best ever:

Funny, reflective, humble, grateful, unapologetic and more, all at the same time.

Yeah this is crazy this interview is almost 25 years old already!  It was done in January 1999.

She probably had done live interviews before but I sort of recall this being a big deal at the time and I wanted to check it out.  The Ray of Light era is when I started paying more attention to her.

Yeah I agree it was a great interview where I was mesmerized and I'm not the biggest Larry King fan in the world.  She came off all those things you and others mentioned and especially beautiful to me.  For lack of a better way to describe it she is/was the ultimate MILF to me before that word became a thing.