How to present Madonna to a friend?

artofdarkness

Guys, I need your help.

Two friends of mine are now looking foward for a girls night so we can watch a Madonna concert together.

The thing is, I'm the die hard fan, they barely know the hits.

Of course, my first obvious option was the Confessions Tour.

But I thought a little bit and considered showing them the Madame X Tour film. As a personal favourite, I think it encapsulates so much of Madonna's work in art, but at the same time it's the most different show she ever did. It's more intimate and has a setlist made, in almost it's entirety, by the Madame X songs, which are... divisive, to say the least?

So, what do you guys think? Confessions Tour or Madame X Tour?

Should I show to them another concert? Give me your opinions.

p.s. Truth or Dare (or IGTTYAS) is out of the question, they said they want to watch a recorded concert.

3 hours ago, stefo said:

TOTALLY WITH THIS

Beyond what was asked about here, BA or GS are far superior Madonna Live experiences.   :) Confessions is a great tour as well!!

Personally, I still think BA and GS are two great tours that showcase who Madonna is as a live artist.  It's best to start there.  Madame X..  not!:)

I would definitely choose The Confessions Tour!

The Confessions Tour has many great elements, like the disco ball that opens up at the beginning of the show with Madonna inside. She has changed many old hits, making them sound new and energetic (Like A Virgin, Music, Lucky Star). Additionally, the tour film is brilliantly edited. The effects used are subtle and fitting, not too overwhelming nor too few. The camera perspectives are also well done. Moreover, the entire Confessions era was an amazing highlight in Madonna's career and I'm sure that even outsiders can appreciate it.
In my opinion, the Madame X Tour is more for the die hard fans like you. For the general public, I would argue that Madame X wasn't a success.

IgJgx0K.jpg

bA8w8w1.png

3 hours ago, Mden said:

Go with MX Tour. It is very well received by young / casual fans. 

These people are literally afraid of fan bases sending them death threats, so they just try and keep everything positive and try and make sure to notice all the things they are "supposed to notice". 

I think you need to consider what your friends like.

I would recommend Girlie Show to anyone because of the provocation, fun and show qualities. But the editing and slow pace at some points might not be as exciting for younger generations.

Confessions is like rollers disco and karaoke, lots of glitz and they might know lots of the songs. But I was re-watching it few days ago and the middle bit might be a bit boring.

Blonde Ambition is a classic but same as the Girlie show it might feel dated. If you want full on over-stimulation you go for something like MDNA.

I don't think you can just introduce one Madonna with a concert. Ask them what Madonna songs they know, and what type of mood they are for.

Also made it a recurrent plan and watch a  new show every other week.