Rebel Heart tracks originally intended for soundtracks?

cosmic_system

4 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

So I was waching the latest live episode of MLVC-The Madonna Podcast where they say that the reason that there were so many tracks recored for Rebel Heart was because Madonna was trying to get some songs on some soundtracks. The "sex songs" were intended for the 50 Shades Of Grey soundtrack and others like Messiah for The Giver soundtrack. Since the songs were rejected she decided to release them on her own album. 

Now, I have a pretty good memory for rumours but it's the first time I hear this particular rumour. The latest soundtrack rumour I remember was about one of the Twilight soundtracks, since Guy Oseary one of the producer of the films (and I belive of the soundtracks too).

Discuss!

They were rumors and assumptions at the time. But they are just that as far as I know. Nothing has been confirmed.

3 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

While I agree with you, I think it the first time she did some many songs. That probably was because of the Camp thing. But as they said here, the Giver soundtrack was a rumour back then so who knows. 
The Hunger Games, Twilight and 50 Shades soundtracks did really well and it was the first time in years artists were interested in soundtracks so I can see the appeal for Madonna. I mean I find “S.E.X.” a pretty stupid song, but I can see the idea of making a song like that for 50 Shades. 
And I’m discussing this as a “rumour” as I said in the original post, not as a fact 😃

It’s like arguing with a brick wall :laughing:

1 hour ago, tscott said:

Holy Water and Body Shop like to say "hello"!  Also, one can easily interpret Wash All Over Me and Inside Out songs about sex as well.  If anything, Holy Water is blatantly about sex as S.E.X. is on that album. :)

I am not saying other songs are not about sex, but there is a difference if song is about sex and song is explicitly sexual.

Maybe, Donut taste like Holy Water is close to that with all that moaning, but it still has a bit more "pop" sound for me as well, maybe because of samples from Vogue.
Body Shop is rather cute in sound and bit oriental, experimental, minimalistic song. And I like it very much.

Wash All over Me as ballad and Inside Out, I do not really see as sex songs, not saying there are not slightly erotic elements in lyrics, but thats it. 

On the other hand, S.E.X. is ... well, overall sexual, and kind of straight forward song in that. Definitely something that screams to be on 50 Shades OST.

38 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

I am not saying other songs are not about sex, but there is a difference if song is about sex and song is explicitly sexual.

Maybe, Donut taste like Holy Water is close to that with all that moaning, but it still has a bit more "pop" sound for me as well, maybe because of samples from Vogue.
Body Shop is rather cute in sound and bit oriental, experimental, minimalistic song. And I like it very much.

Wash All over Me as ballad and Inside Out, I do not really see as sex songs, not saying there are not slightly erotic elements in lyrics, but thats it. 

On the other hand, S.E.X. is ... well, overall sexual, and kind of straight forward song in that. Definitely something that screams to be on 50 Shades OST.

Thanks for further explaining. :) I agree Body Shop and Wash All Over Me isn't as sexually explicit.  Though I still think Holy Water screams 'sex' as well.

By the way, thank you for the opportunity to show by example that two people can actually have a civil discussion event though they may not agree entirely, yet aren't making it about who is wrong or right.  We all have our opinions, and I respect and appreciate yours and I'm sure you do as mine.  Thank you!  :luv:

37 minutes ago, tscott said:

Thanks for further explaining. :) I agree Body Shop and Wash All Over Me isn't as sexually explicit.  Though I still think Holy Water screams 'sex' as well.

By the way, thank you for the opportunity to show by example that two people can actually have a civil discussion event though they may not agree entirely, yet aren't making it about who is wrong or right.  We all have our opinions, and I respect and appreciate yours and I'm sure you do as mine.  Thank you!  :luv:

Appreciated as well, but not surprised since we had a very cultivated discussion multiple times on this forum already :) I've just recently changed my nickname (previously known as "HC Charge") and profile pic, so you probably didn't recognize me

Just now, maddy1111 said:

Appreciated as well, but not surprised since we had a very cultivated discussion multiple times on this forum already :) I've just recently changed my nickname (previously known as "HC Charge") and profile pic, so you probably didn't recognize me

Ha! I knew there was something familiar about you, but I didn't recognize the name.  Thanks! 

Anyway, I just want to make clear of my intentions because there is one who follows me around the forum, assuming any discussion I have with another as if there is no equal respect of communication.  If you catch my drift?  I just have to laugh at the obsessiveness.  I love lively discussions.  I welcome people who challenge and disagree respectfully.  It's how we learn.  We all are simply offering our opinions. So thank you again. :luv:

5 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Pretty sure some songs were omitted from her compilations because of Something To Remember. Even if it’s a compilation is a particular one, with new songs and songs that never were released on a studio album. And it’s a concept compilation, so Warner still wants to sell it even if it’s an old one. 

'Look I Can Sing'
was the original title

5 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Horrid? The demos were eons better than most of the finalized versions. Even that Joan of Arc performance you love so much was the demo version. :rip:

Ya I guess I wasn't specific enough. Most were meh with a few exceptions. Artistically and lyrically that album was great. Love Game of Thrones Madonna

3 hours ago, madbella said:

I had always understood that her idea with Rebel Heart was a double CD, one of them would be the "Rebel" songs while the second would be tracks from "Heart".

But due the leak and having to release the songs so quickly, the idea was dropped.

No, the idea was dropped from the beginning as Interscope axed it. Nothing to do with the leaks.

11 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

So I was waching the latest live episode of MLVC-The Madonna Podcast where they say that the reason that there were so many tracks recored for Rebel Heart was because Madonna was trying to get some songs on some soundtracks. The "sex songs" were intended for the 50 Shades Of Grey soundtrack and others like Messiah for The Giver soundtrack. Since the songs were rejected she decided to release them on her own album. 

Now, I have a pretty good memory for rumours but it's the first time I hear this particular rumour. The latest soundtrack rumour I remember was about one of the Twilight soundtracks, since Guy Oseary one of the producer of the films (and I belive of the soundtracks too).

Discuss!

It’s the first time I’ve heard all this too

13 hours ago, Chris said:

interscope also rejected the original ARTPOP concept to have an experimental side and a more radio friendly side like this rebel / heart concept

smh

This is why record labels just need to shut up and let the artists do their thing.  Interscope in particular seem to be really bad about letting the suits dictate the art when they need to step away back and let the people who actually have talent lead the way.  I've said it before, and I'll surely say it many more times: Interscope dropped the ball when it came to Madonna in just about every conceivable way.

52 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

This is why record labels just need to shut up and let the artists do their thing.  Interscope in particular seem to be really bad about letting the suits dictate the art when they need to step away back and let the people who actually have talent lead the way.  I've said it before, and I'll surely say it many more times: Interscope dropped the ball when it came to Madonna in just about every conceivable way.

Every artist today has the option to go and release independently on streaming without any label interference. There are very good reasons why someone like Madonna chooses not to do that. It just wouldn’t meet her needs as a major artist. If anything, the deal with live nation/Interscope gave indication of why she needs more label input.

16 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Horrid? The demos were eons better than most of the finalized versions. Even that Joan of Arc performance you love so much was the demo version. :rip:

Wasn’t it originally a scrapped bonus track?? Along with Iconic Pt.2 - so many questions about this album. It was such a mess. I honestly think it had potential to be one of her best 

She was'nt too keen about it when she discussed Rebel Heart this time:

Have you read Fifty Shades of Grey?

Yes, I have. It’s pulp fiction. It’s not very sexy, maybe for someone who has never had sex before. I kept waiting for something exciting and crazy to happen in that red room thing, and I was like, “Hmm, a lot of spanking.” I also thought, “This is so unrealistic because no guy goes down on a girl that much.” I’m sorry, but no one eats p—- as much as the guy in that book.

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Every artist today has the option to go and release independently on streaming without any label interference. There are very good reasons why someone like Madonna chooses not to do that. It just wouldn’t meet her needs as a major artist. If anything, the deal with live nation/Interscope gave indication of why she needs more label input.

There are definitely practical reasons that an artist as large as Madonna has for relying on a major record company, but they need to do things like handling promotion, financial backing for tours, record distribution, things like that.  There's no reason at all for, say, an A&R guy to be able to tell her that she can't present an album like Rebel Heart in any way she chooses to.  Madonna is the gazillion selling artist with a proven track record, not some 20-something guy who has multiple artists to concern himself with in addition to desperately searching for the next...well, the next Madonna.

3 hours ago, EgoRod said:

She was'nt too keen about it when she discussed Rebel Heart this time:

Have you read Fifty Shades of Grey?

Yes, I have. It’s pulp fiction. It’s not very sexy, maybe for someone who has never had sex before. I kept waiting for something exciting and crazy to happen in that red room thing, and I was like, “Hmm, a lot of spanking.” I also thought, “This is so unrealistic because no guy goes down on a girl that much.” I’m sorry, but no one eats p—- as much as the guy in that book.

Maybe she was just angry they rejected her song(s) 😂

This is very “Antonio Banderas comments” on Truth Or Dare 😂