Opening Night: Was she late?? ** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **

adamski1974

Last time she was at the O2 though with Rebel Heart, everyone rocked up thinking she was going to be late and hit the bar. Then you heard the opening montage at just after 9pm.

You have never seen such a camp stampede in all your life.

The O2 has pretty strict curfews nowadays so she is going to have to tread carefully.

Edited by adamski1974 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, scamper said:

On the opening night of the "Drowned world tour" she was late, but half an hour more or less. Not much drama about it, it was the first show and people didn't get upset for that.

I saw her in Milan for DWT and in Rome for Confessions, and both times the show started only 15 minutes after the scheduled start

I think her late starts had something to do either with the intricate stage technology that had to be rigorously tested, or her wanting to take care of her children before she took to the stage.  She had Guy to help out with that prior to S&S. Madame X had further complications with her extensive injuries. 

9 hours ago, adirondak said:

I think her late starts had something to do either with the intricate stage technology that had to be rigorously tested, or her wanting to take care of her children before she took to the stage.  She had Guy to help out with that prior to S&S. Madame X had further complications with her extensive injuries. 

Also she said she often had panic attacks before performing on the MDNA tour 

For all my shows that i saw in my life, i remember only Madame X Tour in Paris 22 was very late when she started at 00:20 …VERY LATE. For the others, Drowned in Milan, Reinvention Paris, Confessions Rome/Amsterdam, Sticky Amsterdam/Rome/Milan, MDNA Amsterdam/Milan and Rebel Heart Paris, always in time or just no more that 30 minutes

Edited by Matte88 (see edit history)

Last time she was at the O2 though with Rebel Heart, everyone rocked up thinking she was going to be late and hit the bar. Then you heard the opening montage at just after 9pm.
You have never seen such a camp stampede in all your life.
The O2 has pretty strict curfews nowadays so she is going to have to tread carefully.
Omg.
This tour will be my first time at the O2. I don't care how long I have to wait for her, I'm staying in my seat at all times. I'll get anxious otherwise, haha

On 10/11/2023 at 1:13 PM, Matte88 said:

For all my shows that i saw in my life, i remember only Madame X Tour in Paris 22 was very late when she started at 00:20 …VERY LATE. For the others, Drowned in Milan, Reinvention Paris, Confessions Rome/Amsterdam, Sticky Amsterdam/Rome/Milan, MDNA Amsterdam/Milan and Rebel Heart Paris, always in time or just no more that 30 minutes

I don't even know how that's legal for a venue? Just covering cost of the overtime must be extreme, she must lose an absolute fortune being late.

I've alway been quite lucky, apart from S&S Wembley Stadium when she overan and they'd closed underground - it was absolute chaos! One of the worst nights ever, I had no idea how to get home - awful experience!

2 hours ago, luluthecat said:

I don't even know how that's legal for a venue? Just covering cost of the overtime must be extreme, she must lose an absolute fortune being late.

I've alway been quite lucky, apart from S&S Wembley Stadium when she overan and they'd closed underground - it was absolute chaos! One of the worst nights ever, I had no idea how to get home - awful experience!

Yeah. I was there that night and got into the underground just in time before they closed the gates. There were 1000s behind us. The backlash from that night was bad!