The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Yes her vocals on the WTG weren't outstanding all the time but it's the only tour during which she sang all the songs 100% live, plus she did a lot of heavy dance routines so I really appreciate this tour from the bottom of my heart, it's still one of my favorites (for a number of reasons)

23 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Even with the backing tracks you can clearly hear her singing live over it. And songs like Bad Girl or I will survive for example does not have backing tracks, maybe some backing vocals but thats it, and she sounds great. Even when she sang little star accapella she sounded great. 

Actually Bad Girl does have a backing track, but I agree she is singing live to that song.  And I agree the times you can really hear her vocals, she sounds great. For instance, you could hear her singing live on Ray of Light which is one song I would think for sure she would have relied more on a backing track, but she definitely was singing live to that. 

6 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Never? I get a more serious vibe from the Re-Invention Tour and Rebel Heart performances. "True Blue" still gets regular radio airplay.

Material Girl on ReInvention was so dour and miserable. The way she kept shrieking “not reallyyyyy” after she sang “I am a material girl”. Ok lady we get it. 🙄

Just now, McDonna said:

Actually Bad Girl does have a backing track, but I agree she is singing live to that song.  And I agree the times you can really hear her vocals, she sounds great. For instance, you could hear her singing live on Ray of Light which is one song I would think for sure she would have relied more on a backing track, but she definitely was singing live to that. 

Doesn't Ray of Light have a backing track? I didn't see much of this performance so far

3 minutes ago, scion said:

Not very good? She sounded superb. Lucky Star sounded even better and is her gutsiest pop vocal to this day.

1 minute ago, True Blue 84 said:

Not verry good? ... I love her raw vocals on that tour,  they sound so strong and clear... and that opening is iconic 

Let me rephrase: "not the live performance I consider her best, by far". If you enjoy it, good for you.

Just now, MikeyK said:

Material Girl on ReInvention was so dour and miserable. The way she kept shrieking “not reallyyyyy” after she sang “I am a material girl”. Ok lady we get it. 🙄

I need to take advantage to say I'm so happy MG isn't on this tour, I never liked the performances she did to this track

3 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

I kinda liked it on that tour better than any on any other, but still, yuck.

1 minute ago, ErickInTheZone said:

I need to take advantage to say I'm so happy MG isn't on this tour, I never liked the performances she did to this track

I never really liked the song.

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

I can hear her sing on almost every song, backing track or not. And yes on some you hear it better than on others.  But i think none of them are 100% lipped. And i realy don't hear any backing track on Bad Girl, like a prayer, la isla bonita, i will survive, Don't tell me, maybe some backing vocals, but every song have back vocals, its not the same as a backing track, wich means a track is playing along, even if the artist doesn't sing at parts.  

3 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

Doesn't Ray of Light have a backing track? I didn't see much of this performance so far

Yeah, she's singing over the backing track, but you can hear her singing.  Again, a lot of these backing tracks seems to be a way to elevate her live vocals more.  I believe she was singing much of NRM live, but you can hear she was singing along with a backing track which at times was louder than her own vocals.  The same with Everybody.

I can hear her sing on almost every song, backing track or not. And yes on some you hear it better than on others.  But i think none of them are 100% lipped. And i realy don't hear any backing track on Bad Girl, like a prayer, la isla bonita, i will survive, Don't tell me, maybe some backing vocals, but every song have back vocals, its not the same as a backing track, wich means a track is playing along, even if the artist doesn't sing at parts.  

Yes, even during Erotica you can hear a few live vocals

8 hours ago, Lucas B. said:

I really hope she adds a few more dates and bring the tour to Brazil, I need to see her live (as I was underage by the time of Sticky and MDNA I wasn't able to go to the shows since my parents thought it was a waste of money).

I was thinking of seeing her in Lisbon or some other place, but that's seems very unlikely due to work and I'm almost sure they wouldn't give me 3 days off (especially due to the fact i'm the only one on the night shift)

Eu também espero, amigo.

She lips Erotica and Justify My Love, but there are parts of Erotica that I believe she's singing live such as the YOU THRILL Me lyrics.

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

Yeah, she's singing over the backing track, but you can hear her singing.  Again, a lot of these backing tracks seems to be a way to elevate her live vocals more.  I believe she was singing much of NRM live, but you can hear she was singing along with a backing track which at times was louder than her own vocals.  The same with Everybody.

Yes, and I think it was a very wise choice to have a backing track during the first number. NRM is a bit hard to sing I believe

Bad Girl has the original studio vocals playing. Don't Tell Me also.

Just now, McDonna said:

Like say, a real backing singer?

I'm surprised that there wasn't any Hard Candy representation on the setlist. Candy Shop or Give It 2 Me could've been mashed-up with some songs but I don't know which ones.

EDIT: I read through and heard that Frozen was Replaced by Rain and Oh Father, Sorry and Hold Tight were cut which is interesting to me and Back That Up, Candy Shop and 4 Minutes.

5 minutes ago, scion said:

Like say, a real backing singer?

This true, but there are songs you clearly hear her singing over the original recordings/playback.  

Again, it's not a big deal for me, but those saying she's not relying heavily on a vocal backing track with majority of the show are lying to themselves.  There are times, you can clearly hear her live vocals and then at times the backing tracks over takes her vocals at times. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)