The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

3 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Not based in the information shared. Those could be with the Human Nature CFY bit?

Yeah the lyrics to oh father sort of fit in with the Patriarchal police brutality section actually. Then Hold Tight as maybe a self call to arms.

I honestly believe the Crazy For You bit is an absolute dig at Something To Remember ballad hell period she was forced to do. Sort of like the when women go into compliance mode as an act of survival when being Sexually assaulted. It fits the theme and would seem very Madonna.

It seems so out of context.

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Even the music of Take A Bow would have been camp as tits. its a bit more happy music that POG with Madonna just singing

"The show is over say goodbye"

//fireworks //

//black out //

a bit like the end of The Girlie Show

The Power Of Good-Bye was part of the rehearsed songs from May. It was allegedly somewhere close to the end.

3 minutes ago, stefo said:

It actually felt like an outro since the first view, it's like the bow moment, she says goodnight and the dancers (wich are all the performing cast) turning around her got their applause and leave the stage.

For me this could work, as the Bob intro she seems to have chosen a more informal, low key kind of attitude about the theatrics of beginning and closing. One of the very few problems of this show is the last number honestly, I understand and like the drags in her career costumes but the number itself doesn't work as it could have imo, for the sloppy coreo (it's boring), the song choice and the lack of a proper musical climax. Such of a show would have deserved a proper ending, The power of goodbye would have been awesome, but kind of too melancholy maybe, especially if surrounded by her old images.

This is what I'm talking about. We are here celebrating 40 years of an incredible career with a setlist that most of us could only dream of, everything is mindblowing, that until we get to the end. People are suppose to leave on a high, not ask eachother 'that's it'? I simply don't get how they couldn't think of something a bit better than this?

Just now, steady75 said:

Yeah the lyrics to oh father sort of fit in with the Patriarchal police brutality section actually. Then Hold Tight as maybe a self call to arms.

I honestly believe the Crazy For You bit is an absolute dig at Something To Remember ballad hell period she was forces to do. Sort of like the when women go into compliance mode as an act of survival when being Sexually assaulted. It fits the theme and would seem very Madonna.

Human Nature was absolutely pointless in that segment to be honest. I find it so strange to hear her sing Crazy For You to her Dominatrix self.

Maybe she wants to talk about how obsessed she is with Human Nature. 💀😂

1 minute ago, steady75 said:

Probably Frozen / Power Of Goodbye like the album 

"You're frozen when your hearts not open"

"Your heart is not open" etc

Yeah that’s what I‘m thinking as well.

To be honest, as strange as the setlist is at parts, I just cannot complain about it. The show literally starts with the two songs I've been BEGGING her to perform since 2008.

I had already given up any hope to ever hear Bad Girl live and here it is…there are a few songs that I wouldn’t mind being exchanged as the tour goes on and I think she might actually do exactly that.

Still, this tour is fantastic imo.

11 minutes ago, Lorx said:

She had already rehearsed La Isla Bonita months before, even before she faced a serious health situation. I had information about the setlist in May, and LIB was on it.

That's new to me! It was never talked to me and I never had any setlist which had that song on it. Especially back in June, July, August etc. la Isla was definitely not there. But I believe you as we could confirm eachother in other info and we might have heard different things!

About Rain I like the arrangement and originally it was rehearsed in its entirety right before leaving for the UK, like 3-4 weeks ago, I was told that Madonna would do the 'spoken' on the bridge live but then it was cut to the mix we have now.

Yeah from those clips it looks like the ending wasn't rushed or cut but that's actually it. messy as hell but she's smiling and happy and that's what counts. 

The problem here is that for a greatest hits show you need to go out on three of your absolute classics to leave the locals in shock and awe.

Rain / Bitch / Celebration aren't those songs.

Move Hung Up add Material Girl, Music and finish with your credo... your self empowerment anthem  Express Yourself and leave them gagged and gooped.

But yeah still great

That’s why I was hoping thinking expecting one very big medley of all the bangers that she would t feel like doing, having all the dancers in her old costumes actually works perfect that way. Imagine a show this captivating and then being remembered during the final medley of all the hits we hadn’t heard yet. And then ending in one verse and or chorus of celebration solo

The video of this amazing performance gives me the chance to share another thought: in this show the coreos are amazing and very very artistic when it comes to the dancers group, from Like a Prayer to this one to The beast within and also Ray of Light. 

I think that about her they have been less creative, there are very good moments wich include her in the moves without being too demanding though, like Die another day, Hung up, Don't tell me.

14 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

That's new to me! It was never talked to me and I never had any setlist which had that song on it. Especially back in June, July, August etc. la Isla was definitely not there. But I believe you as we could confirm eachother in other info and we might have heard different things!

About Rain I like the arrangement and originally it was rehearsed in its entirety right before leaving for the UK, like 3-4 weeks ago, I was told that Madonna would do the 'spoken' on the bridge live but then it was cut to the mix we have now.

I received some information in April and May, but after that, there was no further communication with this guy I know (he's an old friend of mine).
Initially, I was informed that during the rehearsals, the plan was to open the show with Celebration, followed by Nothing Really Matters with Frozen and The Power Of Goodbye as encore/closing song.

I believe these details to be accurate as I had been provided with a list of the songs that were being practiced, which aligned with the final setlist and the information shared by DrownedMadonna.
La Isla Bonita was there, for sure.

However, in May, I was informed that the opening song had been changed to Nothing Really Matters, and the closing songs would now be BIM and Celebration. I received a list of the songs that were being rehearsed, but I didn't hear anything more about The Power Of Goodbye, it was there after Frozen, followed by Like A Virgin, Bitch I'm Madonna + Celebration. Then I think TPOG, as well as other songs, was cut off.

I knew nothing about Rain.

3 hours ago, DiegoLCL said:

Having watched the show yesterday and a lot of videos I'm inclined to say that this is one of the best tours, I don't understand people complaining about the narrative, I think it's great and clear.

I think the complaints about the missing narrative are based on the fact that at the beginning the show seems to run chronologically through her career, but then it doesn't. It sounds like she is going to talk to the crowd about different times of her life, but then she doesn't. Bob looks like he is going to glue the show together and kind of introduce each act to the audience, but then he doesn't. It just goes from random NY speech to political statement to dominatrix to ballad to country girl to party time with no link whatsoever.

21 minutes ago, IconicQueen said:

This is what I'm talking about. We are here celebrating 40 years of an incredible career with a setlist that most of us could only dream of, everything is mindblowing, that until we get to the end. People are suppose to leave on a high, not ask eachother 'that's it'? I simply don't get how they couldn't think of something a bit better than this?

I think is could easily be achieved by moving things around a little. I must admit that I find the first segment a little weird. NRM sets a beautifully mystic tone which isn't picked up. Instead, she leaved after just one song for a costume change only to come out again and perform some of her biggest classics from the 80s.

I'd say by moving the BS–ROL–Rain-section to the front right after NRM and moving Everybody—ITG–OYH–Holiday to the end (between BIM and Celebration), she'd solve the issue by creating a much better flow musically and by having the biggest party hits right at the end.

1 minute ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

I think is could easily be achieved by moving things around a little. I must admit that I find the first segment a little weird. NRM sets a beautifully mystic tone which isn't picked up. Instead, she leaved after just one song for a costume change only to come out again and perform some of her biggest classics from the 80s.

I'd say by moving the BS–ROL–Rain-section to the front right after NRM and moving Everybody—ITG–OYH–Holiday to the end (between BIM and Celebration), she'd solve the issue by creating a much better flow musically and by having the biggest party hits right at the end.

Totally agree with you

8 minutes ago, Lorx said:

I received some information in April and May, but after that, there was no further communication with this guy I know (he's an old friend of mine).
Initially, I was informed that during the rehearsals, the plan was to open the show with Celebration, followed by Nothing Really Matters with Frozen and The Power Of Goodbye as encore/closing song.

I believe these details to be accurate as I had been provided with a list of the songs that were being practiced, which aligned with the final setlist and the information shared by DrownedMadonna.
La Isla Bonita was there, for sure.

However, in May, I was informed that the opening song had been changed to Nothing Really Matters, and the closing songs would now be BIM and Celebration. I received a list of the songs that were being rehearsed, but I didn't hear anything more about The Power Of Goodbye, it was there after Frozen, followed by Like A Virgin, Bitch I'm Madonna + Celebration. Then I think TPOG, as well as other songs, was cut off.

I knew nothing about Rain.

Sounds pretty accurate, thank you! Yes what you said about TPOG is correct, was later removed as Madonna just was not feeling it.

They also suggested Madonna to keep Nothing Really Matters as the finale and leave Everybody as the opener but that didn't land. :kiss2:

With rehearsals, many songs were cut off, just like that Act I was talking about with Music, Candy Shop etc. Frozen was indeed where Rain is now, as Madonna rehearsed Rain (I believe for the first time) before leaving to the UK a few times, so it's something fresh. When I and Giampiero found out about it, we couldn't believe our eyes. Lol

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)