The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

I'd prefer Rain to remain in place as well. I do wish she'd add the bridge and a light cue for it; that would really take it over the top. If she were to replace it with Frozen, I hope it's that original idea we heard about. Wasn't she supposed to wear some big dress/cape while going up on a platform or sth? (altho even in that scenario, I'd rather keep Rain re: "stand out here on the mountain top..")

1 hour ago, milotjuh said:

I'd prefer Rain to remain in place as well. I do wish she'd add the bridge and a light cue for it; that would really take it over the top. If she were to replace it with Frozen, I hope it's that original idea we heard about. Wasn't she supposed to wear some big dress/cape while going up on a platform or sth? (altho even in that scenario, I'd rather keep Rain re: "stand out here on the mountain top..")

Like you, I prefer she keep "Rain" as well.  "Frozen" has had many tours, Rain hasn't.  I also would love to hear that bridge too. 

10 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Rain is the song for this tour - and for that particular moment in the show.

Bedtime Story is M transitioning away from the Erotica era. Ray of Light is her reawakening, her light, her children… and then in Rain she sings about the overflowing love that this stage of her life gave her. Love coming down like rain. Full circle. Frozen would completely change the message of that section of the show - and it’s been performed loads already. 

love your vision for this tour but M make so much iconic songs and so important, that im sure everyone here, have 2 o 3 songs who are out from the Celebration, who would like to see in the tour.... 

Amazing view from Bedtime Stories going into Ray of Light in Ziggo Dome Amsterdam Dec 2 ( the date i went) this is my 2nd favorite performance from the tour it's soooo iconic 

And Ray of Light Amsterdam Ziggo Dome  Dec 2 from the back, iconic 

I read somewhere in this topic, she cut Music and Four MInutes due to her health problems. I hope she incorporates those songs in the American Leg. 

And I agree with some other commentaries here: she should switch Rain for Frozen and vice-versa in some dates. Both songs are classic hit and amazing. 

And the last thing: The Tour Book for sale. 

2 hours ago, lap said:

I read somewhere in this topic, she cut Music and Four MInutes due to her health problems. I hope she incorporates those songs in the American Leg. 

And I agree with some other commentaries here: she should switch Rain for Frozen and vice-versa in some dates. Both songs are classic hit and amazing. 

And the last thing: The Tour Book for sale. 

I hope she adds some surprises, Music and Frozen have been done a lot so l hope not them. But unlikely to see much change. Take a bow should be there and beautiful stranger would be welcome

Hope we do get a tour book. the mind boggles at the missed opportunities for multi media around this tour as a greatest hits and celebration of Madonna history. They have not even posted to YT in 7 months, from streaming view Madonna does not exist as a visual artist.

More Celebration Tour merch now available online!

Madonna has wrapped the European leg of The Celebration Tour with two extra sold out shows in London last week and will perform her first US show in Brooklyn this Wednesday!

Her official store has just been updated with items previously available on merch stands only, including the replica of her 1986 “Italians Do It Better” tee, the “Absolutely No Regrets” one featuring an iconic Jean-Baptiste Mondino photo on the front, an exclusive True Blue artwork shirt created by David Bailey Ross, Boy Toy socks, vintage accessories and more!

Also available for pre-order are the upcoming Lucid Hoodie and Sweatpants, featuring art from the Bedtime Story video and some of the most famous Madonna logos from the past four decades.

https://shop.madonna.com/?utm_source=Campaigner&utm_campaign=MoreCelebrationTourmerch_20231210&cmp=1&utm_medium=email

9 hours ago, Kieran said:

Rain is the song for this tour - and for that particular moment in the show.

Bedtime Story is M transitioning away from the Erotica era. Ray of Light is her reawakening, her light, her children… and then in Rain she sings about the overflowing love that this stage of her life gave her. Love coming down like rain. Full circle. Frozen would completely change the message of that section of the show - and it’s been performed loads already. 

Totally agree. Rather doing a typical "Greatest Hits" tour (which she does include many still), she went beyond than just what hit songs she had.  She looked at her whole career, including her iconic visuals, costumes, attitude, messages, etc.  I really can't complain about the set-list. Of course as hard core fans we want to see other hits representated, but I think she really balance it out with this tour. Even many songs she doesn't sing (or in full) are still represented in some way.  While I suspect Frozen was considered during the time is Rain is performed, I think she realized Rain was a better choice to represent the message she was going for as you put it. I feel the visuals on the screen are purposely used to always pay respect to Frozen as well, just like the random visuals or costumes we see throughout the show that pays tribute to some of her iconic looks, songs and visuals.  Honestly, the show is fine the way it is.  I do think Causing A Commotion could have worked on the regular set list being she spent her whole career doing such. This is why I think she spits out a few lines earlier in the show.  It goes well with her first speech as well. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)