The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

50 minutes ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

Live with Kelly and Mark talking about how much they enjoyed the show from last night or the night before not sure which one. She is wearing a Madonna tee https://livewithkellyandmark.com/guide/january-23-2024/

Kelly is a huge stan!  She's loved her way before she was famous herself.  The few times Madonna has been on "Live", she's always an awe!  Love Kelly!

28 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

David sings solo :)

This is so awesome.  The few times I've heard him sing in Madonna social media videos, I wasn't sold that he was good at singing, but here he sounds great!  What a great moment this is!!

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

So who were the nurses she was talking about in her speech last night? I can’t remember if she said their names or not.

https://pride.org/champions/ellen-matzer/

https://pride.org/champions/valery-hughes/

https://www.amazon.com/Nurses-Inside-Stories-AIDS-Epidemic-ebook/dp/B07QPG9HSL

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

So who were the nurses she was talking about in her speech last night? I can’t remember if she said their names or not.

According to the AIDS Memorial post on instagram,  Ellen Matzer and Valery Hughes 
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2eG_E2Iis9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

@McDonna I will respect your silent decision and go back with putting you to the ignore list and also with never going back to this thread. You deserve to be respected as the veteran and profilic member you are. My time commenting this tour has also just ended as well; I confess I was hypnotized by Waiting T-shirt and made a stupid decision that would no benefit any part here. I admit I was just fool to believe things could be go back to as they were after I told what I saw here. As my sister says to me, "you're not an endlessly believer in love; ACCEPT THAT YOU'RE JUST A FOOL."

I allow myself, however, to do here a last comment, that only the people who have read some of previous posts here will get.

WHAT A GLORIOUS TIME TO BE ABSTEMIOUS!!!

Farewell again (and for real).

33 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

@McDonna I will respect your silent decision and go back with putting you to the ignore list and also with never going back to this thread. You deserve to be respected as the veteran and profilic member you are. My time commenting this tour has also just ended as well; I confess I was hypnotized by Waiting T-shirt and made a stupid decision that would no benefit any part here. I admit I was just fool to believe things could be go back to as they were after I told what I saw here. As my sister says to me, "you're not an endlessly believer in love; ACCEPT THAT YOU'RE JUST A FOOL."

I allow myself, however, to do here a last comment, that only the people who have read some of previous posts here will get.

WHAT A GLORIOUS TIME TO BE ABSTEMIOUS!!!

Farewell again (and for real).

Once again, you are being HIGHLY dramatic.  I didn't ask you to ignore me or anyone.  No one asked you to leave this thread.  You were simply asked to stop derailing this topic and not call people out to inform them of your personal issues with them.  By doing so, you're just causing "unnecessary drama". Just as you have now. 

The topic is about the Celebration Tour!  It's not your private messenger system nor a place to air out your personal grievances with others. I asked nicely then and I am asking nicely now!  Be respectful.  It's that simple!  Please and thank you! :)

On 1/23/2024 at 1:36 AM, DontTemptMe26 said:

20240123_011845.jpg

I love it! Finally a worthwhile guest. So many memories, so many scenes come to mind when I see Madonna and Jose together. Although I always wondered why José wasn't one of her dancers on the Girlie Show. Anyway. I hope Madonna continues to surprise us with more unexpected guests because that's what this segment of the show is about: that we all have our mouths open when we see a certain guest and not wonder who the hell he/she is, as has already happened several times.

16 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

So she invited Real life miss piggy on stage ? So she did not really read James Baldwin or did not understand him. Frankly she should stop calling herself a freedom fighter because she's not. She chose to stay silent during a genocide and not use her voice and plateforms to call for a ceasefire. She's just a poser. 

Oh my God! What did I just read? Did this person say Miss Piggy to an overweight woman?

It is incredible that in the middle of 2024 there are still people so narrow-minded that they continue to make fun of overweight people by giving them such despicable nicknames as Miss Piggy, Babe, Porky or whatever in order to make them feel bad about their physical appearance. And it is not only to defend Amy but also all overweight people who will undoubtedly have their susceptibility affected by reading such an unpleasant comment.

@McDonna I ask you please, as the creator of this topic, to delete this unpleasant comment because by not doing so you are becoming an accomplice of this deplorable attitude. Let's remember that Madonna has always condemned discrimination of any kind and as fans we should be more consistent about it. And let's also remember that offending others no longer constitutes freedom of expression, rather it is licentiousness of expression and as such deserves to be repressed.

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

After seeing the show twice now, I found the MJ interlude a bit unneeded? It ran too long, and I feel like its position in the show is too late. It should have been earlier and not tacked in at the end.

Yeah I feel you but you can also tell the first timers really love it. I think it’s sweet she tributes Prince and MJ heavily, they were here cohort for so long.

That was a funny part of being in the fancy section last night is I knew when sitting was most appropriate and not, you can tell they set things up so you would have to stand back up after a minute or two anyway.

I'm going to guess that LAV was one of those songs she was obligated to include in some way, whether it was a guarantee to promoters or if anything since it's a greatest hits tour. David has shown his MJ dance skills in her past Instagram posts and she'd historically mixed one line from BJ into the Virgin Tour version so it made sense to shoehorn both elements it into an interlude.

Edited by Magic Pussy (see edit history)