The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

34 minutes ago, Lorx said:

I've never heard "great" vocals on this tour.

I've heard some decent or fair performances, yes.

I've spoken highly of the show, and you and I have even discussed it recently. The show is beautiful. Of course, I do recognize that her voice is not in good shape at all. Fortunately, she compensates with backing vocals, autotune, and when you watch the show, your ears certainly don't bleed. In fact, live, you might even notice it less than in videos.

In my opinion, EY almost never sounds "very good", she sounds good in the chorus and bad in the verses. In Will Survive, however, sometimes she devilered a good performance, other times not so much. Sodade was sung quite well and I liked it, as did Little Star.

This Used To Be My Playground, not so much.

By singing with a bad technique her voice is getting tired too.

Beyond any single performance, you can tell her voice isn't in shape. It's been like this in the last 5 years. I don't know if something happened to her, but I think she's no longer as interested in singing as she was in the early 2000s.

Imho, something like this performance would have never happened to her fifteen years ago; the reason is that she simply no longer cares about being a singer, but more of a performer. She doesn't believe in her voice potential. But I still love her just the same.

It was an emotional performance ❤️ Live, it was even more so. But I think she would never do it again; she would need to rehearse it well and also have an instrumental backing. But we already have this performance, I would rather something new. Oh Father, maybe... 🥺

39 minutes ago, Lorx said:

I've never heard "great" vocals on this tour.

I've heard some decent or fair performances, yes.

I've spoken highly of the show, and you and I have even discussed it recently. The show is beautiful. Of course, I do recognize that her voice is not in good shape at all. Fortunately, she compensates with backing vocals, autotune, and when you watch the show, your ears certainly don't bleed. In fact, live, you might even notice it less than in videos.

In my opinion, EY almost never sounds "very good", she sounds good in the chorus and bad in the verses. In Will Survive, however, sometimes she devilered a good performance, other times not so much. Sodade was sung quite well and I liked it, as did Little Star.

This Used To Be My Playground, not so much.

By singing with a bad technique her voice is getting tired too.

Beyond any single performance, you can tell her voice isn't in shape. It's been like this in the last 5 years. I don't know if something happened to her, but I think she's no longer as interested in singing as she was in the early 2000s.

Imho, something like this performance would have never happened to her fifteen years ago; the reason is that she simply no longer cares about being a singer, but more of a performer. She doesn't believe in her voice potential. But I still love her just the same.

It was an emotional performance ❤️ Live, it was even more so. But I think she would never do it again; she would need to rehearse it well and also have an instrumental backing. But we already have this performance, I would rather something new. Oh Father, maybe... 🥺

I don't agree at all, she's not a vocalist, she's an entertainer. And for someone her age, doing this kind of shows, she doesn't sound bad at all. And yes we discussed this before and i still think you should put your energie in artists who just stand there with perfect vocals every night. Madonna will never be that kind of artist. Your to nitpicking when it comes to vocals. She was never a Mariah or Whitney vocally. But again, if you take in mind her age and the kind of show she doesn't sound bad at all. Even critics disagree with you mostly...

And about the backing vocals, have you even watched video's? We got so many video's that proof that the backing tracks aren't even that loud. And they are not just backing tracks, they are ment to blend in with her live vocals because there are no background vocalists this tour. And so many singers today use autotune, you still have to be able to sing, even with autotune because if your horrible autotune can make it even worse. And the little accapella parts sounds fine. We will never agree on this subject, but it's anoying that 90% of your comments are about how bad she sounds in your opinion and i will always say how i feel about that. And sure when she's horrible i will definitely admit ( take a bow) but im not nitpicking every performance vocally because she sounds fine most of the time this tour. Give her a break, let's see Elton John doing this much moving and singing live 😉... 

And I posted many video's over the past few months where she sounds good, it's nice to comment on one of those once in a while..

But no hate. Last time you where actually verry sweet... 

Just now, scallywally said:

Ive heard Mariah and Whitney sound worse, believe me. 

Exactly... So many of her older peers sound worse with just standing there. Madonna sounds fine giving this kind of show at that age. Is it always perfect? No.. Is it always bad? No... 

And some people act like the backing tracks covering her vocals wich is clearly not the case here. They are meant to be blended in with her live vocals because there are no background vocalists, the backing tracks are her background singers. And we got so many proof allready that mostley they are not even that loud. I think people should get better audio devices on here because i can perfectly tell the difference between her live vocals and the vocals on the backing tracks...

10 minutes ago, Lucky90210 said:

It's fine. You are all being dramatic.

Thank you thank you thank you! As I scroll down with my WTFs loaded and ready....

This is Madonna LIVE, whether it's The Celebration Tour or The Virgin Tour, this is Madonna LIVE. Not every show on every tour will be the same or check the boxes of whatever stream of key performance indicators and litany of critiques whomever is/are concerned about.  The only constant we can, gratefully, be certain of is her presence,. Thank God for that.

Like, seriously people, if y'all complained this much sitting next to me at her show, I don't think I'd be the only one to emphatically respond in unison with a polite STFU! lol.

I remember when I was a kid and my Mom surprised me with The Virgin Tour VHS. I didn't even know it existed, I was only 7. I asked why Madonna sounded different. My Mom answered, very matter-of-fact, "That's Madonna LIVE."

I loved it then and I still do now. She sounded like the fierce ladies in my family. She even did a shout out to her Grandma and my Grandma would get the biggest kick out of that. Last night she did Take A Bow and, maybe she was feeling the song, maybe she was feeling this mood or that mood, maybe St. Paul didn't deserve Rain because they were bitching about her coming on at 10:15 and 78-80 degrees is too hot for people coming into the arena from an outside temperature of 27 degrees/feels like 25 degrees. :thinker: I know what it would sound like if I were channeling THAT energy. :Madonna034: Whatever the case may be, that's Madonna LIVE.

:om:

Yes also people have different quality phones too, cant just listen to a clip of the night and say thats how she is. After being a couple of times she sounds so much better live. (Im not including her singing TAB, not heard her do that). I mean different nights along the tour listening to a clip and making your mind up. You should go live. 

1 minute ago, scallywally said:

Yes also people have different quality phones too, cant just listen to a clip of the night and say thats how she is. After being a couple of times she sounds so much better live. (Im not including her singing TAB, not heard her do that). 

Yep. If I moved my phone the overall sound would get a little shifty. Frequency phasing whether I'm at the show or in my living room.

Now back to my day, lol. Happy Valentine's Day peeps :)

:iw:

I think i told you this already but yes I've seen Mariah live in Berlin in 2018 and believe me when I say i enjoyed Madonnas vocals much more than hers. You could hear her struggling with her nodules while Madonna still sounds like herself and so soothing. 

I think some of us are way too hard on M. Her voice is still in a great shape imo. 

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

Should we take bets on what songs she'll do next? Let's look at the possibilities that would match the outfit/visuals:

This Used To Be My Playground 

I'll Remember 

The Power of Goodbye 

Drowned World 

Ghosttown (imagine a mashup with either Frozen or Rain) :suffer:

The Look of Love please 🙂

10 minutes ago, sara94 said:

I think i told you this already but yes I've seen Mariah live in Berlin in 2018 and believe me when I say i enjoyed Madonnas vocals much more than hers. You could hear her struggling with her nodules while Madonna still sounds like herself and so soothing. 

I think some of us are way too hard on M. Her voice is still in a great shape imo. 

I agree 100%

For that kind of show she sounds fine, considered her age. As i said before, lets see Elton, Diana, Mariah, doing the Celebration Tour and singing live...

17 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Same, Whitey's last (RIP) tour was a complete disaster. You could tell the audience were so upset, not just over the OK terrible melting sad voice she had (Its was also half empty) but WHO TOLD HER TO GO ON TOUR????  I wish my last memory of her wasnt that, she was such an incredible artist. It just seemed like a travelling exploitive zoo. Horrid to witness.  (Still love you Whitney girl!!!). I hope ive put that without not putting her down, I loved her... She shouldtve been allowed to ruin her legacy. When youre known as a voice and not the art, the writing the perforrmance ect just the voice then there isnt one.. its sad to see :frown: