The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Just now, madgefan said:

Madonna never had a great voice. It's been about 40 years people... where is your reality check? What is pretty interesting about her is that A LOT of people are willing to pay HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of dollars to see her perform live.

Speaking like a true fan, wow. You should be ashamed of yourself

5 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

"Knowing not everyone enjoys my input"

That's because you only pop up here once in a while when there is a performance with really bad vocals. Telling everyone how your the expert 😅...

Ha ha!  My thought exactly.  He's welcome to his OPINION, but it's funny the only time he really shows up to say something is when it's to criticize and complain!  :Madonna040:

3 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Madonna never had a great voice. It's been about 40 years people... where is your reality check? What is pretty interesting about her is that A LOT of people are willing to pay HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of dollars to see her perform live.

For me, personally, Madonna has the greatest voice ever. No other artist, no matter how many octaves he has, has provoked so many and so intense emotions. So I respectfully disagree.

11 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Happy to accept that and hope I get the chance to save up and see her again one day. 

10 minutes ago, Salida said:

For me, personally, Madonna has the greatest voice ever. No other artist, no matter how many octaves he has, has provoked so many and so intense emotions. So I respectfully disagree.

I think what most fans can admit is Madonna doesn't have a "great voice" in regards to some other singers who can sing the phone book live.  But like you mention, what Madonna lacks in vocal quality, she makes up in how she emotes her songs.  But at the same time, all these comparisons seem silly to me because NO ONE can sing perfect all the time. Even the greats have bum notes and bad nights.  Even still, I know a lot of artists/bands who just sound awful live (compared to their records), but you still can have a hell of a time because not everyone is expecting stellar vocals. I think we just need to stop trying to hold Madonna up to these high vocal standards when she really hasn't ever proven to be the greatest vocalist in the first place.  At the same time, she's been doing this for 40 years. I see people who came before her and even came up during the time she emerged, and they are doing small venues, state fairs, with very little producton behind them. That's fine, but then we have Madonna who is still attracting huge crowds with these huge production numbers and more than not still sounds pretty decent singing the songs. Not only that, people are willing to pay thousands of dollars to see her.  If you're going to a live Madonna concert because you are expecting stellar vocals, then you are at the wrong concert. 

10 minutes ago, madgefan said:

She may not be one of the greatest "singers" but her singing voice is music to my ears.

21 minutes ago, sara94 said:

You know what it really means a true fan?? A person that loves the artist BUT at the same time has a point of view, recognizing good and bad (personal taste of course).

why he should be ashamed?? Just because he said what he thinks??? Even M before Evita doesn’t really care about her voice…she even joked about it during BAT, so calm down.

be a FAN & not a FANATIC 

5 minutes ago, scallywally said:

There are years of great vocal performances over the years though, too many to mention.  I embrace it all as a whole. Her bad days are less than so many others. Didnt we all fall in love with her BAT croak voice?? Its the presentation and artistry not the opera.

This 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

nobody ever say Dave Gahan's live voice is horrible and yet it is. 

to sing a ballad so close to the end of the show was not a good choice for the voice, especially after Ray of light. They also could have remixed the song to make it sound less karaoke like. I keep in mind what Orbit said about her having lost something like half of her hearing because of touring since she sometimes sounds like she does not hear herself. 

A stuart rework of Love Song with Prince Voice as a virtual duet would have been better imo.

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

That too. It is pretty clear her voice doesn’t have the same strength as the last tour.

The last tour was largely formed with pre-recorded vocals that were lip synched to. It wasn't even a case of singing over a backing track on many songs, it''s clear from every audio of the Madame X tour that the show was very heavy on playback with some songs featuring live vocals and some songs not featuring any at all. Absolute pile of crap musically. Imagine doing a theatre show with no genuine live instruments, and bringing a brilliant choir on tour with you that don't have their mics switched on. Dreadful. I pretend that tour doesn't exist.

3 hours ago, Frankito said:

I also got Secret and ghosttown, and Who's that girl and Don't tell me on another show. Secret is always a good choice, I love it. I was so happy the first time I heard it live on the DWT.

For me I got Open Your Heart, Who's That Girl and Ghostown. We almost got Secret but M had banged her head under the stage and couldn't play the guitar 🧐

2 hours ago, scallywally said:

Which shows did you go to the last 5 years??  Plus of course her voice range and muscles were not going to be great going on tour so soon. Were not deluded, shes doing beyond expectations. 

To be fair I don't think you need to go to any show to hear that her voice isn't superb. However for me she sounds better than she did on MDNA and Sticky when you can actually hear her.

1 hour ago, sara94 said:

I think i told you this already but yes I've seen Mariah live in Berlin in 2018 and believe me when I say i enjoyed Madonnas vocals much more than hers. You could hear her struggling with her nodules while Madonna still sounds like herself and so soothing. 

I think some of us are way too hard on M. Her voice is still in a great shape imo. 

Her voice hasn't been in great shape since 2004. 

She sounds passable at best, which is fine, shes 65 and dancing.

29 minutes ago, sara94 said:

No he shouldn't. He isn't wrong.

7 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

nobody ever say Dave Gahan's live voice is horrible and yet is. 

to sing a ballad so close to the end of the show was not a good choice for the voice, especially after Ray of light. They also could have remixed the song to make it sound less karaoke like. I keep in mind what Orbit said about her having lost something like half of her hearing because of touring since she sometimes sounds like she does not hear herself. 

A stuart rework of Love Song with Prince Voice as a virtual duet would have been better imo.

The thing is; I've listen to her Take A Bow performance and it's not that bad. Some people are being so over-dramatic.  Of course, it's not perfect.  She's just singing along with the backing track, but it's not even that bad.  Not only that, most here are judging it from a poor quality video.  It's so weird to hear some moan about her vocals when she's never been known to sing this song well in the first place.  It's a pretty difficult song to sing as it is. It's just strange how some moan about her not singing certain songs and when she does, then they pick it apart and complain about it.  There is no doubt if she ever sings "I'll Remember" live, her vocals won't sound too great on that either.  But who the fuck cares?  She's singing it.  Enjoy it for what it is!!

1 hour ago, sara94 said:

And while we are talking about her vocals, she sounds really amazing here. The mic is ON while she's slaying the choreo. 

Lets talk about performances like this a couple of pages long...

Oh wait.... that's not interesting enough because she doesn't sound bad in this one.

Only bad performances gets 4 to 5 pages bullshit 

Lets spread some positive things on here more...