The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

10 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

The message would be totally different, like she's saying goodbye to the past rather than embracing it

Yeah but I see it as representative of how that period played out. She released Human Nature as a single to make sure the general public heard that she wasn’t sorry, but then she put that period to bed come STR, Evita, etc.

13 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Yeah but I see it as representative of how that period played out. She released Human Nature as a single to make sure the general public heard that she wasn’t sorry, but then she put that period to bed come STR, Evita, etc.

Did she though?  TAB played an instrumental part in bringing her back to mainstream success in the U.S., not only that on the back of that success she decided to release a ballads collection (which included that song), but not only that she filmed a new video for You'll See that was an extension to Take a Bow's video.  Not only that, the song's video played an instrumental part in her appealing to Alan Parker when she was securing the part of Eva Peron.

Personally, I think she's just switching it up to appeal the U.S. crowd performing TAB!  It's where the song was most successful.  

I still prefer Rain, but like TAB those songs have been long forgotten by the general public over the years being she hadn't perform them much since the release of those songs.  

I wonder if Crazy for You's inclusion in the setlist where it's at is symbolic of something else.

I saw on TikTok recently that there is some debate about why she was never included on We Are The World with some people saying its because artists at the time thought she wouldn't last. I then saw that Crazy for You actually bumped We Are The World out of the #1 spot on the Billboard charts.

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Okay so I prefer the black corset over the other one , it’s more slick

The change reminds me of how she switched the look to black for The Virgin Tour. Only this time we don't have to wait for her to toss a tambourine up in the air to catch a glimpse! Her pretties are out in the open for an entire section, in all of their Glory. 

:Madonna055:

🙄❤️🔥🥳

5 minutes ago, Lucky90210 said:

Crazy For You is about gay men. Inspired by her nights at the Roxy. Listen to the lyrics and it will make sense. She includes it at the end of her ballroom as a reminder that she has always loved the gay community.

She's given us so much so, in my heart, I always feel Crazy For You honors a special place in time for....

Madonna 💘 Jellybean

14 minutes ago, Lucky90210 said:

Also, TUTBMP Is about friends lost to AIDS and the end of the NYC club scene as she knew it.

Marty kept a photo album of the artwork he did for her. The Playground video always reminds me of that, contrary to whatever Boy George has to say about the concept. 

🌈💘🌈

30 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

why she was never included on We Are The World with some people saying its because artists at the time thought she wouldn't last. 

The excuse they gave is that they considered her and Cyndi Lauper to be too similar so would only include one of them, although this criteria didn't seem to apply to the male artists.

They went with Cyndi - who nearly didn't do it because her boyfriend at the time said the song wouldn't be a hit. Guess charity begins at home for Cyndi.

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

Did she though?  TAB played an instrumental part in bringing her back to mainstream success in the U.S., not only that on the back of that success she decided to release a ballads collection (which included that song), but not only that she filmed a new video for You'll See that was an extension to Take a Bow's video.  Not only that, the song's video played an instrumental part in her appealing to Alan Parker when she was securing the part of Eva Peron.

Personally, I think she's just switching it up to appeal the U.S. crowd performing TAB!  It's where the song was most successful.  

I still prefer Rain, but like TAB those songs have been long forgotten by the general public over the years being she hadn't perform them much since the release of those songs.  

If she could have released Human Nature as the first single from Bedtime Stories, I really think she would have because, honestly, that's how I'd like to believe she reeeeeeaaaaally felt. TAB and the ballads collection were professional vehicles to propel her forward. Decisive And Devisive. 

Was not my time to go :Madonna020:

😜 I need to lay down.

17 minutes ago, Ziploc said:

The excuse they gave is that they considered her and Cyndi Lauper to be too similar so would only include one of them, although this criteria didn't seem to apply to the male artists.

They went with Cyndi - who nearly didn't do it because her boyfriend at the time said the song wouldn't be a hit. Guess charity begins at home for Cyndi.

Pinning it on Cyndi is a distraction. She has done A LOT for the gay community. Consider some of the people surrounding Cyndi at the time, they threw more shade on both Madonna and Cyndi's shine, conjuring a competition for which neither cared to participate. 

Hey songwriter Lionel, what's producer Quincy Jones have to say of the matter?

Was her exclusion not for the best though? Madonna, without an entire Justice League of Superstars, has done plenty, above and beyond, to make a brighter day for Africa.

4 hours ago, Lucky90210 said:

Crazy For You is about gay men. Inspired by her nights at the Roxy. Listen to the lyrics and it will make sense.

It was written by John Bettis and Jon Lind for Vision Quest , the producers requested it for the club scene. Not sure where you heard it’s about gay men?

As for TUTBMP, it makes sense but once again I think she wrote that especially for 'A League of Their Own’ and lyrically relates to the movie.

5 hours ago, MikeyK said:

She’s embracing the character though and says “absolutely no regrets.”

4 hours ago, Champ said:

Pinning it on Cyndi is a distraction. She has done A LOT for the gay community. Consider some of the people surrounding Cyndi at the time, they threw more shade on both Madonna and Cyndi's shine, conjuring a competition for which neither cared to participate. 

Hey songwriter Lionel, what's producer Quincy Jones have to say of the matter?

Was her exclusion not for the best though? Madonna, without an entire Justice League of Superstars, has done plenty, above and beyond, to make a brighter day for Africa.

I agree! Cyndi Lauper wasn't even really interested in doing the song and while they invited her, she only showed up the last minute!  Lionel has explained this several times and I have to believe there was no intent to snub her. The fact is; she was just blowing up as they were assembling who was going to contribute on this track. 

And I agree, at the end of the day her "exclusion" only was for the best. She ended up knocking the very song off the #1 spot and like you pointed out have done a lot for Africa over the years.  I'm sure if the song was happening a year later, she'd probably be part of it!

I think we have to take into account the fact that Madonna had just done the VMA’s rolling around the floor with her arse out and so was seen as being a trashy tart by both industry and the public. So it’s not hard to grasp why they didn’t think she was suitable for a charity song about saving starving children in Africa. She wouldn’t have fit the image of the song. And yes they invited Prince, but there was a real double standard then as we know. I also believe Madonna would not have done it without a solo. Her ego was too big by then to just stand in the back with random Jackson family members. Ideally Madonna and Cyndi would have shared the moment as two “sisters” united, that would have been quite iconic in retrospect. But no one then could have known.

The song is lame anyway as was the whole celebrity “charity single” trend.

There was only 1 line/part for either Cyndi or M. for We are the world. There was actually a small argument about it with the giguy who came up with the idea making the overall decision that cyndi's voice would stand out more on radio. Yeah she wasnt gonna do it (and seed drunk or on drugs too lol), she turned up last min. Lionel Ritchie only last week said it was a mistake, they shouldve had M. 

Prince never showed up he hated the song, he said he'd add guitar they said no so his part was replaced with Huey Lewis.