The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

4 hours ago, dylanlioncourt said:

So just got home from the Dallas date today. Ended up getting some end of the catwalk front row tickets for $296 a piece and took my friend and mom with our old tickets. DJ Mary Mac was the DJ tonight before the show. Lukewarm reaction and kind of dozed off on the set like I did back on MDNA. The mixes were very meh.

Madonna came around after 10 tonight. Very interactive. Mentioned she was starting the show on a bad mood. Her voice was a bit hoarse tonight and noticed she missed a couple of cues during some songs. She almost whacked herself with the mic stand during Burning Up. No Causing a Commotion tonight. The first opening act was glorious live and especially Live To Tell definitely touches the heartstrings. Like a Prayer I ended up loving in person along with the performance and visuals.

Love to hear she was back and interactive last night!! I wonder why she was in a bad mood and her voice was hoarse. She should've been well-rested without a show for the past several days. But maybe she was frustrated because she's coming down with something right when she needed to get back to performing.

5 hours ago, dylanlioncourt said:

So just got home from the Dallas date today. Ended up getting some end of the catwalk front row tickets for $296 a piece and took my friend and mom with our old tickets. DJ Mary Mac was the DJ tonight before the show. Lukewarm reaction and kind of dozed off on the set like I did back on MDNA. The mixes were very meh.

Madonna came around after 10 tonight. Very interactive. Mentioned she was starting the show on a bad mood. Her voice was a bit hoarse tonight and noticed she missed a couple of cues during some songs. She almost whacked herself with the mic stand during Burning Up. No Causing a Commotion tonight. The first opening act was glorious live and especially Live To Tell definitely touches the heartstrings. Like a Prayer I ended up loving in person along with the performance and visuals.

Erotica was so epic and dark sounding in the arena. Personal favorite of mine and Hung Up brought the house down. She looked at me and my sister during the dance break and smiled at us. Vogue's guest tonight was a drag queen (didn't catch her name) but she walked prior to the show around the floor so it was a given she'd be the best and she did well! Crazy For You got a huge reaction tonight.

We got Express Yourself tonight, prior to the song she did her infamous "What's the difference between a popstar and a terrorist?" joke and one guy shouted out the punchline. She seemed shocked and surprised and had a lovely banter with him. I think she was genuinely surprised. Asked us to turn our phone lights on and the crowd sang along. She mentioned the night had gotten better and loved seeing our smiling faces.

Bedtime Story (the cube obscured the view) but I loved the mix and how it goes off. Ray of Light was just euphoria from beginning to end. The lights, the remix, the energy!! Loved it. No Rain tonight (though we were in the middle of a thunderstorm tonight) but Take a Bow got a good reaction tonight. The Billie Jean/Like a Virgin interlude got a good reaction and works better live than on video. Still not a fan of the finale but it worked tonight. She seemed in high spirits performing it and having a ball. She missed her veil cue and laughed it off and said goodnight. 

Overall, it's my fourth time seeing her and my younger sister's first show. Was an amazing ride exploring her rich discography set to the legendary live and career she's lived. For those on the fence or awaiting their upcoming tour dates, you're in for the ride of your lives. Debating tomorrow's show for a two nighter but my god, I'm still on a high! Will try to post photos and videos! :luv:

Amazing @dylanlioncourt!!!

Go tonight you’ll never regret going twice imagine all the people that didn’t even make the effort to go but write endlessly about it and you have the privilege of attending 

Tell us everything and post the pics and vids ❤️

7 minutes ago, maddy69 said:

Last night was amazing. I wasn't expecting it to be good, sorry, the videos I had seen just wasn't doing it justice. But in person this show is off the charts! I got to see bad girl live, plus burning up demo version, those I was looking forward to. I was in the 300 section but man my seats were great, I could see everything just fine. I sat with some really cool people who were having so much fun. We all sang and danced and just were happy! This was a good last time seeing her. Im glad my last tour was such a beautiful experience. :) Id give this show a 100 for sure. She was off a tiny bit on a couple of songs but really vocally I couldnt tell there was a backing track. You could here her just fine and she sounded great. She seemed really comfortable and engaged with the audience. I wish I could have scored tickets for tonight as well, Id def go again.

Love your experience and excitement!!! Thanks for sharing!

Im sure there could be some tickets for tonight 

10 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

All i can say about Madame X tour is after seeing the film i'm glad she cancelled on me. The intro is awful. It starts getting interesting with Human Nature. There's too much going on. I did not expect an overblown and overstuffed smaller venues version of her regular tours. I thought it would be about music and singing with real musicians. The film is unwatchable and she looks like she's sucking lemons the whole time, now we know the sour face was due to the pain. The only saving grace for me is the live mix of Future and better vocals on Killers, Batuka, Come Alive and I Rise than on the album (which i'm a fan of). The costumes are quite unimpressive too. The best numbers are Extreme Occident and Frozen thx to Jalet's genius. At last domething new. 

I like the MDNA entrance, sadly it's on that damn song. That one i had to skip too for health reasons and give my ticket at the last minute to a friend. 

i saw all the other tours starting with WTG and the one that stays with me is Girlie Show because of the rush of energy that exploded when she finally got onstage. The closest i got similar to it was Confessions. 

I have a question regarding the sound, have some of you been to various venues on this tour ? Was it hard to understand what she's saying at each ? I only did Bercy twice and it already was different from being in the pit than being in the nosebleeders. I wonder if not having to deal with a live band makes it a nightmare to mix her voice in it. Because on record, the reason why voices are doubled is because too many tracks drowns the vocals. I hope one day Stuart will explain to us how it was a nightmare in the end. 

And i wonder how that will play in the open air in Brazil...

Speaking voice was a mess the first night I went so I thought I’m loosing my ability to understand spoken English but second night was perfect, same area both nights 

2 hours ago, maddy69 said:

Last night was amazing. I wasn't expecting it to be good, sorry, the videos I had seen just wasn't doing it justice. But in person this show is off the charts! I got to see bad girl live, plus burning up demo version, those I was looking forward to. I was in the 300 section but man my seats were great, I could see everything just fine. I sat with some really cool people who were having so much fun. We all sang and danced and just were happy! This was a good last time seeing her. Im glad my last tour was such a beautiful experience. :) Id give this show a 100 for sure. She was off a tiny bit on a couple of songs but really vocally I couldnt tell there was a backing track. You could here her just fine and she sounded great. She seemed really comfortable and engaged with the audience. I wish I could have scored tickets for tonight as well, Id def go again.

Ahh thanks for sharing your experience from last night.  We're seeing less and less of these.  Definitely a sign that the tour is coming to an end very soon.  It always is fun to be sitting among other people who are enjoying themselves just as much.  :party:

3 hours ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

The execution of the duet with David and the folk acoustic version of Express Yourself has grown so much during the tour that are among my favourite moments of the show now. Especially this version of EY is so light and cool and celebratory, offering the joyful side of the track that was less focused n the iconic remix and is the core of the album (and the Girlie Show) version :heart::heart::heart:

Thanks a lot for these great videos!!

3 hours ago, MattyMads said:

She looked like she was about to get angry at the beginning of Burning up on the Dallas video, was she having sound issues?

I forgot to mention during my post but she kept saying things before songs or during. Not sure if it was during Burning Up but she said "Turn off the air conditioning now or close the door" and she sounded pissed. There were other bits where it was clear she was giving some direction to people backstage.

3 hours ago, maddy69 said:

Love your story 🥰

4 hours ago, maddy69 said:

5 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Love your story 🥰

Yes, love how positive he was about the whole experience. Too many reviews I've read of the show spend too much time focused on the minimal negative aspects of it, which very few in attendance experienced or cared  when there is so much more of the show to enjoy. :luv: