The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

1 hour ago, Future Lover said:

We’ll see what happens but I could see this being done both for it’s just but it’d also look really good on camera. 

I think it could have worked if they had come with the idea sooner, done a better job trying to make it a trend and the performance was longer 

How good to see that in other parts of the world Madonna is and will always be considered the only and legitimate Queen of Pop. Something that curiously does not happen in her own country where we often witness how her title is taken away from her and given to any improvised and opportunistic singer whose popularity will not exceed 10 years, after which they will be forgotten and no one will remember them.

It's incredible how that symbolic crown has crossed the heads of so many singers. From Britney Spears, Beyonce, Pink, Whitney Houston, Nelly Furtado, Lady Gaga and others whose names I don't even remember anymore. Fortunately, this only happens in the United States because in other countries Madonna is treated as she deserves: as a queen to whom everyone must pay homage. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for Madonna to decide to become a Mexican citizen. I am sure that all Mexicans would be proud of it.

1 hour ago, Andymad said:

Damn I thought she was hot in Toronto. Mexico is on FIRE. This official release is going to be EPIC. I truly cannot wait to see it in 5 years. Thinking about it, I have a feeling the official release will highlight Kylie's visit.

LOL to 5 years.  Seriously though, I'm thinking this all is going to move quicker than we think.  Though, I do think we probably won't see the official release until later this year at the earliest. I think they are going to want to milk this tour for all it's worth.  I'm actually surprised that they aren't trying to sell the broadcast as a special online viewing/streaming event to the public for $100+.  But I guess from what the PR stated, it will be going to a streaming service in the near future.  I'm sure whatever the case, a streaming service will have the rights to the show for some time, before the broadcast can be sold individually to consumers. This is probably why they are filming Mexico, so they may put together another feature/documentary of the show to be sold individually which I don't believe we will see at the earliest this fall.

2 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

How good to see that in other parts of the world Madonna is and will always be considered the only and legitimate Queen of Pop. Something that curiously does not happen in her own country where we often witness how her title is taken away from her and given to any improvised and opportunistic singer whose popularity will not exceed 10 years, after which they will be forgotten and no one will remember them.

It's incredible how that symbolic crown has crossed the heads of so many singers. From Britney Spears, Beyonce, Pink, Whitney Houston, Nelly Furtado, Lady Gaga and others whose names I don't even remember anymore. Fortunately, this only happens in the United States because in other countries Madonna is treated as she deserves: as a queen to whom everyone must pay homage. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for Madonna to decide to become a Mexican citizen. I am sure that all Mexicans would be proud of it.

Her American fans also treat her like royalty.

Really don’t understand why the millions of people who love her, defend her, and show up constantly for her have to get lumped in with the people who don’t. There’s people in every country in the world who hate her and she’s taken a bashing in media from many, many countries that aren’t the US and yet we’re the only ones anyone ever talks about treating her poorly. 

Hardly fair when we all just showed up and showed out for an entire leg full of great shows where she was shown a ton of love and devotion. 

1 hour ago, Future Lover said:

Her American fans also treat her like royalty.

Really don’t understand why the millions of people who love her, defend her, and show up constantly for her have to get lumped in with the people who don’t. There’s people in every country in the world who hate her and she’s taken a bashing in media from many, many countries that aren’t the US and yet we’re the only ones anyone ever talks about treating her poorly. 

Hardly fair when we all just showed up and showed out for an entire leg full of great shows where she was shown a ton of love and devotion. 

I suppose it would be fair to point out that often in Mexico, Southern Europe and Latin America she does receive a particular verbal enthusiasm that American audiences are less likely to engage in; not because they are less interested, less invested or disrespectful, but because there is a fundamental cultural difference that perhaps leans towards a more measured approach. As fans in America we go all out, but the more casual audience member is less likely to show the type of reverence that was seen at last night’s show in Mexico City. I’d also say that Madonna is a uniquely global superstar in that her influence spans decades and has never really lost its intensity internationally. When she shows up overseas, people pay attention. Whether or not she has been as commercially relevant on the charts in the last decade is insignificant when she has the type of immediate recognizability of her image and her incomparable back catalog of hits. It hasn’t been celebrated by the media and the masses in America in the way that she deserves for many years, but I do believe all of that is changing. I think there’s a conscious awareness that today’s very prolific major stars of the music industry simply don’t have the type of broad spectrum connection to the zeitgeist in a way that will last with the type of endurance that music from a pre-streaming era did. Madonna is so exceptional in so many ways, and everyone kind of knows it, even if they hate on her. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic