The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

4 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

you're welcome today was the first i have seen of it as well

And I may have seen it before, but I don't recall because like most of us, I've seen so many clips of her performing it's hard to keep track.  And with talk that she's rehearsing for the RIO show, it's easy to think this might be something new, especially if you don't recall it or never saw it before.  So yeah, I rather see repeats of her performances than the drama some people unfold here. :luv:

Ok apparently a Rio event producer revealed that Madonna will sing in Copacabana 2 or 3 MORE songs than she has been singing on the tour. The rehearsals should take place in the 5 halls of the Copacabana Palace! 

So, if true, not just the Music performance coming (I can't help but being super excited for the live broadcasting, the last time I saw one of her shows live on tv I was 22 :lol:)

And YES Mexico, the friday night show still is the LAST proper Celebration Tour performance, Copacabana is more like a worldwide live event to close the tour :heart:

10 DAYS TO GO!! (this is the exclusive merch by the way ... I don't know if it was already shared)

438222382_981240243571953_46987004613696

3 minutes ago, stefo said:

Ok apparently a Rio event producer revealed that Madonna will sing in Copacabana 2 or 3 MORE songs than she has been singing on the tour. The rehearsals should take place in the 5 halls of the Copacabana Palace! 

So, if true, not just the Music performance coming (I can't help but being super excited for the live broadcasting, the last time I swa one of her show live on tv I was 22 :lol:)

I'm hoping it's true and not misinformation.  At the same time, I will not set myself up for disappointment to anything additional until we hear something more official. We may not and that's fine.  I'm just not going to convince myself more songs will be added. 

That being said, Music would would be a great way to close out the show.  If anything, I'm sure if she's going to include anything more, she's going to stick to known classics. 

It's also a good opportunity to debut a new song, but I hate to open that can of worms because we've all been there expecting something new will happen, but never does.  LOL!

8 minutes ago, Donna said:

I'm hoping it's true and not misinformation.  At the same time, I will not set myself up for disappointment to anything additional until we hear something more official. We may not and that's fine.  I'm just not going to convince myself more songs will be added. 

That being said, Music would would be a great way to close out the show.  If anything, I'm sure if she's going to include anything more, she's going to stick to known classics. 

It's also a good opportunity to debut a new song, but I hate to open that can of worms because we've all been there expecting something new will happen, but never does.  LOL!

You had my same idea :lol: music - we know she rehearsed it (maybe a kind of Faz Gostoso moment with Anitta, someone wrote she is reported as a gueststar on Globo tv or somewhere similar) and, yes, when will she ever have another chance like this to launch the Max Martin track? 

Said that, about me, I use to dare speculations quite often because I never get that disappointed if things don't get real. I'm lucky, I just get the fun of it. I've been profoundly disappointed in other cases though tbt. Listening to Hard Candy for example or to MDNA, those were really bad moments.

14 minutes ago, stefo said:

You had my same idea :lol: music - we know she rehearsed it (maybe a kind of Faz Gostoso moment with Anitta, someone wrote she is reported as a gueststar on Globo tv or somewhere similar) and, yes, when will she ever have another chance like this to launch the Max Martin track? 

Said that, about me, I use to dare speculations quite often because I never get that disappointed if things don't get real. I'm lucky, I just get the fun of it. I've been profoundly disappointed in other cases though tbt. Listening to Hard Candy for example or to MDNA, those were really bad moments.

It makes sense that Faz Gostoso could be added in a way like Kylie's "Cant Get You Out Of My Head" was.  So there's two tracks if true.

And of course, it's fun to speculate and wish and hope, but I draw the line in throwing a fit if it doesn't happen, especially since nothing has been promised.  She definitely is bringing the original show to RIO, with the possibilities of some additions which I've always felt is possible.  It's going to be a spectacular night and I hope everything goes well without any issues. :party:

1 hour ago, stefo said:

So, if true, not just the Music performance coming (I can't help but being super excited for the live broadcasting, the last time I saw one of her shows live on tv I was 22 :lol:)

And YES Mexico, the friday night show still is the LAST proper Celebration Tour performance, Copacabana is more like a worldwide live event to close the tour :heart:

10 DAYS TO GO!! (this is the exclusive merch by the way ... I don't know if it was already shared)

Me inside my body, inner thoughts, I WANT a full fledged Express Yourself. However that moment is so incredibly intimate and personal with the crowd. I wonder how that would Peter out on the beach with everyone. It would take a long ass time for everyone to get the message but maybe not. 

I would imagine extra songs would possibly mean songs that might have been rehearsed or considered during rehearsals... Because there's not much time, really. I'm probably wrong but I would love that missing section to make an appearance.

I would also love this show to close with a ballad. I've said it before how fitting and emotional it would be for her to end on that note. This is the end of such an incredibly monumental tour for her. Health wise, stamina wise... connection wise. This means so much more to her. Of course it's a big party! But it's also something to stand back and look at quietly in the end, ponder. Think of how much she has accomplished and proven to herself and the naysayers that she is truly unstoppable. I'll Remember comes to mind. The lyrics alone are so fitting. WE gave her strength, and love. She felt on her own but we've all changed her. She'll look back on this and remember the one thing that kept her going. Happiness.

Sorry I've just poured a wine.

2 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Me inside my body, inner thoughts, I WANT a full fledged Express Yourself. However that moment is so incredibly intimate and personal with the crowd. I wonder how that would Peter out on the beach with everyone. It would take a long ass time for everyone to get the message but maybe not. 

I would imagine extra songs would possibly mean songs that might have been rehearsed or considered during rehearsals... Because there's not much time, really. I'm probably wrong but I would love that missing section to make an appearance.

I would also love this show to close with a ballad. I've said it before how fitting and emotional it would be for her to end on that note. This is the end of such an incredibly monumental tour for her. Health wise, stamina wise... connection wise. This means so much more to her. Of course it's a big party! But it's also something to stand back and look at quietly in the end, ponder. Think of how much she has accomplished and proven to herself and the naysayers that she is truly unstoppable. I'll Remember comes to mind. The lyrics alone are so fitting. WE gave her strength, and love. She felt on her own but we've all changed her. She'll look back on this and remember the one thing that kept her going. Happiness.

The ballad would be nice, but I think a classic song like Music would be a great banger to end with.  With a ballad, especially TAB I can see the vocals might stand out more and the crowds excitement would wane.  But with a song like Music or something equally classic, would just "wow" people. Also, people will be less forgiving to her vocals on a banger if they end up being poor. 

1 hour ago, stefo said:

Hope is not like the Maluma performance of Music 

23 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Don't say sorry man :cute: we're here to play. And I'm gonna play telling you that I can't see the excluded set getting back in full form. Also because the tracks were not major hits except Music and 4 minutes. I can see Music finally happening though and I hardly imagine M closing a huge beach party with over 1 million people with a ballad. I get your point and it could have worked in arenas actually. I think she will leave the stage with the Celebration outro in Rio anyway ... or with a bigger banger. 

3 minutes ago, stefo said:

Don't say sorry man :cute: we're here to play. And I'm gonna play telling you that I can't see the excluded set getting back in full form. Also because the tracks were not major hits except Music and 4 minutes. I can see Music finally happening though and I hardly imagine M closing a huge beach party with over 1 million people with a ballad. I get your point and it could have worked in arenas actually. I think she will leave the stage with the Celebration outro in Rio anyway ... or with a bigger banger. 

Love this and agree with it.  I love @Andymadidea.  But I think the big banger works better for an event like this.  A full version of Celebration would be cool too. Would be a great way to finally close the "Celebration Tour".   In fact, I'm a little surprised the whole song wasn't performed in the first place.  Just seems very fitting for the tour.  :luv:

14 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Have fun boo 

Thanks love 

Valentines Day Love GIF by Digital Pratik
I’m so exhausted I don’t know how she does it, I don’t want to sound corny but she’s a present of the universe to this planet, to her fans and at the same time a human like all of us. 

There’s a physical tiredness but also an emotional energy depletion, how paradoxical an experience that gives you so much leaves you exhausted at the same time. 

1 hour ago, stefo said:

I knoooooowww I knoooowwww... I'm a dreamer :luv:

1 hour ago, Donna said:

Love this and agree with it.  I love @Andymadidea.  But I think the big banger works better for an event like this.  A full version of Celebration would be cool too. Would be a great way to finally close the "Celebration Tour".   In fact, I'm a little surprised the whole song wasn't performed in the first place.  Just seems very fitting for the tour.  :luv:

I feel like there was a time, if I can recall, where I argued how the Celebration track would be in the show rather than not at all. I think at one point I actually thought it might have been the opener. And then she got sick. And the rumours of NRM opening surfaced. And I couldn't see it as a strong opener. Boy was I wrong. And boy did that opening change me. 

At this point, I can say I'm excited at the possibility of new additions. However, how the show is right now, is how it's meant to be. The rest is a little gift to us to end on the best high note of her career.

6 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

"Celebration" totally should have been a full song in the set list! So weird that she'd title the tour after it and not really include it. I've always thought about that.

Agreed. It kind of seems like it’s only the “theme” of the night as it somewhat bookends the production. The beginning with Bob and then the end of the show. But I would have loved to hear the verses before the chorus. 

I am honestly a little scared about that section, the cut off one (4 minutes, Back that up, Candy shop and Music). Apparently it was staged like a kind of dance battle between her and the dancers. The weakest parts of the whole show are the first three tracks after NRM and BIM imo. Now we don't know how it worked actually BUT I'm not sure about an entire section of dancey numbers (with strong and got up to speed coreos she is still excellent though, she's still got it - in Hung up or Don't tell me for example). What we know is that the tracks were not that incredible and she cut it off so maybe not the most convincing part of the show.

You know wich song rehearsed till a very few weeks before the debut night I would really love to see staged? Oh father ... and of course I really can't see it happening :lol: 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic