Bad Girl ( The honest vocal coach)

True Blue 84

9 minutes ago, Erotico said:

Calling someone a puppet, "Kylie is only here because Georgina".... actually Georgina didn't mention Kylie and Georgina said she's herself a Madonna fan.... cmon be nice I know the meaning of the word "smart a**"....

Oh dear you're just being idiot...

Let's to the facts:

1) KYLIE HERSELF ADMITTED SHE WAS CONTROLED BY PWL, HENCE SHE STARTED TO GIVE HER OWN FLIGHTS SINCE RHYTHM OF LOVE. BY 1991 SHE WAS ADAMANT SHE NEEDED TO LEAVE THEM. (EDIT: AND SHE DID IT TO NEVER GO BACK, SHE'S NO STEPS OR SINITTA OR SONIA OR ANYONE ELSE FROM WATERMAN'S POOR LITTLE THINGS GROUP)

IF IT WEREN'T FOR TERRY BLAMEY SHE WOULD BE EVEN IN A WORSE STATE.

2) GEORGINA THIS, GEORGINA THAT... I HATE GEORGINA, I DON'T HATE KYLIE, WHAT'S THE PART OF IT YOU DON'T GET?

3) AND OF COURSE YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF "BEING A SMART A$$," YOU HAVE JUST DEMONSTRATED ME THAT RN.

Feel free to put me on your block list because I ain't even giving myself the job of doing such a stupid thing.

21 minutes ago, Erotico said:

I mean seriously all these Kylie hate? Kylie has had another number 1 album in the Uk a couple of weeks ago and anyone who saw her live can say she is an amazing singer (don't judge if your never attended her shows and don't be offensive), Plus Kylie has always supported Madonna and showed interest in making a duet so I don't get this jealousy...

This is a Madonna forum.

Disliking an Olsen Twin is not jealousy.

Shes ok. Shes average. That’s just some peoples opinions. Some people think that about Madonna. This is a Madonna forum. Just because Kylie likes Madonna doesn’t mean we have to like a Kylie.

Again, Kylie is harmless enough, but she’s just very boring and I don’t love her voice. It gets her through and she’s had a great career! She doesn’t need people defending her on a Madonna forum, I can assure you.

Kylie is an excellent live singer, and she is consistently good. I can count on one hand her bad vocal performances. 

However, this isn't a Kylie forum and I'd appreciate it if you would all kindly stop jabbering on about who is the better singer... A bunch of middle aged men acting like infants.

Puppy Dog Eyes GIF by Disney+

19 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

This is a Madonna forum.

Disliking an Olsen Twin is not jealousy.

Shes ok. Shes average. That’s just some peoples opinions. Some people think that about Madonna. This is a Madonna forum. Just because Kylie likes Madonna doesn’t mean we have to like a Kylie.

Again, Kylie is harmless enough, but she’s just very boring and I don’t love her voice. It gets her through and she’s had a great career! She doesn’t need people defending her on a Madonna forum, I can assure you.

Oh here comes the fucking troll..."harmless enough" again 😴. You don't like her? That's ok. She's very far from boring though. That's just your irrelevant opinion. She would not need anyone defending her on a Madonna forum is people like you weren't constantly trying to discredit her. Please just block me. It's annoying having a troll reacting to all my posts. 

44 minutes ago, rga98 said:

Oh here comes the fucking troll..."harmless enough" again 😴. You don't like her? That's ok. She's very far from boring though. That's just your irrelevant opinion. She would not need anyone defending her on a Madonna forum is people like you weren't constantly trying to discredit her. Please just block me. It's annoying having a troll reacting to all my posts. 

So now only trolls don’t care for Kylie Minogue?

A Madonna forum might not be the place for you if you don’t want to see people who don’t love and gush over Kylie Minogue.

Not everyone who isn’t a big fan of Kylie or her voice are haters and/or trolls.

48 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

So now only trolls don’t care for Kylie Minogue?

A Madonna forum might not be the place for you if you don’t want to see people who don’t love and gush over Kylie Minogue.

Not everyone who isn’t a big fan of Kylie or her voice are haters and/or trolls.

Again. For the last time. It's absolutely ok that you don't like Kylie. I respect that. Not everyone can like Kylie or Madonna or anyone. But the "harmless enough" and "very boring" comments are the thing that bugs me and don't try to act like you make those with good intentions. You're dissing her. I have bad opinions on MANY artists but this is a Madonna forum so I don't feel the need to out them and create drama. Because, as much as you don't like Kylie there's manny people in here who do and you know that damn well. This is about the vocal coach thing so Kylie shouldn't even be mentioned to begin with.

Georgina is extremely likable to me; I've watched many of her reactions, and I enjoy her videos. She's a very nice person. However, she isn't as skilled and knowledgeable as you may think.

She's neither a sound engineer nor a highly accomplished voice teacher.

The method she teaches, heavily influenced by EVT (Estill Voice Training), is based on scientific models that align more with 19th-century science than contemporary scientific principles. Furthermore, her method neglects the rich tradition of Italian bel canto, which has always emphasized the importance of breath control, vocal attacks and cultivating an "inner smile" for vocal development. It's not a terrible method, but it isn't the best one either. Her opinions are ok, but not perfect. 

And she's not a sound engineer; she doesn't notice some of the subtleties, otherwise she wouldn't have said this.

With careful listening or by watching videos with superior audio quality, it becomes apparent that Madonna isn't lip-syncing in these instances. Instead, she appears to be using a pre-recorded voice that, at certain points, reaches the same volume as her live singing or even a higher volume. It blends seamlessly, but at times, it almost overshadows her live vocals.

It's actually really hard now to judge a live vocal - as we know it's often blended with a backing track - unless it's obviously. not.

I don't think Bad Girl has a backing track - I think that was one is all live - and it's great to finally hear Madonna sing in her natural lower key.

2 hours ago, Jackie said:

It's actually really hard now to judge a live vocal - as we know it's often blended with a backing track - unless it's obviously. not.

I don't think Bad Girl has a backing track - I think that was one is all live - and it's great to finally hear Madonna sing in her natural lower key.

While I agree she sings it live, I do believe it's supported by a backing track.  But it's far more subtle than some other songs that having backing tracks. It's quite possible that she recorded a live take while rehearsing, and uses that to sing along with. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2023 at 8:05 AM, Jackie said:

See above :laughing:

Looking at the footage - It's all sung over a loud backing track - different videos' you can hear different parts - watching a different video you can hear it's live as you can hear how flat she is some parts - while in another video it's perfectly in tune, so just depends where you are listening.

59 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

It's live with a backing track, at the water bottle incident the backing track started playing when she was still drinking, but once she started singing on top of it you could clearly hear her vocals come in...

The backing track was clearly the dominant sound.

Having said that there are moments in the song on clips where you can clearly hear her live voice. Particularly toward the end of the song.

9 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Looking at the footage - I think BG is lip synched for everythign but the chorus - I think that's the only live part of it.

I haven’t analyzed videos but going by what I saw at the shows I get the impression the levels of the backing track vs. live vocals varies from show to show.