Timeline: What’s coming next?

thiagosb

While queuing for the Celebration Tour in Antwerp we started brainstorming with other fans on a forward looking timeline:

- 2023/2024 Celebration Tour 

- 2025 Celebration Tour released on streaming 

- 2026/2027 New album produced by Max Martin 

- 2027-2028 Biopic goes into production 

- 2028 Biopic released / Madonna turns 70

Wdyt? 

Good question! I agree with your timeline except I’m not convinced there will be a biopic. Instead, maybe another tour to promote a new album? But I’m not going to count on anything at this point in time. I’ll just be thankful for anything even if it’s new singles here and there. 

A whole ass Max Martin album ehh why not a new Stuart produced album with a few Martin songs. Call Patrick Leonard and Joe Henry and make some grown up music. Then do the unplugged orchestra tour. Show the world how fun life outside the disco is too.

I agree with @Voguerista maybe Celebration Tour is the biopic. A new direction sounds exciting. What is with everything having to be a movie anyway? People make and want to make movies about everything. 

7 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

A whole ass Max Martin album ehh why not a new Stuart produced album with a few Martin songs. Call Patrick Leonard and Joe Henry and make some grown up music. Then do the unplugged orchestra tour. Show the world how fun life outside the disco is too.

I agree with @Voguerista maybe Celebration Tour is the biopic. A new direction sounds exciting. What is with everything having to be a movie anyway? People make and want to make movies about everything. 

I still believe in the biopic project. All the time invested in the research to revisit her past and draft the script… I do not believe it will be for nothing. 

13 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

I agree! Her legendary being is her music, videos, and concerts! And yes please to getting Stuart, Patrick Leonard, and Joe Henry to help! 💝💃🕺🏼💝🌲🕺🏼

Another thing I know being a fan for the time I am: we cannot count on M to deliver what we expect from her. NEVER.

It's not because she's a senior (ok, @konfideinmenow, I have no problem anymore with aging) that fans will suddenly get everything they expect from her. If this were the case the "curated reissues" would have been hitting stores by now.

2 hours ago, thiagosb said:

While queuing for the Celebration Tour in Antwerp we started brainstorming with other fans on a forward looking timeline:

- 2023/2024 Celebration Tour 

- 2025 Celebration Tour released on streaming 

- 2026/2027 New album produced by Max Martin 

- 2027-2028 Biopic goes into production 

- 2028 Biopic released / Madonna turns 70

Wdyt? 

2030 The Celebration Tour on vinyl/CD/DVD/Bluray/cassette 😎💥

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

what about the first expanded release first or have we all given up on this now and just settle for vinyl reissues now and all her catalogue dumped onto streaming ?

When I was in London I met with some people in the know, close to the project and here's something i was told - there are big vinyl pressing backlogs across all artists which impacts release schedules however does not mean they are not coming etc

I don't think she will pause the biopic for another 5 years. If it's not happening right after the tour, it's not happening.

My guess would be:

Touring until the end of 2024. Hopefully she will film it in New York and release it around the time the tour ends.

2025: shooting and editing the biopic

2026: biopic release and new album sessions (she already has lots of material)

2027: new album release and tour

In an ideal world, the biopic gets assigned to a different director and she will focus on new music instead.

6 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

M is doing her biopic. Maybe more so now with her health scare than ever before. She literally asked us what she should do next:

1. A world tour?

2. a biopic?

she did the tour. Next is the biopic. Not rocket science 💁

She can't do it without investors. This why she hasn't made a movie since 2011. She tried multiple times but no one wants to pay for a movie no one will want to see. If the biopic had been given the green light, it'd be almost out by now. She went on tour because either the script is terrible or no one wants to pay for a movie directed by Madonna. We all know people won't give it a chance and critics will give it horrible reviews. No investors = no biopic, and she can't change it. If she gave up on directing it, I think they might let her make it.

I don´t think the movie will be made as she thought. The tour is the biopic. 2024 touring, hope she is fine till the final dates. Then resting and editing the audio/ video for a year. If she starts recording something, 2026, for christmas 2026 release.

Oks, if she want she can be recording sooner, but is she hurry? I don´t think so. First will come the live album and tv special.

29 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I don´t think the movie will be made as she thought. The tour is the biopic. 2024 touring, hope she is fine till the final dates. Then resting and editing the audio/ video for a year. If she starts recording something, 2026, for christmas 2026 release.

Oks, if she want she can be recording sooner, but is she hurry? I don´t think so. First will come the live album and tv special.

Based on the studio pics with Max Martin perhaps it was already recorded?

9 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

She can't do it without investors. This why she hasn't made a movie since 2011. She tried multiple times but no one wants to pay for a movie no one will want to see. If the biopic had been given the green light, it'd be almost out by now. She went on tour because either the script is terrible or no one wants to pay for a movie directed by Madonna. We all know people won't give it a chance and critics will give it horrible reviews. No investors = no biopic, and she can't change it. If she gave up on directing it, I think they might let her make it.

It’ll get done. 

I think we are going to see more re-issues from her catalog.  I'm betting a Deluxe version of LAV will happen.  It's too significant to pass up, especially after the Celebration tour has started.  I'm hoping she will take advantage of certain viral moments and keep adding to her digital and streaming catalog.  As disappointed as some fans are with her digital/streaming catalog, it makes sense to spread it out.  I also assume after the Celebration Tour a streaming service will pick up a documentary of her tour. I have a feeling she's going to turn the current tour and highlights of her life into a series documentary in the next year or so.

It feels like she's been in a studio a lot! I belive she has quite a material already... Sickkick, Honey D., Max...maybe even something more with the Weeknd, Mike Dean...and also Stuart...Inmean that random podcast about Hung up back then.... She even talked about "other project" she is working on alonside (best of) remix album (FEL)  she hang with many musicians at the time....then the rumors of ewriting sessions with Patrick L. ... We never knew when she recorded Popular or any of the remixes for Frozen until she wanted us to.... I think with the tour it is only a matter of timing...coordinating all the projects... promo... but I have faithwe will be getting...

More dates (I belive this tour could really have many legs with alternations...even inclusion of new mudic...maybe even after new music/movie....even in stadiums....(if her health alows it, which we are all praying for)

A new album

Reissues

Biopic (hope she stays as a producer only)- with new music...

I think this near death eyperience gave her a new focus to pull all this through... she is like before...hopefully she stays fit 🙏🙏🙏🙏

On 10/27/2023 at 9:29 PM, Fabiolous said:

The biopic was originally green lighted.  She had investors and a production/film company backing her.  The problem that arose was an agreed script, which is typical for most films.  There's always a back and forth.  Some of the biggest films took years to make.  Many times even when a film is given a go ahead, there are clashes with scripts, production, directors and even over money.  Unfortunately, Madonna couldn't get her script condensed down for a 2 hour feature.  I have no doubt, if a biopic was made, people would want to see it.  I'm sure even the most apprehensive fan over this project will go see it. 

I suspect at this point, she may have go back to the drawing board for investors and a film company, but at this time I am not sure if Universal has necessary dropped the film altogether as it's been said the film has been "shelved".  Universal is most likely still interested in having a biopic film made about Madonna.

18 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

@thiagosbI understand you're not spoiler free (at least not anymore), so I believe I have said a few things to you in this post where I didn't mentioned you by chance:

I would really appreciate if you do read them and get how is my position rn.

thanks for flagging! i replied to your message on the other thread 😊