The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread 👑

nikolica

Yeah my comment isn't comparing Madonna now to Taylor ....it's more retroactively I'm saying all the opportunities she could've had before with American Life, Confessions , Hard Candy like she could've really pushed huge hits and video albums from those eras I know they were major released and topped charts and crucial acclaim but still 

Then MDNA, RH and MX where I feel distinctive visuals and pushes really could've benefit ....if handled slightly different or better because Imo MDNA deserved to be the biggest seller of 2012 not beaten by Coldplay and Adele and Katy Perry re released etc 

RH deserved to again be up there with a cohesive marketing and in tune with the digital age(remember TIDAL that never took off!) and then MX deserved to be up there too as a talked about album era and big hitter too 

Yes age and her being notoriously controversial at any given moment seems to be the thibg and when she started using queen imagery instead of focusing fully on era distinct visuals sadly it felt like she was getting a bit self indulgent as crowned and things like for three eras in a row she had a crown on and that disconnects I feel outside of hardcore fanbsse because monarchy has such negative connotation sadly overall 

Hopefully in time though we will get a new release and material I mean I get she's 203 years older than Beyonce and 31 years older than Taylor and 40 years older than Dua Lipa but still ...

3 hours ago, sara94 said:

Omg guys, i don't wanna get too excited but Spotify Germany is promoting her music. I just heard it. Maybe it means something is coming

Screenshot_20240419_201107_Spotify.jpg

I think this is all part of the push from the new Warner deal on her back catalog. I've noticed that on all social platforms there have been an increase of random averts that point back to her catalog, using the same tag line "listen to four decades of hits".  I just think this is just her PR working the rounds, being the Celebration Tour has brought so much attention to her lately.  I've seen similar ads on social media promoting her on APPLE MUSIC in the same way.  Vogue is usually the song that is playing in the ad. 

3 hours ago, Rebel Hugo said:

THIS!!! 💔💔💔 

I can't believe it's almost 5 YEARS since her last studio album... 🥹🥹🥹

That's right five ....whole....years! There's never been this gap between releases ... Like ever ?! The gap from hard candy to MDNA felt big but was only 4 years 

...RH to MX was just over 4 years too ...this is crazy in an era when you can literally put out anything at any point then boom 

3 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

That's right five ....whole....years! There's never been this gap between releases ... Like ever ?! The gap from hard candy to MDNA felt big but was only 4 years 

...RH to MX was just over 4 years too ...this is crazy in an era when you can literally put out anything at any point then boom 

She just did a tour without investing in new music to tour with so splurge Madge splurge!!!

7 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

True but I think it’s been a longer gap because she put out singles and remixes. Popular/Vulgar/frozen remixes. 

14 hours ago, Andreo said:

When Katy's new album drops this summer and gives us the dance banger featuring Madonna >>>>>>

The fact that in 2012 this would've meant something ....even 2014 when it was rumoured a duet was happening ....but didn't 

Walking on Air remix with Madonna mid prism era would've been the boost both could've nailed as after Dark Horse Prism fell flat sadly 

And Madonna post MDNA could've had that as a success single remix to bridge the gap between eras 

But.....it wasn't to be and Katy Perry can't chart these days and her arch nemesis Taylor Swift owns the industry 

Speaking of which Madonna plus Swift in 2015 for Ghost town was a magical moment for the both of them 

16 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Let’s complain about what we got in terms of music since Madame X:

Poopular

Vulmit

Break My Ass

Dung Up On Tokisha

Manure Gworl 

Frozen on Felch

Levitating Shit Remix

Sorry Blandy Remix  

Back That Up To the Belch

That’s a whole album worth of stinky garbage.

Yeah really depressing :Madonna051: (except Popular wich I do listen to quite often and still enjoy)

6 minutes ago, Donna said:

I would love a full album of her and Weeknd produced songs.  I think it would sound awesome. :luv:

I don't know, man. After Popular I am not sure if it would work for a full album. 

The Weeknd produced Madonna album in the style of his last 2 albums, maybe yes (mix of synths pop and RnB with a small touch of another producer). But Popular is nice as it is (reminds me RnB from 20 years ago - Janet Jackson: Damito Jo album, actually), not sure if we need to hear anymore of that.