The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread πŸ‘‘

nikolica

13 minutes ago, zephyr in the sky at night said:

Our favorite Twitter β€œinsiders” are at it again πŸ’€ I know not everyone enjoys or believes these, but I feel the need to share when I see them just in case there’s any sliver or truth or hope πŸ˜‚

IMG_7699.jpeg

Rather a sliver of delusion...Β :Madonna007:

I know this is just a fever dream at this point, but so was the idea of her serving something like the Rio concert until last weekend....

....what if her next era is a major comeback again like Confessions? Obviously not the same level of chart breaking success, but her being back in the public consciousness with new music that's well received, another sold out tour focused on the new music, and her main creative collaborators back at it (Stuart, Mirwais, Jonas, etc).

There are many parallels here to Reinvention Tour and what came after...

...I'd just be so beyond slayed if this woman really has another era left in her that doesn't feel like an appendix to her catalog. MDNA, Rebel Heart, Madame X, and arguably even Hard Candy feel superfluous against the rest of her catalog. It'd be wild for her to be back in the pop conversation with a new QUALITY release again.

Last weekend, I was convinced this was it. That performance felt like such a finale. But I've had people asking me about Rio that I'm surprised were even aware of it. It seems like this performance did her some major good will. Maybe this is the boost she needed to get back out there with another strong album.

I feel like this tour proved she understands what makes her MADONNA and that she tapped back into the best parts of herself as an artist. All of that time self reflecting and seeing how her catalog has been received live will definitely play into her next move as an artist.

This woman continues to blow me away in unexpected ways nearly 20 years into being a fan. It's such a gift to be a fan of Madonna.Β 

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She's never had it better in the last... 15 years? for releasing new music and actually making an impact. She's just been universally praised after Rio. The world is rooting for her like never before in ages.

If she has a KILLER track and Warner throws some good money on promo she can do it again.

Take over the world again, mama.

Agreed. I think people would be here for the novelty of a Madonna comeback at her age.

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

She's never had it better in the last... 15 years? for releasing new music and actually making an impact. She's just been universally praised after Rio. The world is rooting for her like never before in ages.

If she has a KILLER track and Warner throws some good money on promo she can do it again.

Take over the world again, mama.

Exactly, word for word. And also perfect timing to have a summer hit. She won't have many more occasions like that at 65. It would be a business crime not to take advantage of the current situation.

If the biopic is still a thing, I suspect the next music related project will be the soundtrack. Since the movie isn’t even in preproduction yet, I wouldn’t expect anything before 2026.Β 
If the biopic is a goner, who knows maybe she could drop something sooner.Β 

...some say it is Sabrina Carpenter (don't know if it is good, don't know any of her work)...of the "new ones" i can only zhink of Raye as potentialy somewhat interesting....There are rumores she will collab with Beyonce.... A duets album maybe???- it would be possible to boost streaming and new people from other fandoms discovering her...she still feels attached to the mainstream pop world...what we want as fansΒ  ...album of only her, new producers, sounds, old fashioned songwriting...she will give us that at 75 i predmet...in the way of Jonny Cash with "Hurt"...

21 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

If the biopic is still a thing, I suspect the next music related project will be the soundtrack. Since the movie isn’t even in preproduction yet, I wouldn’t expect anything before 2026.Β 
If the biopic is a goner, who knows maybe she could drop something sooner.Β 

I’ve dreamed about a biopic with music inspired by her life in the vein of every era she covers in the movieΒ 

music for and inspired by Madonna the movie πŸŽ₯ or seriesΒ 

4 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Excatly, word for word. And also perfect timing to have a summer hit. She won't have many more occasions like that at 65. It would be a business crime not to take advantage of the current situation.

I'm not sure if a new song at this moment would take off based on this.Β  Fans will definitely eat it up, but unless it's tied to something currently popular in pop culture, it will come and go.Β  In all honestly, her best bet is something not forced.Β  It has to be more of a sleeper hit. Sorta on the level of her success with The Weeknd.Β  Something unexpected.Β  Still a top 40 track is going to be hard to achieve at this stage in her career.Β  It would have to be tied to something that is being eaten up by the general public, because fans alone will not be enough to sustain a huge hit again.

1 hour ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I’ll leave this hereΒ 

IMG-8512.jpgΒ 

Seeing this image is just so nostalgic beautiful and emotional ...they know what they're doing ! I mean this album would slap so hard and be a huge hit ...I mean look at the pop scene today she definitely could nail thisΒ 

3 minutes ago, Donna said:

I'm not sure if a new song at this moment would take off based on this.Β  Fans will definitely eat it up, but unless it's tied to something currently popular in pop culture, it will come and go.Β  In all honestly, her best bet is something not forced.Β  It has to be more of a sleeper hit. Sorta on the level of her success with The Weeknd.Β  Something unexpected.Β  Still a top 40 track is going to be hard to achieve at this stage in her career.Β  It would have to be tied to something that is being eaten up by the general public, because fans alone will not be enough to sustain a huge hit again.

I mean look at Padam Padam by Kylie last yearΒ 

Madonna really could nail a hit like that or as you say a sleeper hit like Popular etc could really be fantastic it's a shame the Sam Smith Collab didn't hit hard too really queer anthem of the year was vulgarΒ 

But yes of course .... We all get there it'll all make sense from Hard Candy to Madame X I know it's been harder to give the bigger appeal like previous eras I enjoy or adore them but stillΒ 

4 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I mean look at Padam Padam by Kylie last year

The thing is; her record company and her pushed the hell out of that song... as well as the album.Β  While I won't deny it didn't enjoy some mediocre success which seemed huge for her at this point, it was. hardly on the same level as her past huge successes.Β  Unfortunately, the real key to help songs to reach top 40 status is still huge radio/streaming success as well as youth appeal. They control the market for the most part.Β  Madonna, unfortunately, doesn't come to mind for a lot of younger listeners which play a huge part in what is successful in top 40. Β 

At the end of the day, I don't expect her to get a top 40 single hit again in her career, at least as a solo artist. Still, it won't mean her music isn't good or great.Β  I loved a lot of her songs from her past three albums just as much as I love songs from her most successful albums.Β  Furthermore, I do think that she will continue to make waves and generate a lot of attention around anything she releases these days, but it just will never be as successful as her biggest top 40's.Β  We're never going to see that level success from her again.Β 

1 hour ago, TheG said:

...some say it is Sabrina CarpenterΒ 

It's funny because two days ago as i was listening to Spotify a song i didn't know came in, i checked and i didn't know that girl. It was "Espresso" by Sabrina Carpenter.Β  I made a screencap to remember the song and the singer. Coincidence... Here's the screencap i made

Screenshot-20240509-010052.jpg

Β 

14 minutes ago, Donna said:

The thing is; her record company and her pushed the hell out of that song... as well as the album.Β  While I won't deny it didn't enjoy some mediocre success which seemed huge for her at this point, it was. hardly on the same level as her past huge successes.Β  Unfortunately, the real key to help songs to reach top 40 status is still huge radio/streaming success as well as youth appeal. They control the market for the most part.Β  Madonna, unfortunately, doesn't come to mind for a lot of younger listeners which play a huge part in what is successful in top 40. Β 

At the end of the day, I don't expect her to get a top 40 single hit again in her career, at least as a solo artist. Still, it won't mean her music isn't good or great.Β  I loved a lot of her songs from her past three albums just as much as I love songs from her most successful albums.Β  Furthermore, I do think that she will continue to make waves and generate a lot of attention around anything she releases these days, but it just will never be as successful as her biggest top 40's.Β  We're never going to see that level success from her again.Β 

I mean the fact Like a Virgin and True Blue have sold 40 million copiesΒ 

But Rebel Heart (1.5 million) Madame X (700,000) I just get attached to and prefer and WISH were huger like if ha does different with tweaks here and there the potential of hits within controversial eras could've still very much happened beautifully and organically and that's what gets me MDNA whilst I like it if that made impact in a bigger way I think the 2010s definitely would've shown a different energy for herΒ 

RIO this weekend was everywhere like how she was back in 2008 it felt like always newsworthy and out there in a positive light ... Brit Awards, Eurovision and health scares all over media and scrutiny haven't helped fully but still ...her output has been high and I do personally hope her team gets on board and really showcase the pop scene today what can be doneΒ 

13 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I mean the fact Like a Virgin and True Blue have sold 40 million copiesΒ 

But Rebel Heart (1.5 million) Madame X (700,000) I just get attached to and prefer and WISH were huger like if ha does different with tweaks here and there the potential of hits within controversial eras could've still very much happened beautifully and organically and that's what gets me MDNA whilst I like it if that made impact in a bigger way I think the 2010s definitely would've shown a different energy for herΒ 

RIO this weekend was everywhere like how she was back in 2008 it felt like always newsworthy and out there in a positive light ... Brit Awards, Eurovision and health scares all over media and scrutiny haven't helped fully but still ...her output has been high and I do personally hope her team gets on board and really showcase the pop scene today what can be doneΒ 

I just don't expect her to do numbers anything like she use to.Β  At the same time, I do think he album releases still will make some waves at first. Though, I don't see any huge hits songs at this time in her career.Β  I also think that she will always grab attention the way Cher and Dolly Parton continues to do so.Β  Dolly is just constantly generating new music, products, films, etc.Β  None of them are even close to the success of some her biggest albums and hit songs, but people still get a glimpse of her and her music still gets out there on a smaller scale. I imagine the same will continue with Madonna as well.Β  At this point, it's unrelealistic to expect anything close to Confessions success. Merchandising will most likely be a big part of Madonna's future and I suspect a couple more big tours.

5 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

MDNA, Rebel Heart, Madame X, and arguably even Hard Candy feel superfluous against the rest of her catalog.Β 

Madame X was brilliant.Β Β 

Like a Prayer

Erotica

Ray of Light

American Life

Confessions On a Dancefloor

and Madame X.... are all brilliant.Β Β 

Β